British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Bipat Nov 18th 2017 9:47 am

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12384737)
It's the Cathedral countries who provide most of the current UK export business whilst the world of temples and mosques lags far behind.

I said the future EMR! (They are certainly not far behind even now), one Mosque country seems to own a lot of London property (above post)!

EMR Nov 18th 2017 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12384742)
I said the future EMR! (They are certainly not far behind even now), one Mosque country seems to own a lot of London property (above post)!

Maybe in the future we can catch up with the Germans in the markets where we lag behind.
We would have to rebuild our manufacturing capacity to do that.
Is that the brexit future you envisage .

Assanah Nov 18th 2017 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12384742)

Dear Bipat, it is repetitive I know but since you seem to ignore everything that doesn't fit your narrow-minded view of the countries with cathedrals I say it again: there is a country with lots of cathedrals that is a enthusiastic member of the EU and is also trading globally on a massive scale. In other words ( in many times repeated words) there is nothing that prevents the UK from doing the same. There is not one reason why you have to ditch your close relationship to your neighbours and kindred cultures to engage with the world and to participate in economic and cultural growth of the wider world. There is also nothing that points to Europe being the past. It is still very much creative, daring and inventive. One of these things is the development of the EU a massive peace process that allowed the sick man of Europe to join and to develop towards the future. I would suggest that India might take a deeper look maybe one day even India will be able to live in peace and friendship with it's neighbors. That's the only future worth creating

Cape Blue Nov 18th 2017 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12384703)
I find you New Wave mongrels an odd lot. Easily led, too.

Mind you, you all had fairly obvious tendencies. It's not exactly a surprise.

New Wave mongrels? Sounds a bit bigoted.

I was/am a remain voter.

Cape Blue Nov 18th 2017 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 12384722)
It's not the mirror image at all. The Brexit loons are hankering after a semi-public Imperialistic Britain of the mid 20th century, and completely disregarding the interdependencies and political settlements we have now achieved. They are hell bent on the nostalgia of thriving Cornish fishing villages, disregarding the modern Silicon villages in the centre of London. Much has been achieved through EU membership over the past 40 years, most of which is under the bonnet reforms and agreements. The difference with "remaniacs" is that we are not peddling an out of date nostalgia or ill conceived economic nirvana, we simply want to stick with a well functioning system. One in which Britain was a major architect. Why tear down the cathedral?

The only people I've ever heard harking back to imperialist Britain are remainiacs - it's there second favourite repost after their strange focus on bum-wiping.

I agree, the EU has had a lot of positive benefits, the Brexit loons (the extreme fringe of the brexit vote) can never see anything positive about the EU. Similarly the remainer loons, the remainiacs, can also see nothing positive about leaving the EU - they are the mirror image extremists who refuse to try and look at things in a balanced way and instead spend their whole time foaming at the mouth.

Cape Blue Nov 18th 2017 11:15 am

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12384731)
New Wave mongrels?:blink:

I've got a picture in my head of Cape Blue and his ilk - it's a bit like this...

http://www.original-political-cartoo...op_upscale.jpg

Just the usual remainiac hate - I imagine UKIP Brexit loons posted similar ad-hominem photos in the past, you are in interesting company.

EMR Nov 18th 2017 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12384760)
The only people I've ever heard harking back to imperialist Britain are remainiacs - it's there second favourite repost after their strange focus on bum-wiping.

I agree, the EU has had a lot of positive benefits, the Brexit loons (the extreme fringe of the brexit vote) can never see anything positive about the EU. Similarly the remainer loons, the remainiacs, can also see nothing positive about leaving the EU - they are the mirror image extremists who refuse to try and look at things in a balanced way and instead spend their whole time foaming at the mouth.

Fecund migrants, imported cheap labour is viewing your fellow inhabitants of the UK in a balanced way is it.

Cape Blue Nov 18th 2017 11:37 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12384762)
Fecund migrants, imported cheap labour is viewing your fellow inhabitants of the UK in a balanced way is it.

Immigrants are more fecund that Brits - it's purely a descriptive term that shows why they now have 28% of all kids born in the UK and it's subsequent impact on housing.

High net immigration can do little but suppress wages and is often used in sectors such as agriculture as cheap labour.

Both are entirely balanced positions, I am not lambasting immigrants for their fecundity nor their propensity to work for low wages, I am lambasting the system that permits it.

007Steve Nov 18th 2017 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12384572)
I pop back in occasionally, mostly because I find these remainiacs a strange and interesting breed.

I wasn't much interested in the swivel-eyed-loon type of brexiter before the referendum, they were clearly somewhat deranged in their unremitting hate of the EU, but I find their mirror image in these remainiacs and their deranged hate of Brexit quite amusing.

... Not amusing, barely concealed contempt & gloating.
The distinction is that people like you play with others lives & their kids futures, like a hedge fund manager's stocks & share portfolio. Off shore of course.

jimenato Nov 18th 2017 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12384761)
Just the usual remainiac hate - I imagine UKIP Brexit loons posted similar ad-hominem photos in the past, you are in interesting company.

I don't usually lower myself in that way - it was a reaction to your continual, childish and totally unjustified use of remoaner and remainiac.

EMR Nov 18th 2017 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12384765)
Immigrants are more fecund that Brits - it's purely a descriptive term that shows why they now have 28% of all kids born in the UK and it's subsequent impact on housing.

High net immigration can do little but suppress wages and is often used in sectors such as agriculture as cheap labour.

Both are entirely balanced positions, I am not lambasting immigrants for their fecundity nor their propensity to work for low wages, I am lambasting the system that permits it.

We all know what you are against.

Red Eric Nov 18th 2017 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12384756)
New Wave mongrels? Sounds a bit bigoted.

So does referring to people discussing Brexit as remainiacs and a strange breed.

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12384761)

I don't know why you keep snarling at UKIP - you sound just like a Kipper at times. Economics, social welfare, immigration - everything you say seems to fit in nicely.

EMR Nov 18th 2017 4:59 pm

Some much for building bridges when we leave the EU.
The Sun," Irish PM should Shut his Gob."
Murdoch's sticky fingers again?.

Bipat Nov 18th 2017 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Assanah (Post 12384752)
Dear Bipat, it is repetitive I know but since you seem to ignore everything that doesn't fit your narrow-minded view of the countries with cathedrals I say it again: there is a country with lots of cathedrals that is a enthusiastic member of the EU and is also trading globally on a massive scale. In other words ( in many times repeated words) there is nothing that prevents the UK from doing the same. There is not one reason why you have to ditch your close relationship to your neighbours and kindred cultures to engage with the world and to participate in economic and cultural growth of the wider world. There is also nothing that points to Europe being the past. It is still very much creative, daring and inventive. One of these things is the development of the EU a massive peace process that allowed the sick man of Europe to join and to develop towards the future. I would suggest that India might take a deeper look maybe one day even India will be able to live in peace and friendship with it's neighbors. That's the only future worth creating

DearAssanah, it is repetative to remind you of some facts about the non-Eu country you brought yourself to mention, it has many neighbours, all with good friendship except one, from which terrorists go there and around the world including Eu countries. Did you not read the reports of agreement reached this week with the French minster??

Cape Blue Nov 18th 2017 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by 007Steve (Post 12384770)
... Not amusing, barely concealed contempt & gloating.
The distinction is that people like you play with others lives & their kids futures, like a hedge fund manager's stocks & share portfolio. Off shore of course.

Certainly contempt - I had the same reaction to the extreme brexiters before the referendum, but not gloating - how can I gloat when I am a remain voter?

"People like you play with others lives and their kids futures" - you mean some people voted differently than you and you now have a petulant fit about it?