British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Red Eric Dec 16th 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Another bird of the same feather :nod:

Garbatellamike Dec 16th 2017 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12400777)
Another bird of the same feather :nod:

:rofl::rofl: no mirrors in your house then?

Cape Blue Dec 16th 2017 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12400772)
As I was saying....

Thanks for illustrating my point.

Red Eric Dec 16th 2017 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12400790)
:rofl::rofl: no mirrors in your house then?

I'm not the one whingeing about ad hominem attacks every other post - that's Cape Blue. He's had the favour of people pointing out to him that it's his attitude that's causing it.

I only retort in kind - eventually - as you of all people should know :nod:

EMR Dec 16th 2017 7:46 pm

I would not take Cape too seriously he has never had a high opinion of our country.
I found a post of his from 2011 regarding the UK where he describes it as hell hole etc.
If he was ever was a remainer then I am a closet member of UKIP.

Garbatellamike Dec 16th 2017 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12400807)
I'm not the one whingeing about ad hominem attacks every other post - that's Cape Blue. He's had the favour of people pointing out to him that it's his attitude that's causing it.

I only retort in kind - eventually - as you of all people should know :nod:

No, that's not entirely correct as you attack people not their views and are, on occasion, abusive; therefore, to accuse someone else of the same is hypocrisy :nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

That's my point!

Jerseygirl Dec 16th 2017 8:12 pm

Please can we get this thread back on topic...if not I will close it?

:focus:

Garbatellamike Dec 16th 2017 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12400823)

understood - fair point

EMR Dec 16th 2017 8:39 pm

May has apparently agreed a compromise clause to be inserted in the bill, the date of departure could be delayed if negotiations are not finished and agreement not reached . .This avoid a another embarrassing defeat in the house.
The amendment has the support of both remainners and brexiters in the Tory party
.So we are leaving on the 29th March 2019 or maybe we are not.

007Steve Dec 16th 2017 9:05 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12400828)
May has apparently agreed a compromise clause to be inserted in the bill, the date of departure could be delayed if negotiations are not finished and agreement not reached . .This avoid a another embarrassing defeat in the house.
The amendment has the support of both remainners and brexiters in the Tory party
.So we are leaving on the 29th March 2019 or maybe we are not.

.... or put it another way...

Cape Blue Dec 16th 2017 10:05 pm

I see my defence on my ironic post in 2011 is too much for you Jerseygirl, I'll keep to the topic from now on (although I thought TIO was off-topic discussion), but why don't you start removing some of the hate mongering from your friends whilst you're at it.

Annetje Dec 16th 2017 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12400823)

:eek: Imagine, starting all over again ...

Jerseygirl Dec 16th 2017 10:40 pm

Re: Post EU Referendumo

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12400849)
I see my defence on my ironic post in 2011 is too much for you Jerseygirl, I'll keep to the topic from now on (although I thought TIO was off-topic discussion), but why don't you start removing some of the hate mongering from your friends whilst you're at it.

I removed your post as it was made after I had requested that we keep this thread on topic. If you wish to discuss this further...please do so via PM as per Site Rules.

Richard8655 Dec 17th 2017 1:44 am

Just read Tony Blair’s views in the Guardian, and he thinks it’s still possible to stop Brexit if cooler heads prevail and rationality returns. His point - why would we demote ourselves out of a cooperative and effective global power structure and into small country status?

Myself I have no idea why Labour and Corbyn are going along with this fiasco. Is it now party over country for them?

jimenato Dec 17th 2017 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Richard8655 (Post 12400910)
Just read Tony Blair’s views in the Guardian, and he thinks it’s still possible to stop Brexit if cooler heads prevail and rationality returns. His point - why would we demote ourselves out of a cooperative and effective global power structure and into small country status?

Myself I have no idea why Labour and Corbyn are going along with this fiasco. Is it now party over country for them?

Because the turkeys have voted for Christmas - it's the only reason. No-one in their right mind would do it - but we have to.

I think Labour is keeping its head down and waiting until the shitstorm dies down. They can do little else - it's what I would do in their position.