British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Red Eric Sep 1st 2016 8:08 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Not forgetting the news outlets' contribution on 2 fronts of course - the magnified coverage of the Leave campaign combined with the magnified mock outrage at anything the Remain campaign said that was unverifiable.

3 fronts, actually, seeing as they were predisposed towards lying about the actual Remain claims anyway.

Red Eric Sep 1st 2016 8:14 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12041430)
Oh dear poor Nicola, after all that anger and frothing at the mouth.....:lol:

Perhaps you could find a link to a video or a sound clip of Nicola Sturgeon looking or sounding even the remotest bit agitated to back that up.

la mancha Sep 1st 2016 8:56 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12041421)
Hardly - I'm not having panic attacks and having to announce that I'm going out for a breather.

I admit I thought the "the" was a homage to Trump. Most Brexiters seem to be creaming their pants about the prospect of him as President and it wouldn't have surprised me in the least to find you're an admirer now you're out of the closet about your admiration for that type of political campaigning. And Farage is now advising him.

Trump doesn’t interest me. I haven’t posted one comment on the Trump thread so once again you are barking up the wrong tree with your assumptions. As for that type of political campaigning, I don’t understand your inference. Are you suggesting that every political campaign you do not agree with I admire? I admired the Banks/Farage Leave media campaign as a media marketing piece. I don’t know anything about Trump or his campaign, nor do I care. As for Farage advising Trump, again, I don’t care. Who does?

And as for your closet jibe, I was never in, was I?

I do not do panic attacks. I just had some things to do and while about it attune my head to the real world after reading the nonsense you had posted.

la mancha Sep 1st 2016 9:05 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Wintersong (Post 12041484)
They ran it primarily by stoking the public's fears.

Seeing their success, remain tried to emulate that, but unfortunately they set their IQ bar too high.

Remain actually started the campaign first, by stoking the public’s fears. It was Leave who emulated Remain. Remain started too early. They educated the people. That was a big mistake. By the time Remain recognised what they had done it was too late.

Dick Dasterdly Sep 1st 2016 11:26 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Cameron knew that his only hope was a swift dash to the poles.

He realised that the longer it ran, the more the electorate would be wised up to what a truly rotten can of worms the EU really is.

If the vote had been delayed to next year it would have been an easier victory for Leave.

If the Referendum was rerun now it would be an easy victory for Leave. :nod:

TGA Sep 2nd 2016 4:46 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploa...ther-Drugs.gif

remoaners move on FFS

DaveLovesDee Sep 2nd 2016 6:11 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12041812)

Awesome, so sweet, Brexshi*ter.

jimenato Sep 2nd 2016 6:50 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Question to Brexiteers - given that we have no idea at the moment what the outcome of all this will be, what would you consider to be a bad outcome - or are all outcomes (provided we actually leave the EU) good?

Red Eric Sep 2nd 2016 7:10 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12041704)
Cameron knew that his only hope was a swift dash to the poles.

Then why did he only get as far as Brussels :confused:

mfesharne Sep 2nd 2016 7:36 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12041850)
Question to Brexiteers - given that we have no idea at the moment what the outcome of all this will be, what would you consider to be a bad outcome - or are all outcomes (provided we actually leave the EU) good?

We've already been through this (more than once) but IMO the immediate outcome of in/out was decided when the referendum was counted.

The question was in or out of the EU and the majority voted out.

If you mean when would we expect A50 to be triggered? I'd like it to be sooner rather than later & the 2 year limit strictly adhered to but I'm sure even some that voted out might disagree.

If you mean what Brexit deal? - That's a lot more complicated but for me the most important single thing is that the UK becomes independent from the EU and it's unelected leaders such as Junkers & his mob.

I want the UK to be free to make it's own laws & standards etc in a democratic manner & without interference from any 3rd party or having to concede any powers or decision making etc to the EU or anyone else.

What those new laws & standards etc might be will be a matter of democratic debate & are numerous but just some of the things I'd expect to be debated fairly soon after Brexit (not necessarily in this order) would be things like immigration/border controls, security, asylum, law & order (including issues such as the HRA as it currently stands) & of course international trade deals etc.

Assuming the democratic decision made during the referendum is adhered to, what would you the other remainers like to see happen in the post Brexit UK?

jimenato Sep 2nd 2016 7:50 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12041865)
We've already been through this (more than once) but IMO the immediate outcome of in/out was decided when the referendum was counted.

The question was in or out of the EU and the majority voted out.

If you mean when would we expect A50 to be triggered? I'd like it to be sooner rather than later & the 2 year limit strictly adhered to but I'm sure even some that voted out might disagree.

If you mean what Brexit deal? - That's a lot more complicated but for me the most important single thing is that the UK becomes independent from the EU and it's unelected leaders such as Junkers & his mob.

I want the UK to be free to make it's own laws & standards etc in a democratic manner & without interference from any 3rd party or having to concede any powers or decision making etc to the EU or anyone else.

What those new laws & standards etc might be will be a matter of democratic debate & are numerous but just some of the things I'd expect to be debated fairly soon after Brexit (not necessarily in this order) would be things like immigration/border controls, security, asylum, law & order (including issues such as the HRA as it currently stands) & of course international trade deals etc.

Assuming the democratic decision made during the referendum is adhered to, what would you the other remainers like to see happen in the post Brexit UK?

So if, for instance, the decision is made that membership of the single market is sacrosanct and we therefore have to pay into the EU coffers, allow freedom of movement of EU citizens and adhere to EU law but we are not an EU member will that be a satisfactory outcome?

jimenato Sep 2nd 2016 7:53 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12041855)
Then why did he only get as far as Brussels :confused:

D'you think he meant poles or Poles?:confused:

Red Eric Sep 2nd 2016 8:10 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Oh - I hadn't though of that. Perhaps he did mean Poles, although what use they'd be in a referendum I don't know, as they're not eligible to vote.

They do a nice line in sausages, though and I understand they're quite nifty and very cheap when it comes to plumbing, either of which could be handy in a crisis.

Dick Dasterdly Sep 2nd 2016 8:41 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12041870)
So if, for instance, the decision is made that membership of the single market is sacrosanct and we therefore have to pay into the EU coffers, allow freedom of movement of EU citizens and adhere to EU law but we are not an EU member will that be a satisfactory outcome?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dick Dasterdly Sep 2nd 2016 8:41 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Scots against independence and another vote, poll reveals | News | The Times & The Sunday Times


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:29 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.