Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Nov 16th 2017, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Dear god why on earth does anyone care

Poles, Chinese, Indians - wtf difference does it make to anyone who comes to work in which country.

Why don't we focus on real issues like climate change, hunger, and war?
Agree with you but the title of the thread is Post EU Referendum!
Old Nov 16th 2017, 8:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
Are all of the 400,000 increase born in the UK.
Obviously the vast majority are migrants which the anti migrant faction in Brexit latched on to .
Not my figures or description but those used by the UK population census.
Some figures of those born outside of the UK so therefore migrants. T

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ity/august2016

Those of foreign ethnicity and born in the UK are not migrants.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 8:52 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
I think maybe you may be engaged in something similar to teaching a cat to tie its shoes.
I've had a couple that could untie mine, so I reckon I'm in with a shout.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 8:57 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Some figures of those born outside of the UK so therefore migrants. T

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ity/august2016

Those of foreign ethnicity and born in the UK are not migrants.
I did not say they were, just that the majority of the increase from 1.1 to 1.4 million were migrants.
As are all off those who have arrived in the UK year on year.
Not my figures but the UK census.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 8:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It isn't just Bipat - the entire discussion and most of the brexit campaign has been dominated by the questions of nationality, "race", religion, ethnicity, etc etc etc.

Talk about Nero fiddling.
I just answer posts as I have said, but obviously have an interest in a non-EU country and try to correct misinformation on that.

I would prefer to discuss the Lisbon Treaty but who has bl**dy read it?
Old Nov 16th 2017, 9:04 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

I just answer posts as I have said, but obviously have an interest in a non-EU country and try to correct misinformation on that.

I would prefer to discuss the Lisbon Treaty but who has bl**dy read it?
NOT 99% off those who voted brexit or remain.
It was not a factor in the debate.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 9:45 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
The ECJ can only become involved in certain particular disputes as things stand at the moment.
And only after national courts have considered the case already, in most cases.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 9:56 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Dear god why on earth does anyone care

Poles, Chinese, Indians - wtf difference does it make to anyone who comes to work in which country.

Why don't we focus on real issues like climate change, hunger, and war?
Agree with you but the title of the thread is Post EU Referendum!
OK then, here's a question for you.

Do you reckon the UK could do more all on its own to address those issues or as a member of a group of nations united in their efforts and agreed on the best ways of doing so?
Old Nov 16th 2017, 10:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
OK then, here's a question for you.

Do you reckon the UK could do more all on its own to address those issues or as a member of a group of nations united in their efforts and agreed on the best ways of doing so?
A group of nations will do more but I do not think the UK being a member of the EU or not will make any difference. There are other groups Commonwealth for one example.

As you said "agreed on the best ways of doing so"---actually doing--not just discussion and plans.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 10:38 pm
EMR
Banned

A group of nations will do more but I do not think the UK being a member of the EU or not will make any difference. There are other groups Commonwealth for one example.

As you said "agreed on the best ways of doing so"---actually doing--not just discussion and plans.
The Commonwealth is not a group of trading nations.
Many if not all belong to regional trade groups where they will and do benefit more than limited trading with a country thousands of miles away.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 10:55 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Countries beginning with the letter A is also a group of countries.
They don't form a trading group we can join though.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 11:02 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the ''funny'' ''ironic'' ''sarcastic'' whatever side of DD .....

Do NOT put politics above prosperity

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...e_iOSApp_Other
Old Nov 16th 2017, 11:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
The Commonwealth is not a group of trading nations.
Many if not all belong to regional trade groups where they will and do benefit more than limited trading with a country thousands of miles away.
Did you actually read Red Eric's post that I answered??

The word "trade" was not mentioned. The words were "climate change, hunger and war", and a group of nations doing something about it. The Commonwealth fits that description.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 11:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
Countries beginning with the letter A is also a group of countries.
They don't form a trading group we can join though.
The question did not mention trade. It was about climate change, hunger and war and action against these.

The narrow view of the world by some Remainers is incredible.
Old Nov 17th 2017, 12:07 am
EMR
Banned

The question did not mention trade. It was about climate change, hunger and war and action against these.

The narrow view of the world by some Remainers is incredible.
Regarding the Comonwealth as a group of nations with any gobal influence , with much in common other than a historical link is narrow minded and living in the past.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.