Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Nov 25th 2017, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
While the UK and India may or may not be involved in talks that may or may not eventually result in a trade agreement , countries who do not care about such issues will continue to out sell the UK and increase their trade not just with India but across the world.
It's omly the moronic pro brexit mindset fringe who expect migrants to see themselves as totally British .
Well our memories differ about dual loyalties. At the time we were discussing the dual nationality of some non-EU migrants, my post search only goes back to July.

They are involved in unofficial talks. Unless you disbelieve the speeches of Ministers of external affairs and commerce etc.

Are you in Siberia or North Korea??
Old Nov 25th 2017, 2:03 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Well our memories differ about dual loyalties. At the time we were discussing the dual nationality of some non-EU migrants, my post search only goes back to July.

Mine seems to be working OK :
If they were holders of UK passports origin was irrelevant.
I do not believe in dual nationality, if the UK is your home then you should give up the other.
Make a choice, decide who you want to be and accept the restrictions that decision may result in.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 3:27 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

They are involved in unofficial talks. Unless you disbelieve the speeches of Ministers of external affairs and commerce etc.

Are you in Siberia or North Korea??
While our brexit ministers p about in unofficial and official talks our European competitors and others are outselling the UK.
Little will change when all the talks are resolved.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 3:35 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

EMR not for the first time your memory is short---our extensive discussions were nothing to do with food etc. I pointed out that first generation migrants would have dual loyalties etc. You argued that they didn't/shouldn't. I will find the posts!!
Are you enjoying the "Far East"--where are you?
I may be thousands of miles away , but did not leave my sense of humour at Heathrow.
You take too many posts, too literally.

I do think that if you are born in the UK and do not want to return to the homeland of your parents then you are British with all that implies, good or bad.
There is no compulsion on anyone not born of permanent residents in the UK to become British.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

I may be thousands of miles away , but did not leave my sense of humour at Heathrow.
You take too many posts, too literally.

I do think that if you are born in the UK and do not want to return to the homeland of your parents then you are British with all that implies, good or bad.
There is no compulsion on anyone not born of permanent residents in the UK to become British.
Just interested as you raised the subject to know where you are!!

The entire point regarding expats/migrants is that when they come to the UK they are not certain if they will stay/if they will return home/ how long they will stay/or come back again. If they can afford to go back etc.
A passport can be renounced and original nationality retrieved by most. (I have read difficult for those from Japan.)
They all have different circumstances just like UK/EU expats/migrants, why do you think non-EU are different?

Last edited by Bipat; Nov 25th 2017 at 4:16 pm.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

While our brexit ministers p about in unofficial and official talks our European competitors and others are outselling the UK.
Little will change when all the talks are resolved.
Official talks cannot take place until Brexit actually happens. (Canada has said it will be ready immediately on Brexit).
Obviously the EU will take advantage of this to get deals done first, Chancellor Merkel in particular has been talking of making moves towards China and India. (I have mentioned frequently about the failed delegations this year)!
Old Nov 25th 2017, 6:50 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Official talks cannot take place until Brexit actually happens. (Canada has said it will be ready immediately on Brexit).
Careful now. That sounds dangerously like only a suggestion to me.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

So what can the Brits offer Canada?

Cheese, Walkers Crisps, Robinsons Squash, Builders Tea, Curly Wurly's, Chav's
Branston Pickle, am I missing others?
Old Nov 25th 2017, 7:37 pm
Who - me?

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
...am I missing others?
Old Nov 25th 2017, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of that in our Walmart stores

Will the Brits buy our Tim Hortons coffee in larger quantities than you do now, we can also offer Poutine, Beaver Tails, Digby Scallops, Lobster, Maple Syrup, Crown Royal Rye Whisky, and we have lots of mining expertise.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 8:43 pm
Who - me?

...and we have lots of mining expertise.
Could come in handy for those of a nostalgic disposition.

Do you do anything moosey?
Old Nov 25th 2017, 11:50 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Will the Brits buy our Tim Hortons coffee in larger quantities than you do now.
As Timmies now has 2 shops in Glasgow and 1 on Cardiff, with more to open over the next few months, Tummies selling more to Brits is a given.
Old Nov 26th 2017, 1:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Could come in handy for those of a nostalgic disposition.

Do you do anything moosey?
Actually moose burgers and steaks are very tasty or some moose jerky. A moose hat with antlers would always be a laugh at the office party especially if worn by a female where you might get away with saying "Nice Rack Love"
Old Nov 26th 2017, 8:07 am
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Now the fat's in the fire...
Brexit: Ireland 'to play tough' over talks - commissioner - BBC News
Trade talks by Christmas........ Remind me, how long did 'the troubles & peace process' last??? OK Arlene dear, time for your speech, screaming NEVER! NEVER!! NEVER!!!
Old Nov 26th 2017, 8:15 am
Who - me?

A moose hat with antlers would always be a laugh at the office party especially if worn by a female where you might get away with saying "Nice Rack Love"
You'd have to be careful who you said it to. A lot of them get a bit touchy about being called "Love".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.