British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

SultanOfSwing Nov 16th 2017 5:46 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12383656)
... or should I say (gotten?) ...

No you bloody well shouldn't.

macliam Nov 16th 2017 5:49 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12383654)
You can't be too down-to-earth. Then the proles start getting ideas above their stations.

Not that we'll have stations anymore. Efficient, well-run public transport is an EU disease and must be eradicated.

Another EU directive that was never implemented in the UK!:lol:

macliam Nov 16th 2017 5:50 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12383657)
No you bloody well shouldn't.

Careful now.......

EMR Nov 16th 2017 5:51 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12383566)
Free movement from there ended in 1962, so it is an aging population to some extent and therefore far less dependent relatives. Much of the bulge was for post war NHS, bus driver, factory jobs etc.*
There is no system to bring in friends!
Polish origin people are of equal number now.
Chinese have the greatest number of students.


*Many came because they wanted to see what the home of British people was like--they got a nasty shock when they found out all the people were not wealthy and wonderful like those that ruled them but they made the best of it and stayed.

Wrong again Bipat.
In 2001 there were just over 1million of Indian ethnicity in the UK.
In 2011 the figure was over 1,4 million. ( UK census )
A rise of 40%.
Would you like to reconsider your post.
Certainly not an ageing population.
Perhaps an incredibly fertile one.
In reality as in recent years the single largest group of non EU migrants coming to the UK annually.
Little evidence of bias and restrictions.

SultanOfSwing Nov 16th 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by macliam (Post 12383659)
Another EU directive that was never implemented in the UK!:lol:

Imagine trains running on time. Disgusting idea.


Originally Posted by macliam (Post 12383661)
Careful now.......

:D

Lion in Winter Nov 16th 2017 5:55 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12383656)
OK, apologies I have got or should I say (gotten?) used to being shouted down about any brexit view I put forward, whether migrants from non-EU countries, the ECJ etc. etc.
I think some (EMR etc.) believe it is my personal fault that Brexit is happening.:lol::lol:

Well it would be your fault of course, except it's not actually happening :lol:

I daresay it will eventually, legally speaking even if not operationally. Unless someone else pops us back in again.

Brexit: Goldman Sachs chief Lloyd Blankfein suggests second vote - BBC News

Bipat Nov 16th 2017 5:56 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12383645)
Your link is not from an unbiased source but from Vote leave.
The failure to deport criminals in high profile cases has often been down to a failure by the British judicial system.
ECJ laws protect all Brits living in the EU.
But you have voted to take that away from them.
There is nothing to stop the UK now passing laws to remove the protection provided by the ECK.
Again you have voted to take that away from us and you.

Our obligations to NATO are covered by a treaty.
WTO rules apply in international trade and are lauded by Brexiters.

Martin Howe QC---the link just explains the law, he provides cases to illustrate.
Are you saying your knowledge of EU law is greater than his? (Oh probably yes:lol:)
His Brexit views do not matter the law is as it is!

How is the failure to deport foreign criminals with EU connection the fault of the British system?

How am I personally protected by the ECJ? If I am in another country I expect to be dealt with by their laws.

DaveLovesDee Nov 16th 2017 5:58 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12383640)
I have seen raised the inability to deport foreign criminals bcause of ECJ rulings.
NATO and WTO 'law' is not supreme over British national law as is EU law.

The ECJ and the primacy of EU Law over national laws

The UK Supreme Court Supreme court rules UK system for deporting foreign criminals unlawful

The Home Office would often refuse the deported person entry for the appeal, as well. Of course, it's easier to blame the EU.

EMR Nov 16th 2017 6:01 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12383670)
Martin Howe QC---the link just explains the law, he provides cases to illustrate.
Are you saying your knowledge of EU law is greater than his? (Oh probably yes:lol:)
His Brexit views do not matter the law is as it is!

How is the failure to deport foreign criminals with EU connection the fault of the British system?

How am I personally protected by the ECJ? If I am in another country I expect to be dealt with by their laws.

EU criminals are deported .
The lawyers behind the link are pro brexit so would seek to interpret the legislation to suit their views.
That is What lawyers do.
Have you never had any contact with the legal profession.

SultanOfSwing Nov 16th 2017 6:01 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12383672)
Of course, it's easier to blame the EU.

Isn't that why we joined in the first place :confused:

Lion in Winter Nov 16th 2017 6:07 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12383675)
Isn't that why we joined in the first place :confused:

Absolutely.



SultanOfSwing Nov 16th 2017 6:15 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12383685)

What a great show that was.

Bipat Nov 16th 2017 6:16 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12383663)
Wrong again Bipat.
In 2001 there were just over 1million of Indian ethnicity in the UK.
In 2011 the figure was over 1,4 million. ( UK census )
A rise of 40%.
Would you like to reconsider your post.
Certainly not an ageing population.
Perhaps an incredibly fertile one.
In reality as in recent years the single largest group of non EU migrants coming to the UK annually.
Little evidence of bias and restrictions.

It has been illustrated on this thread many times that those of Indian and Polish birth are of equal numbers.

Those that came in the time of free movement are now in aging or dead. They had children yes but they are British born and not migrants.

Not incredibly fertile-- three children will obviously increase the percentage number of ethnic origin.

You are mixing ethnicity and migrant numbers.

Yes the largest group non-EU of migrants coming are from that country (they do have links you know!!), Chinese are the largest group of students.

You well know that if there is not free movement then there are restrictions just as for any non-EU migrant.

Lion in Winter Nov 16th 2017 6:16 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12383690)
What a great show that was.


And I think very, very close to the truth.

Bipat Nov 16th 2017 6:19 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12383674)
EU criminals are deported .
The lawyers behind the link are pro brexit so would seek to interpret the legislation to suit their views.
That is What lawyers do.
Have you never had any contact with the legal profession.

Not all are deported.

I presume the case illustrations were imagined??

Yes I have contact with the legal profession!:lol:


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:13 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.