British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

EMR Dec 28th 2017 5:22 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12406288)
Great intro, mate, but you are wasting your time on this thread. Brits are continuously rubbished by other Brits on here. It is an attitude that has been politically drubbed into our heads for the past **** years. But we have fought back. The times they are a-changing.

Definition of a REMAINER, some who puts the economy and prosperity of the UK , that is BRITS and all who live on our island.
before , prejudice , ignorance etc.
As for the changes you want , there is as much chance of that happening as there was of the British electorate being stupid enough to elect FARAGE to parliament.

Annetje Dec 28th 2017 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12406290)
No, I believe May will go through with Brexit because she'd be committing political suicide if she didn't.

May's between a rock and a hard place. No matter what she does, she's in trouble, but if she stops Brexit, the Blue-KIP branch of the Tories will never let her forget it.

The only chance she has is hoping Parliament stops her, otherwise she'll see Brexit through then call an election.

Whoever wins the election (and May probably won't be Tory leader by then) will inherit a UK in deep shit.

I'm just very wary of all the attempts to power grabbing that's going on.
I wonder if the Tories fancy a UK without the rules and regulations of the EU.
Small prove of that was, when Bojo declared that the working time directive might change after Brexit.

Ozziechris Dec 28th 2017 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12406259)
I, too, look forward to homelessness and poverty being eliminated in the UK the very second they exit from the EU ...

The Tories prioritizing anyone else but themselves and a handful of rich arselickers. Give me strength :rolleyes:

I don't get it, who has said homelessness and poverty will be eliminated the second we leave the EU ?

Ozziechris Dec 28th 2017 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12406288)
Great intro, mate, but you are wasting your time on this thread. Brits are continuously rubbished by other Brits on here. It is an attitude that has been politically drubbed into our heads for the past **** years. But we have fought back. The times they are a-changing.

Excellent, that's good to hear.

Ozziechris Dec 28th 2017 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12406295)
Here we go again. See what I mean, Ozziechris?

Yes I'm afraid I do. Surely it is only personal opinion that the UK will be 'left in the shit' ? I certainly don't believe that and not do people I know. I know it hard for many in this country but try a bit of positivity perhaps lol

SultanOfSwing Dec 28th 2017 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Ozziechris (Post 12406307)
I don't get it, who has said homelessness and poverty will be eliminated the second we leave the EU ?

That would be a classic example of 'prioritizing it's own citizens', wouldn't it? Serves me right for expecting anything positive from a conservative government, of course ...

**** me, if the likes of you and La Mancha are an example of the future of the UK, I'm glad I left.

Ozziechris Dec 28th 2017 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12406300)
Definition of a REMAINER, some who puts the economy and prosperity of the UK , that is BRITS and all who live on our island.
As for the changes you want , there is as much chance of that happening as there was of the British electorate being stupid enough to elect FARAGE to parliament.

Thats ridiculous, I put those things ahead of prejudice and ignorance but I'm not a remainer.

la mancha Dec 28th 2017 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12406296)
Well, other than satisfying nationalist political ideology, can you identify any tangible benefit to the country?

We haven't left yet, have we?

Ozziechris Dec 28th 2017 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12406313)
That would be a classic example of 'prioritizing it's own citizens', wouldn't it? Serves me right for expecting anything positive from a conservative government, of course ...

**** me, if the likes of you and La Mancha are an example of the future of the UK, I'm glad I left.

Wow, I think I'm glad you left as well lol

SultanOfSwing Dec 28th 2017 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Ozziechris (Post 12406316)
Wow, I think I'm glad you left as well lol

Good comeback, big boy.

Ozziechris Dec 28th 2017 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12406317)
Good comeback, big boy.

Thank you.

la mancha Dec 28th 2017 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12406300)

...and British workers last.

SultanOfSwing Dec 28th 2017 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Ozziechris (Post 12406319)
Thank you.

Nuance isn't your strong point, is it?

Ozziechris Dec 28th 2017 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12406322)
Nuance isn't your strong point, is it?

I don't know, isn't it ?

iano Dec 28th 2017 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12406315)
We haven't left yet, have we?

No. What tangible benefits will there be once we have done so ?

In your humble opinion.