British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

iano Dec 30th 2017 11:15 am

Re: Post EU Referendum

Lord Adonis says the UK is hurtling towards the EU exit door with no credible plan for the future of British trade and European cooperation.

As we’ve been saying for years now.

EMR Dec 30th 2017 11:20 am

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12407384)
Or if Tory rebels and Corbyn’s mob, the SNP etc. vote down the negotiated Brexit deal…

It's called parliamentary democracy.
You could always stand As a UKIP candidate,, of course you would never get elected.

amideislas Dec 30th 2017 11:20 am

Originally Posted by iano (Post 12407450)
Lord Adonis says the UK is hurtling towards the EU exit door with no credible plan for the future of British trade and European cooperation.

Yeah, but he disagrees with the brexiteers, so that makes him a laughable traitor.

Ozziechris Dec 30th 2017 11:21 am

Originally Posted by iano (Post 12407450)

Wow, a rabidly anti Brexit Lord Adonis comes out with a statement like that, certainly caught me off guard. :rofl:

Red Eric Dec 30th 2017 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12407384)
Or if Tory rebels and Corbyn’s mob, the SNP etc. vote down the negotiated Brexit deal…

If the negotiated deal isn't good, or if it could only be supported by a minority of MPs (of the Brexit at any cost variety), wouldn't it be the duty of Parliament to vote it down? After all, the EU needs the deal, apparently ;), so they'd have to polish it up a bit if it was refused by the UK, wouldn't they?:)

Lion in Winter Dec 30th 2017 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12407476)
If the negotiated deal isn't good, or if it could only be supported by a minority of MPs (of the Brexit at any cost variety), wouldn't it be the duty of Parliament to vote it down? After all, the EU needs the deal, apparently ;), so they'd have to polish it up a bit if it was refused by the UK, wouldn't they?:)

Presumably. After all, haven't we been reliably informed that we hold all the cards?

Mallory Dec 30th 2017 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Ozziechris (Post 12406374)
Oh you've met my wife :lol:

Haven't met your wife, but we've met you before, Chris599. How is life in Hereford these days? The boys still liking school? I see you still love the UK and glad you made the move from Brisbane. You still run down Oz and the US. A bit boring really. But welcome back anyway.

Lion in Winter Dec 30th 2017 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Mallory (Post 12407488)
Haven't met your wife, but we've met you before, Chris599. How is life in Hereford these days? The boys still liking school? I see you still love the UK and glad you made the move from Brisbane. You still run down Oz and the US. A bit boring really. But welcome back anyway.

And also at least half of the UK.

Ozziechris Dec 30th 2017 1:06 pm

Herefordshire is still lovely and yes the boys are enjoying 6th Form, how time flies :thumbsup:

Ozziechris Dec 30th 2017 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12407494)

Not at all, very little of the UK disappoints me, mainly inner cities.

amideislas Dec 30th 2017 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12407494)

Just more unsophisticated foreigners. Good job we're leaving them behind, where they belong.

Ozziechris Dec 30th 2017 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12407500)
Just more unsophisticated foreigners. Good job we're leaving them behind, where they belong.

Here here :amen:

Red Eric Dec 30th 2017 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Ozziechris (Post 12407502)

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12407500)

They belong there?

OK then, fair enough. We can agree on something.

Ozziechris Dec 30th 2017 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12407506)
They belong there?

Hang on, where do they belong again, here or there ? I know where here is but where is there ?

Annetje Dec 30th 2017 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Ozziechris (Post 12407502)

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12407506)
They belong there?

Think he says they belong Here here :amen: