British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Vexcore Sep 11th 2016 11:30 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12049130)
Brexit probably won't happen by 2019, but I'd put money that in 2025, you'll be the one pissing and moaning.

Doubt it,

by 2025? good jesus lol, (May isn't gonna last if she take the piss)

Labour will get in by 2020 lmao.



Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12049134)
Yeah, that's so quaint. So arrogantly British. Like going back in time a few hundred years.


So being British is backwards to a few hundred years? 0_o

(if you love the EU SO MUCH) - Then please ohhh please let a massive Syrian family live with you.

;)

jimenato Sep 11th 2016 11:35 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12049137)
Doubt it,

by 2025? good jesus lol, (May isn't gonna last if she take the piss)

Labour will get in by 2020 lmao.





So being British is backwards to a few hundred years? 0_o

(if you love the EU SO MUCH) - Then please ohhh please let a massive Syrian family live with you.

;)

Ah yes! - because Syrians come from Europe.:starsmile:

amideislas Sep 11th 2016 11:40 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12049137)
Doubt it,

by 2025? good jesus lol, (May isn't gonna last if she take the piss)

Labour will get in by 2020 lmao.


So being British is backwards to a few hundred years? 0_o

(if you love the EU SO MUCH) - Then please ohhh please let a massive Syrian family live with you.

;)

You guys have forgotten that it's 2016, not 1816. Britain is no longer the center of the universe. The world is global, not British. But there's always GMT to cling to I reckon.

We're English my dear. Arrogance is beneath us.

Many of those third world foreigners (like the yanks), think it's quaint. Very stereotypically English. I understand they love the monarchy thing, the queen, etc. The pompousness.. Lovely little island...

amideislas Sep 11th 2016 11:43 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12049140)
Ah yes! - because Syrians come from Europe.:starsmile:

And he doesn't like it when I post the Farage poster :confused:

Vexcore Sep 11th 2016 11:52 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12049140)
Ah yes! - because Syrians come from Europe.:starsmile:

You obviously didn't understand what i meant... lol :lol:



Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12049145)
And he doesn't like it when I post the Farage poster :confused:

Posting pics again of farage speaks volumes he's done (for now)



Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12049143)
You guys have forgotten that it's 2016, not 1816. Britain is no longer the center of the universe. The world is global, not British. But there's always GMT to cling to I reckon.

We're English my dear. Arrogance is beneath us.

Many of those third world foreigners (like the yanks), think it's quaint. Very stereotypically English. I understand they love the monarchy thing, the queen, etc. The pompousness.. Lovely little island...

English? yes, and welsh and Scottish. (BRITISH)


One Union.

Dick Dasterdly Sep 11th 2016 11:53 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12049126)
Bearing in mind the (then proposed) referendum was (obviously) debated prior to it happening & also bearing in mind the referendum has been held & the result counted why does it need to be debated again after the people have spoken & the democratic decision made?

Invoking Article 50: the Law, the Constitution and Politics


The decision to have a referendum to decide the issue was approved by a DEMOCRATICALLY elected UK Parliament by a resounding majority in the order of SIX to ONE !

It is not unreasonable to assume that at least half of those who gave approval were actually Europhiles, in reality probably many more than half, in view of the opinions expressed by MPs at the time.

It was made perfectly clear to all and sundry what the referendum was all about and that the final result would be binding

The fact that Cameron and co immediately packed their bags and did a runner in order to hand the matter over to the victors was even further proof that the legitimacy of the issue had already been decided.


The fact that some deluded remoaners are still questioning the legitimacy of the referendum result says much more about themselves, than the referendum itself. :cool:

amideislas Sep 11th 2016 11:54 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Yeah yeah. Brexit is brexit. The leavers won.

What to do now?

Brexit is brexit? The leavers won? Got anything else?

mfesharne Sep 11th 2016 12:01 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12049151)
The decision to have a referendum to decide the issue was approved by a DEMOCRATICALLY elected UK Parliament by a resounding majority in the order of SIX to ONE !

It is not unreasonable to assume that at least half of those who gave approval were actually Europhiles, in reality probably many more than half, in view of the opinions expressed by MPs at the time.

It was made perfectly clear to all and sundry what the referendum was all about and that the final result would be binding

The fact that Cameron and co immediately packed their bags and did a runner in order to hand the matter over to the victors was even further proof that the legitimacy of the issue had already been decided.


The fact that some deluded remoaners are still questioning the legitimacy of the referendum result says much more about themselves, than the referendum itself. :cool:

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

amideislas Sep 11th 2016 12:02 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12049149)
You obviously didn't understand what i meant... lol

English? yes, and welsh and Scottish. (BRITISH)


One Union.

IIRC, it's a quote from an old movie.

You might get a bit different opinion from the Scots about the "union". In fact, they're talking about leaving. To get away from the 'dictatorship' of Westminster. Sound familiar?

mfesharne Sep 11th 2016 12:02 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12049153)
Yeah yeah. Brexit is brexit. The leavers won.

What to do now?

Brexit is brexit? The leavers won? Got anything else?

We've a majority vote of almost 1.27M to leave so don't need to have anything else. :lol:

paulry Sep 11th 2016 12:03 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
An interesting BBC doco:

Brexit: The Battle for Britain - Four Corners

amideislas Sep 11th 2016 12:04 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
OK. That's what we'll do. Brexit is brexit. Simples.

Oh, wait...

Dick Dasterdly Sep 11th 2016 12:32 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12049160)
IIRC, it's a quote from an old movie.

You might get a bit different opinion from the Scots about the "union". In fact, they're talking about leaving. To get away from the 'dictatorship' of Westminster. Sound familiar?

The stupidity of Nicola knows no bounds, willing to give up democratic rule mainly from her own country and only partly from Westminster in the hope of entering a system whereby she'd have even less influence than the office cat.

Maybe however she is finally beginning to see the light, as already have the majority of Scots, in realising the futility of yet another independence referendum with even less chance of a successful outcome than was the first. :cool:

amideislas Sep 11th 2016 12:37 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12049184)
The stupidity of Nicola knows no bounds, willing to give up democratic rule mainly from her own country and only partly from Westminster in the hope of entering a system whereby she'd have even less influence than the office cat.

Maybe however she is finally beginning to see the light, as already have the majority of Scots, in realising the futility of yet another independence referendum with even less chance of a successful outcome than was the first. :cool:

Dick, like most people, you don't even know what brexit is. And you don't care to know. Scotland has every reason to be concerned about a post-brexit future. They didn't vote for brexit.

I suppose if you don't know and don't care, anything else would look stupid to you. But I hope you can imagine how that makes you look.

Former Lancastrian Sep 11th 2016 12:39 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12049136)
Because it should become apparent to the stupid uneducated thickos that voted for it and their equally brainless deluded leaders that they voted for an obvious farce based on obvious lies that anyone should have seen through, and they should want to have another say.

But as they are still as stupid, thick, brainless, uneducated and deluded as they ever were they probably won't.

(Just seeing if the debating style of the brainless, deluded Brexiteers on here of endlessly spouting nonsensical bollocks will work in the other direction.)

So you just confirmed my suspicions that one third 1/3 of the population of Britain is thick :lol: Says a lot about the country that some of us used to live in and moved away for various reasons. My Canadian co workers know better not to ask me about Brexit as I don't give a rats ass about it nor the people currently living in the UK as they voted on it and the Leave side pulled in more votes than the Remain. I think the surname of the PM is rather appropriate for this thread.

She MAY trigger Article 50
She MAY ignore the result as there is no legal binding reason to do so
She MAY ask for another referendum
She MAY not have a clue what to do
She MAY pass this fiasco onto someone else if a General Election was to happen
She MAY get some sort of deal done to appease both the Leave & Remain crowd
She MAY just wake up one morning saying **** It Ive had enough of this crap Im resigning.


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:21 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.