British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

DaveLovesDee Sep 12th 2016 4:19 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12050138)
Have you tried blood pressure meds?

He's already on the maximum dose.

As we aren't actually in the post-Brexit yet, maybe we should close the thread for a couple of years :p

Vexcore Sep 12th 2016 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12050132)
Yes, a new thread of trolling begun. Thanks for that. Somehow I think it will be short lived though.

Denial Love?

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12050138)
Have you tried blood pressure meds?

Fantastic Response.

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12050148)

As we aren't actually in the post-Brexit yet, maybe we should close the thread for a couple of years :p

Yea Almost OD'ing JESUS CHRIST

amideislas Sep 12th 2016 5:00 pm

Britain is completely lost after Brexit and will beg for a deal, Brussels believes - The Telegraph

Britain has become “completely lost” post Brexit and can eventually be expected to “plead” for a deal when it realises the weakness of its position at the negotiating table, senior European Commission officials now believe.

While officially pressing for Britain to invoke Article 50 and begin divorce talks, officials in Brussels are taking growing satisfaction in what they believe is paralysis and disarray in Theresa May’s new government, according to internal discussions seen by The Telegraph.

mfesharne Sep 12th 2016 5:01 pm

I see DC has resigned as an MP which will trigger a by-election......... Maybe Nigel Farage should stand? :)

Vexcore Sep 12th 2016 5:10 pm

lol, Pathetic.

amideislas Sep 12th 2016 5:17 pm

The tenants weren't happy with the house, so they decided to move out. But then when they couldn't find something cheaper, went back and demanded they live there for free. After all, its not their fault.

Pathetic.

Lion in Winter Sep 12th 2016 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12050148)

The entire thread is a hazard to public health if you ask me.

I honestly don't understand what all the shouting is about. Outcomes are not determined by how loudly people shout on the internet.

EMR Sep 12th 2016 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12049940)
Which is exactly what I'm saying, Britain needs to revive its manufacturing base. To do that it needs to change its mindset and rekindle Britain's entrepreneurial spirit that was severely damaged by global corporatism. It's time you stopped slagging off our country, cease selling it down the river to finance your selfish creature comforts. :thumbdown: Get off your workshy arse and put something back in for a change.

You country is Australia or was it South Africa unless of course you arre giving up your life in Aus and moving back to the multi cultural, multi racial multi religious UK.
The society you have condemned time after time after time.
How much do you put back into the UK ?.

EMR Sep 12th 2016 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12050179)
I see DC has resigned as an MP which will trigger a by-election......... Maybe Nigel Farage should stand? :)

And be humiliated a second time.

EMR Sep 12th 2016 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12050033)
Nothing to do with the Unions of course, who would walk off the job at the drop of a hat.
Nothing to do with the previous labour govt of course, which sat back and fiddled while Rome was burning.
Nothing to do with the fact that the unions had opposed almost every attempt at modernisation on the premise that jobs might be lost.
Well they certainly achieved that alright and by the time Maggie took over nothing short of drairstic surgery and a degree of suffering was going to turn us around again. :cool:

By the way I think we've been here before GeniB. :nod:

You should look up the demise of Sony, Hitachi, Panasonic, Hoover, Hotpoint, Creda, British Aluminium, Alcan, etc etc etc.

Not one, nada had anything to do with unions or strikes or any other of the reasons you dug up.

Simply UK manufacturing costs,management etc could not compete on a global basis.

Brexiters complain about low wages, well if we are to compete on a global basis then UK labour costs have to be on a par with eastern europe, china, India, Vietnam or any if the " made in " labels you will find on 90% of the consumer items in UK shops.

DaveLovesDee Sep 12th 2016 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12050179)

Vexcore allegedly lives nearby. Maybe he could stand as a candidate!

la mancha Sep 12th 2016 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12050121)
These aren't my words or my actions. They are the words and actions of the government, the banks, businesses, and analysts.

Just out of curiosity, why would Britain stop buying European products? Is there a plan to ban European imports post-brexit? I hadn't heard. But that would be pretty bad for Britain, who is highly dependent upon them. I suppose if the pound tanks again (likely when article 50 is triggered), inflation could make everything more expensive, including imports from all over the globe.

Regarding Mallorca, yes, Magaluf will miss the Brits (there's maybe 200 businesses there), but I see Magaluf is suddenly being promoted to Germans and other Europeans now. I was in playa de palma the other day (the German party beach), and all kinds of adverts for Magaluf were up on billboards, big screens, etc. Previously, Germans had never heard of Magaluf.

And considering how out of control Magaluf has become in the past 5 years, I think they're ready for a change.

The truth about Magaluf

Why should the UK stop buying European goods? None of these are my words.

Who said that?

There again why would the UK be restricted to a market of 65 million, as you so often say? Just out of curiosity why would Europe stop buying British products? Is there a plan to ban UK imports post-Brexit? I haven’t heard.

I have said that Eurozone nations are getting worried that they may lose sales to the UK if we do not have access to the single market. If you scroll around the internet, as you are so apt at doing, you will find many references to this. There is no denying the fact that Eurozone exporters are very worried at the prospect of EU bureaucrats selling them out for their own ideological fantasies. Thus their fears.

Regarding Mallorca, you have read my post wrongly. I, or rather Mallorcan businessmen, are not referring to tourism but to the export of goods to the UK. More than two hundred export businesses will be affected. Nothing to do with tourism. Exporters.

la mancha Sep 12th 2016 6:26 pm

Quote from your ‘spectacular’ headline: ‘Britain has become “completely lost” post Brexit and can eventually be expected to “plead” for a deal when it realises the weakness of its position at the negotiating table, senior European Commission officials now believe.’

Senior European Commission officials? Names, anyone? No, I didn’t see any, either.

Another quote from your game-changing headline: ‘The spectacle of Mrs May rebuking David Davis, the Brexit minister, at Prime Minister's Questions for prematurely revealing the government’s hand was taken as further evidence in Brussels that Downing Street does not have a coherent strategy for Brexit, according to one Commission insider.’

What did I say: good cop, bad cop? And some splits within the EU won't do us any harm. It seems senior Commission insiders are just as gullible as some posters on here.

I would like to add another quote from this article.

“Member states aren't on the same page following Brexit, and the Commission clearly sees this space and wants to exploit it for its own ends, to push its agenda,” said Mujtaba Rahman, managing director for Europe at the Eurasia Group risk consultancy. “It's a high risk strategy, and is likely to fail, further alienating Juncker from the member states.”

Lion in Winter Sep 12th 2016 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12050247)
Vexcore allegedly lives nearby. Maybe he could stand as a candidate!

Well at least he wouldn't need a megaphone. There's a savings right there.

Bipat Sep 12th 2016 6:42 pm

Different Telgraph comment.

Six reasons why post-Brexit Britain can be like others that thrive outside the single market