Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Dec 13th 2017, 11:06 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas View Post
They want the UK to remain hence the moniker.

May be you can't read then; because it is not an agreement, it is a joint report - it says so on the first page!

And para 5 even says "Under the caveat that nothing is agreed until everything is agreed, the joint commitment set out below in this joint report shall be reflected in the Withdrawal Agreement in full detail."

How much clearer could it be?
You too need to read the reports in today's press.
Brexit press not happy.
Old Dec 13th 2017, 11:16 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas View Post
They want the UK to remain hence the moniker.

May be you can't read then; because it is not an agreement, it is a joint report - it says so on the first page!

And para 5 even says "Under the caveat that nothing is agreed until everything is agreed, the joint commitment set out below in this joint report shall be reflected in the Withdrawal Agreement in full detail."

How much clearer could it be?
VERY - only a true pillock would not see that that phrase allows for slight adjustments in implementation, so as not to limit the options to achieve the goal. It does NOT allow for any part of the agreement to be set aside.

It is a REPORT of the AGREEMENT that negotiations on the first phase have advanced sufficiently for phase2 to start.

However, it now seems that the text will be edited to clear up your misinterpretation.
Old Dec 13th 2017, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
You really do need to go to Specsavers.
I am pleased that progress is being made unlike the extreme fringe of br3xiters.
You should read the comments regarding the preferential treatment being proposed for EU migrants.
Continuing free movement until we exit.
No restrictions on family reunification.
Post brexit a simple and cheaper restrigation of new entrants.
If that is not preferential then what is.
It concerns those citizens already in the UK when Brexit happens.
The simple registration is for those who register after Brexit but were already in the UK before Brexit.
Old Dec 13th 2017, 11:30 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
It concerns those citizens already in the UK when Brexit happens.
The simple registration is for those who register after Brexit but were already in the UK before Brexit.
No read the latest press reports.
There is the agreement regarding migration during the transition period.
The points that EU migrants will only have to complete a very simple on line form.
That is preferential treatment.
The very thing you and many other brexiters are unhappy with.

Last edited by EMR; Dec 13th 2017 at 11:38 am.
Old Dec 13th 2017, 11:57 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
VERY only a true pillock
Good job you're an expert on that too
Old Dec 13th 2017, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

No read the latest press reports.
There is the agreement regarding migration during the transition period.
The points that EU migrants will only have to complete a very simple on line form.
That is preferential treatment.
The very thing you and many other brexiters are unhappy with.
Yes---Until there is a Withdrawal Agreement--- and until the transition period ends Brexit has not happened.
Obviously there is preferential treatment until Brexit happens.

(That you do not want non-EU migrants to have equal treatment in the future shines through your posts.)
Old Dec 13th 2017, 12:18 pm
EMR
Banned

Yes---Until there is a Withdrawal Agreement--- and until the transition period ends Brexit has not happened.
Obviously there is preferential treatment until Brexit happens.

(That you do not want non-EU migrants to have equal treatment in the future shines through your posts.)
Still have your Specsavers problem.
I did not vote brexit , therefore I am not anti immigration.
You as a Brexiter are in the same bed as those who want to have zero nett migration, all migration.
Our immigration policy , apart from humanitarian needs should be based on the needs of the UK economy and agreements such as EU membership that relate to it.
Old Dec 13th 2017, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Still have your Specsavers problem.
I did not vote brexit , therefore I am not anti immigration.
You as a Brexiter are in the same bed as those who want to have zero nett migration, all migration.
Our immigration policy , apart from humanitarian needs should be based on the needs of the UK economy and agreements such as EU membership that relate to it.
I did not say you were anti-immigration just anti-equality for migrants that apply to come from other than the EU countries.

So you are saying all the Brexiters have exactly the same thoughts on everything including immigration! Clones!
I am fully aware that all Remainers do not think as you do!

So we are agreed immigration should be based on need. (We are leaving EU membership so that will not be a consideration).
Old Dec 13th 2017, 1:07 pm
EMR
Banned

I did not say you were anti-immigration just anti-equality for migrants that apply to come from other than the EU countries.

So you are saying all the Brexiters have exactly the same thoughts on everything including immigration! Clones!

So we are agreed immigration should be based on need. (We are leaving EU membership so that will not be a consideration).
If we had similar practical immigration agreements with non EU countries why would I be against them.
I suspect that any future EU trade agreementS will include concessions on immigration.
Simply because we need them.
Old Dec 13th 2017, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

It is not me who is stupid read your own post startimg this debate.
As the New statesman said this morning regarding the comments coming from Davis and the brexit camp, these people do not realise that those they are negotiating with can understand English.

I am more than happy it is not me who is going on and on about, no agreement until everything is agreed.
We can walk away etc etc
That is the brexit stance.
You do not want any ECJ influence.
You do not want preferential treatment for EU citizens.
You do not want focus on EU trade as opposed to possible, trade deals an an unknown time in the future.

Well get used to it.
Brexit will not be what you thought it will be.
I agree negotiations are not complete, but it seems (a) ECJ will have some role going forward for a while , and ALWAYS British business if they wish to export to Europe will have to follow certain regulations (b) there will be some accommodation for EU citizens in Britain and going forward (c) there doesn't appear at reason to believe Brexit will result in a flood of money for the NHS instead there is a divorce bill to pay (d) a few million British citizens in Europe most likely will suffer some negative consequences to all this (e) overall immigration probably wont be cut much. (f) there is no rational reason or indication new trade deals will deliver so much export growth to overcome any declines over time from reduced access to EU market. (g) reduced opportunities for young people who can now live, work and study across Europe fairly easily.

It came to mind that maybe those who support Brexit should be the first to demand a new referendum to specifically require the government to do what they voted for- a Brexit that meets the objectives of what Brexit was supposed to deliver.

I am still curious what ECJ decisions justify the turmoil and cost of Brexit ?
Old Dec 13th 2017, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

The preferences in place for EU migrants simply part of an overall arrangement giving similar preferences for British citizens in the EU, and UK having access to European markets. Immigrants should be allowed in if they have skills needed and will benefit the country overall. Whatever is in UK interest should be the deciding factor.
Old Dec 13th 2017, 1:18 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

This deal is looking like a BINO.
Brexit In Name Only.

lol
Old Dec 13th 2017, 1:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If we had similar practical immigration agreements with non EU countries why would I be against them.
I suspect that any future EU trade agreementS will include concessions on immigration.
Simply because we need them.
EU migrants will still come to the UK if their applications are successful why would they not? All would be migrants will have the same consideration.

If those from the EU countries have particular needed skills they will be admitted, because of the particular skill--not because they are from EU countries.
Old Dec 13th 2017, 1:24 pm
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by Vexcore View Post
This deal is looking like a BINO.
Brexit In Name Only.

lol
Sorry about that but welcome to the real world.
Old Dec 13th 2017, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by morpeth View Post
I agree negotiations are not complete, but it seems (a) ECJ will have some role going forward for a while , and ALWAYS British business if they wish to export to Europe will have to follow certain regulations (b) there will be some accommodation for EU citizens in Britain and going forward (c) there doesn't appear at reason to believe Brexit will result in a flood of money for the NHS instead there is a divorce bill to pay (d) a few million British citizens in Europe most likely will suffer some negative consequences to all this (e) overall immigration probably wont be cut much. (f) there is no rational reason or indication new trade deals will deliver so much export growth to overcome any declines over time from reduced access to EU market. (g) reduced opportunities for young people who can now live, work and study across Europe fairly easily.

It came to mind that maybe those who support Brexit should be the first to demand a new referendum to specifically require the government to do what they voted for- a Brexit that meets the objectives of what Brexit was supposed to deliver.

I am still curious what ECJ decisions justify the turmoil and cost of Brexit ?
It has been stated many times that the increased power of the ECJ is not the only reason for leaving membership of the EU.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.