British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

SultanOfSwing Jan 17th 2018 3:41 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12421027)
You just did! :p

Well, I had a good run.

007Steve Jan 17th 2018 3:43 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Ingles (Post 12420690)
Can somebody please explain ,why so many posters fall for this "Trolls" stupid post's & also REPLY ??????????
:sarcasm:

:goodpost:
Yes, if you notice, when ignored he/she (can’t trust the declared gender either) then plasters this & other threads with multiple gormless statements until someone reacts, which starts the angry exchanges but more critically, diverts the course of the discussions.
Imo he/she is being paid to come into this, (and probably other forums) with the end intention of getting the moderator to close thread/s like this down and so stifle discussion; - you’ll recall that almost happened last month ??????
Also, note the timings and frequency of his/her postings from their claimed location; - imo they doesn’t fit the profile of an expat, rather a paid-by-the-post-Troll.
I agree, the answer is just ignore him and after several hundred more attempts, he/she will shed this ID & then re-appear with a new one.

Garbatellamike Jan 17th 2018 3:47 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12420955)
He's a bald Mick!

You haven't seen him at the weekends ;):sneaky:

la mancha Jan 17th 2018 5:24 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12420342)
Why's that then?

The link was particularly pertinent because it describes a mini-scenario of what might occur in the UK ie that if (or as?) temporary relocation to the UK for short term work becomes a less attractive or an unavailable proposition for EU workers, their former employers have to find a solution.

Contrary to your constant claims that under these circumstances wages must rise, wages on Jersey appear not to be rising.

That is why I posted the link. I'm sure I've explained that at least twice since posting it and on one occasion you said so what? nothing new, migrant workers have always done that work even before the EU. Brexit has nothing to do with that

So which is it - migrant workers will continue to do the work or wages in low paid jobs will rise?


It always suits - it's a nickname from long ago which I've recycled for the purposes of my forum id and relates to my colouring.

I'm not taking the piss out of low paid people or whatever Farage-inspired meme you're trying to propagate here. I have every sympathy with the low paid and have spent a fair bit of my life amongst their number. I'm just dubious that your claims of falling rents and rising wages amongst that sector of the population will be borne out long term (especially as we still have nett migration running at a level you claim is way more than unacceptably high, which would surely be having the effect of raising rents and lowering wages if your previous claims are true?) but if you're going to constantly claim that anecdotal evidence trumps the stats, I don't suppose we'll ever arrive at any sort of reasonable conclusion.

Of course wages on Jersey are not rising today because the problem has only now occurred. Yes, Brexit has nothing to do with it and neither has British workers. If wages don’t rise in Jersey they will not attract workers. In that scenario, what do you think will happen?

Yes, you are taking the piss out of low paid workers and it was below the belt. And here we go: I have sympathy with them because I have spent a part of my life amongst them. Patronising BS, to say the least. This is what you said.

Just wondering when we could look forward to discussing something based on some solid evidence rather than a bit of chit-chat with your Brexiter mates who, in their current euphoric state, believe they're experiencing an economic miracle.

If that isn’t taking the piss then what is? I see no sympathy there, do you?

As for you being dubious with my claims, we go back to what I was saying. People like you sitting in a distant land punching away at a keyboard, like Ami, dismiss my claims when they are not my claims: they are solid evidence, the reality what people are telling me. You don’t know because you get your stuff from the internet and not face to face in the UK. One last time: I am not claiming anything. I am repeating solid evidence what is happening to real-life people as opposed to your fantasy world on the internet from dubious journos and, in Ami’s case, bloggers.

la mancha Jan 17th 2018 5:29 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12420345)
Guardian? People "here"? You mean the ones who worship the daily mail/express? Two of the least credible sources of information in the western world, yet amongst the single most read publications in England?

Only "Remoaners"? That suggests that anyone who doesn't see the (highly elusive) point are discredible. Yet, nobody has been able to illustrate any point other than an ideological philosophy.

Still, it's not exactly a secret. I find interesting that only the English have this particular obsession.

Here's just a couple of more recent analysis. I don't know if they're "Remoaners" or not, but I reckon anyone who might question the wisdom of Brexit is easily considered a traitorous "Remoaner". Take me, for example... I'm not a "Remoaner". In fact, I'm quite convinced that Europe will be better off without an adversary as a member ...with a veto card.

Anyway, here you go. I know you'll ignore it all, or find the sources to be "questionable", but that's the nature of brexitism. If we don't like it, it's bollocks. But for anyone else who's interested..

Brexit is a collective English mental breakdown
English people living on dreams of empire never learned to see others as equals


Brexit is not only an expression of nostalgia for empire, it is also the fruit of empire
Recent policy soundings suggest that the British government wishes to strengthen economic ties with Commonwealth countries in lieu of its fast-deteriorating relationship with its European neighbours. This is an ironic turn of events considering the historical context of Britain’s entry into the EU in 1973. Its membership followed decades of post-war decline and ensuing indecisiveness about whether to jettison its economic dependence on ailing Commonwealth markets, and with it any prospect of a lasting imperial role for Britain, in favour of joining the European Economic Community (EEC). Britain’s imperial nostalgia has long fed its extreme discomfort at its place as, formally, an equal alongside other EU Member States, rather than first among equals, as was its pride of place in the Commonwealth.

The Irish Times and what else, a blog, and because it is written you believe it?! Do you? Do you actually believe what some ass-hole has written on a blog?!

While I am telling you that you are so far out of touch living on your island with what is happening in the UK and the way Brits are now thinking, you post a link to the Irish Times and a blog to tell me I’m wrong and you, you are right because, wait for it, a journo writing for the Irish Times and a blogger has said it is so. And you have the gall to call it an ‘analysis’? I call it BS from those who haven’t got the balls to speak to people direct., like you, and Eric, punching away on your keyboard all day and surfing the internet looking for blogs and links to the Irish Times and the Guardian.

amideislas Jan 17th 2018 5:32 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Apparently, another "impoverished" day. Or "destitute". Or something.

No worries, though, tomorrow, Britain will be "booming" on some news that a handful of small companies are exporting .07% more because of the devalued pound.

By the way, these are just two examples of recent analysis (as promised). It's not as if the empire connection is unheard of. In fact, if you actually take the time to read what they say, rather than spending it finding ways to demonize the source, you might find that it's quite plausible. And again, it is a bit curious that only the English have this unique obsession... Just sayin'.

Oh, and as a final challenge... I bet I've been (and get) around the world at least twice as much as you have/do. No way I'll ever know the truth.. But that's what me thinks. Who's the real inselaffen here?

Lion in Winter Jan 17th 2018 5:37 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12421116)
The Irish Times and what else, a blog, and because it is written you believe it?! Do you? Do you actually believe what some ass-hole has written on a blog?!

While I am telling you that you are so far out of touch living on your island with what is happening in the UK and the way Brits are now thinking, you post a link to the Irish Times and a blog to tell me I’m wrong and you, you are right because, wait for it, a journo writing for the Irish Times and a blogger has said it is so. And you have the gall to call it an ‘analysis’? I call it BS from those who haven’t got the balls to speak to people direct., like you, and Eric, punching away on your keyboard all day and surfing the internet looking for blogs and links to the Irish Times and the Guardian.


Might I just point out that you are talking to a load of Brits on here, some in the UK, some elsewhere, some in both the UK and other places, a very large number of which disagree with your characterization of what it is we are thinking.

Please do not speak for me. Because you don't.

SultanOfSwing Jan 17th 2018 5:38 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12421128)
Might I just point out that you are talking to a load of Brits on here, a very large number of which disagree with your characterization of what it is we are thinking.

Please do not speak for me. Because you don't.

But you don't live there. Don't you know anecdotal evidence is pretty much the same exact thing as absolute proof?

I mean, really.

Lion in Winter Jan 17th 2018 5:44 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12421130)
But you don't live there. Don't you know anecdotal evidence is pretty much the same exact thing as absolute proof?

I mean, really.

Yeah, well, I know he talked to his mates and everything, but here I am saying that I profoundly disagree with almost everything he says on this matter and are my comments treated as anecdotal evidence even? No, they are not. The mind is closed.

SultanOfSwing Jan 17th 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12421140)
Yeah, well, I know he talked to his mates and everything, but here I am saying that I profoundly disagree with almost everything he says on this matter and are my comments treated as anecdotal evidence even? No, they are not. The mind is closed.

Makes you wonder why you even bother getting up in the morning, doesn't it?

Lion in Winter Jan 17th 2018 5:48 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12421144)
Makes you wonder why you even bother getting up in the morning, doesn't it?

Yeah. Might as well go and pick carrots in Lincolnshire.

SultanOfSwing Jan 17th 2018 5:50 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12421146)
Yeah. Might as well go and pick carrots in Lincolnshire.

Indeed.

EMR Jan 17th 2018 6:00 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
98

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12421116)
The Irish Times and what else, a blog, and because it is written you believe it?! Do you? Do you actually believe what some ass-hole has written on a blog?!

While I am telling you that you are so far out of touch living on your island with what is happening in the UK and the way Brits are now thinking, you post a link to the Irish Times and a blog to tell me I’m wrong and you, you are right because, wait for it, a journo writing for the Irish Times and a blogger has said it is so. And you have the gall to call it an ‘analysis’? I call it BS from those who haven’t got the balls to speak to people direct., like you, and Eric, punching away on your keyboard all day and surfing the internet looking for blogs and links to the Irish Times and the Guardian.

Forecasts suggest UK employment numbers will rise in 2018.
That sterling will have a bumpy but also ruse ..
Will you dismiss those along with all the others that you do not agree with.

Garbatellamike Jan 17th 2018 6:01 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
In other news apparantly Dianne Abbot is really concerned about the Carillion thing
Spoiler:
she keeps asking how much is a Carillion and no one will tell her -boom!boom!

Lion in Winter Jan 17th 2018 6:05 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12421164)
In other news apparantly Dianne Abbot is really concerned about the Carillion thing
Spoiler:
she keeps asking how much is a Carillion and no one will tell her -boom!boom!

Don't quit your day job.


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:02 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.