Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Dec 28th 2017, 3:59 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
The British Government (like most Governments) ignore the electorate anyway and I do not believe it is going to focus on immigrants. I do not believe for 1 minute that they get on with Brexit because of the will of the people, they must have a hidden agenda.

You are taking 1 word (colour) and give a negative meaning to it, which was not my intention.

I did say earlier : if they are legally working, law abiding people, I do not see any reason to refuse them. Your 20 million Africans is taking it a bit to the extreme, isn't it ? Mind you, if they all have a pension, pay their taxes and are nice ... You will need to find some more Polish people to build houses for them though .

Maybe I could believe in a ''no borders'' policy, but I am realistic enough to see that it is far too late for that.

Forgot to mention, but I think the UK is very lucky for attracting young healthy workers instead of older pensioners. And if they could get around adjusting the welfare system, I think it is only positive for the UK. This is something the UK has advantage over a lot of other EU countries. Unfortunatly, they did not manage it very well.
I brought your "colour" word up as it inferred I had a problem with the colour of migrants. EMR is currently inferring I have some problem with Jewish migrants. Neither of which have I ever mentioned or considered - the ethnicity or religiosity of migrants is entirely immaterial to my argument.

My 20 million example is purely to show that there is a limit and a rate and a quality of migrant that is beneficial to the host and one which is not.

The UK is fortunate with many of its migrants, and unfortunate with many others. There are precious few negatives with older UK pensioners moving to Spain - they bring money with them, generate jobs and don't cost the Spanish health system one iota, so really a very good-quality migrant for the host, especially a country with plenty of space and low population increase.

Spain 2010 - 46.486 million
Spain 2017 - 46.529 million
An increase of 43,000 people in 7 years.

UK 2010 - 62.759 M
UK 2017 - 66.182 M
An increase of 3,423,000 people in 7 years

We have issues in the UK with persistent population increase and the principle driver of that is high net immigration.

Countries like Germany also experience high net immigration, but their domestic population is dwindling so overall their population is stable.

Germany 1997 - 82.061 M
Germany 2010 - 81.751 M
Germany 2017 - 82.114 M
An increase of 363,000 in 7 years (and 53,000 over 20 years)
For reference, the UK in 1997 was 58.314 M - so whilst Germany has only increased its population by 53,000 in twenty years, the UK's population has increase by 7,868,000 in the same time.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 4:14 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Assanah View Post
If.. what if not? In Germany an Afghan refugee killed a 15 year old girl today because she separated from him. A few weeks ago a 17 year old girl was stabbed several times and thrown into the river by a refugee. A 60 year old woman was stabbed to death by a Polish homeless guy recently. A Rumanian raped and killed a young women this summer. More and more mayors of towns in Germany speak up: they have no control over refugees, dealing drugs, stealing, attacking people. That is the result of only one million immigrants.
There is of course a law system that takes care of offenders if they catch them (jail, on a plane back to where they came from).
I think Mrs Merkel has admitted she did wrong by letting all people in, but now she has to find a solution.
Surely it is not only only refugees that commit crimes.

Refugees are a different category of people, and not the ones we were discussing. We were talking EU people who work in the UK and are no longer welcome.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 4:20 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Your target is : the UK for Brits ! That's how you sound anyway.

My attitude is : the world is for everyone and who cares your colour or where you are born. If the British attitude would be a bit more flexible, the UK wouldn't be in this Brexit mess.

Our targets will never be the same, so let's leave it there.
You are surely fond of numbers.

In my quote I did NOT say you had a problem with coloured people.
I did miss out 1 word : ...and who cares about your (should be one's) colour or where one is born ...
Better ?
Old Dec 28th 2017, 4:31 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

You are surely fond of numbers.

In my quote I did NOT say you had a problem with coloured people.
I did miss out 1 word : ...and who cares about your (should be one's) colour or where one is born ...
Better ?
Perhaps it's just semantics - when you state "your position is UK for the Brits" and then state "who cares your colour" it infers that my position has a basis in colour, which it doesn't. It has a basis in numbers.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 4:50 pm
Preparing to move again

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
Perhaps it's just semantics - when you state "your position is UK for the Brits" and then state "who cares your colour" it infers that my position has a basis in colour, which it doesn't. It has a basis in numbers.
Sorry about the misunderstanding ...
Old Dec 28th 2017, 5:28 pm
Banned

Ozziechris has a reputation beyond reputeOzziechris has a reputation beyond reputeOzziechris has a reputation beyond reputeOzziechris has a reputation beyond reputeOzziechris has a reputation beyond reputeOzziechris has a reputation beyond reputeOzziechris has a reputation beyond reputeOzziechris has a reputation beyond reputeOzziechris has a reputation beyond reputeOzziechris has a reputation beyond reputeOzziechris has a reputation beyond repute

Can I ask a very simple question ? Why is it considered wrong for a country to want to prioritise it's own people ? I don't get that.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 5:30 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozziechris View Post
Can I ask a very simple question ? Why is it considered wrong for a country to want to prioritise it's own people ? I don't get that.
I, too, look forward to homelessness and poverty being eliminated in the UK the very second they exit from the EU ...

The Tories prioritizing anyone else but themselves and a handful of rich arselickers. Give me strength
Old Dec 28th 2017, 5:57 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

I brought your "colour" word up as it inferred I had a problem with the colour of migrants. EMR is currently inferring I have some problem with Jewish migrants. Neither of which have I ever mentioned or considered - the ethnicity or religiosity of migrants is entirely immaterial to my argument.

My 20 million example is purely to show that there is a limit and a rate and a quality of migrant that is beneficial to the host and one which is not.

The UK is fortunate with many of its migrants, and unfortunate with many others. There are precious few negatives with older UK pensioners moving to Spain - they bring money with them, generate jobs and don't cost the Spanish health system one iota, so really a very good-quality migrant for the host, especially a country with plenty of space and low population increase.

Spain 2010 - 46.486 million
Spain 2017 - 46.529 million
An increase of 43,000 people in 7 years.

UK 2010 - 62.759 M
UK 2017 - 66.182 M
An increase of 3,423,000 people in 7 years

We have issues in the UK with persistent population increase and the principle driver of that is high net immigration.

Countries like Germany also experience high net immigration, but their domestic population is dwindling so overall their population is stable.

Germany 1997 - 82.061 M
Germany 2010 - 81.751 M
Germany 2017 - 82.114 M
An increase of 363,000 in 7 years (and 53,000 over 20 years)
For reference, the UK in 1997 was 58.314 M - so whilst Germany has only increased its population by 53,000 in twenty years, the UK's population has increase by 7,868,000 in the same time.
you are not that thick.
You know exactly what I meant by the replacing of immigrant to Jew.
Just the same language those who views deserve no publicity use.
So compared to a country in deep financial recession the UK population has increased.
Well to use a well worn phrase , ITS THE ECONOMY STUPID.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 5:58 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it should.

Unfortunately, Brexit demonstrably is not in the best interests of Britain or it's people. It is solely in the interests of ideology. There is no other "benefit" to it other than satisfying ideological interests. But that's what a significant minority of the voters thought they wanted, so apparently, that's what it will do, regardless of whether it serves the country or its people in any positive way.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 6:00 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

No it doesn,t.
if it did you would make no reference to fecundity, origin etc.
Paint your views anyway you want, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, its a duck.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 6:03 pm
Preparing to move again

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
Well, it should.

Unfortunately, Brexit demonstrably is not in the best interests of Britain or it's people. It is solely in the interests of ideology. There is no other "benefit" to it other than satisfying ideological interests. But that's what a significant minority of the voters thought they wanted, so apparently, that's what it will do, regardless of whether it serves the country or its people in any positive way.
Do you all believe May & Co go through with Brexit because it's ''the will of the people'' ?
Old Dec 28th 2017, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

Great intro, mate, but you are wasting your time on this thread. Brits are continuously rubbished by other Brits on here. It is an attitude that has been politically drubbed into our heads for the past **** years. But we have fought back. The times they are a-changing.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 6:10 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Do you all believe May & Co go through with Brexit because it's ''the will of the people'' ?
No, I believe May will go through with Brexit because she'd be committing political suicide if she didn't.

May's between a rock and a hard place. No matter what she does, she's in trouble, but if she stops Brexit, the Blue-KIP branch of the Tories will never let her forget it.

The only chance she has is hoping Parliament stops her, otherwise she'll see Brexit through then call an election.

Whoever wins the election (and May probably won't be Tory leader by then) will inherit a UK in deep shit.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
No, I believe May will go through with Brexit because she'd be committing political suicide if she didn't.

May's between a rock and a hard place. No matter what she does, she's in trouble, but if she stops Brexit, the Blue-KIP branch of the Tories will never let her forget it.

The only chance she has is hoping Parliament stops her, otherwise she'll see Brexit through then call an election.

Whoever wins the election (and May probably won't be Tory leader by then) will inherit a UK in deep shit.
Here we go again. See what I mean, Ozziechris?
Old Dec 28th 2017, 6:18 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Well, other than satisfying nationalist political ideology, can you identify any tangible benefit to the country?

Last edited by amideislas; Dec 28th 2017 at 6:21 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.