Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Jan 19th 2018, 3:09 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by la mancha View Post
I think you will find it is the parents who have left their children to fend for themselves, the same parents who will probably claim refuge in the country of their offspring at a later date. A distasteful situation and one that will continue as long as those such as yourself support it. As for helping them to become tax-paying adults in the future, don’t you think we have enough of those, and if we want more we can pick and choose as and when we have the resources for them? The things you people come out with.
Fair point, unless the parents died or are missing in some war-torn village, and the kids were trafficked to France.

Who knows, but compassion should be a consideration. And the UK had previously agreed to accept the 500 before it reneged on the agreement. I guess that's what anyone comtemplating any future deals with the UK has to look forward to.

I thought I would dip my toes in the waters here but don’t you think immigration has been done to death? Everyone has their view and no one will change.
Whether immigration has been done to death or not, but it's an ongoing issue, and ripe for ongoing discussion. Unless you consider that once somethings been discussed, there's no room for further discussion.

Sort of a 'you lost, get over it' argument.....
Old Jan 19th 2018, 3:24 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost View Post
It becomes my problem when they don't police their borders properly and then my tax money has to be invested in protecting Britain from the people they couldn't be arsed to keep out of their country in the first place.

I'll think you'll find it isn't just me who has a problem with France though.
Simple solution : put the border back where it belongs, on your side of the channel. Anyway, with Bojo his bridge they can just walk over and not be a burden to France

Since so many have a problem with France, would you mind picking up all these illegal Brits living here ? You do realize they cannot be part of the French version of the NHS so they make UK doctors appointments here and then just fly into the UK for treatment
Old Jan 19th 2018, 3:48 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
Simple solution : put the border back where it belongs, on your side of the channel.
As I recall, the border was moved principally because your lot couldn't keep things under control. If it weren't for Le Touquet then the situation in Calais would be likely be much worse.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 3:49 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Then why bother voting? I can think of a few decent politicians who are worth supporting, and I'm a Green Party member.
That figures.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 4:09 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

As I recall, the border was moved principally because your lot couldn't keep things under control. If it weren't for Le Touquet then the situation in Calais would be likely be much worse.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juxtaposed_controls

Read and Learn !
Old Jan 19th 2018, 4:13 pm
Preparing to move again

That figures.
It is highly amusing, all these UKIPers who lost their dear Farage, voting for May expecting a positive result ..... What exactly did you expect ?????
Old Jan 19th 2018, 4:36 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

It is highly amusing, all these UKIPers who lost their dear Farage, voting for May expecting a positive result ..... What exactly did you expect ?????

Agreed, and it IS Friday afternoon, so lookout for the 4.55pm Govt. announcement they’ve been a bit shy about releasing this week….
UK Govt. 2018: - Trustworthy as a sack-of-snakes .
Old Jan 19th 2018, 4:50 pm
Preparing to move again

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post

Agreed, and it IS Friday afternoon, so lookout for the 4.55pm Govt. announcement they’ve been a bit shy about releasing this week….
UK Govt. 2018: - Trustworthy as a sack-of-snakes .

Another fun fact : May stuck between the DUP, UKIPers, ultra Brexiteers and those opposing Brexit ..... No wonder she does U turns all the time.
Sometimes I do feel sorry for her, but she did volunteer for the job (I think ?)
Old Jan 19th 2018, 4:52 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Another fun fact : May stuck between the DUP, UKIPers, ultra Brexiteers and those opposing Brexit ..... No wonder she does U turns all the time.
Sometimes I do feel sorry for her, but she did volunteer for the job (I think ?)
She didn't just volunteer for it, she engineered her way into it. She knew that Cameron would call it quits if Remain lost and she was never particularly pro-EU anyway so she quietly supported the Remain campaign and then pounced when Leave won and the inevitable happened.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 4:55 pm
Preparing to move again

She didn't just volunteer for it, she engineered her way into it. She knew that Cameron would call it quits if Remain lost and she was never particularly pro-EU anyway so she quietly supported the Remain campaign and then pounced when Leave won and the inevitable happened.
There is just no answer to these words, just do not know where to start
Old Jan 19th 2018, 5:02 pm
Sidecar Falcon

There is just no answer to these words, just do not know where to start
Volunteering is what people do when there's soup to be served to the homeless or someone needs to wait in for the UPS man. People don't just 'volunteer' to take one of the most powerful political jobs on Earth.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 7:39 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

In which context?

If UK border controls were on the UK side of the channel, the French government would likely more willing to act on their issues.

That figures.
Why does it figure.

Personally, I think the UK could become a leader in renewable energy technology, but the Tory government has done everything it can to hinder solar, wind and wave development in the UK. Partly because they and their friends are so tightly wedded to the traditional energy companies.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 7:54 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

I asked last night that after Asians, EU migrants who after brexit will become the next target.
If DG is anything to go by it is clear that it will be the French.
Some Brits must have a target for there views.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 8:01 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
I asked last night that after Asians, EU migrants who after brexit will become the next target.
If DG is anything to go by it is clear that it will be the French.
Some Brits must have a target for there views.
I wouldn't go by anything DG says.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 8:22 pm
Preparing to move again

Volunteering is what people do when there's soup to be served to the homeless or someone needs to wait in for the UPS man. People don't just 'volunteer' to take one of the most powerful political jobs on Earth.
If it was just that word giving me a problem replying to you, I would have replied. It was just that I have never ever seen so much Fake News in 1 sentence before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.