British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Annetje Nov 13th 2017 5:41 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12381196)
So you are happy with the population mix in zone 2.
There are no fecund immigrants.
Was it your twin bother who posted those comments.

Are you saying there are 2 of him ?

DaveLovesDee Nov 13th 2017 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12381169)
And you are saying that subsidising someones housing in one of the most expensive locations in the world is a common good? That a warehouse worker in a rough part of Wolverhampton should pay more tax for the "common good" of keeping a single mum ensconced in a flat in Chelsea rather than somewhere cheaper?

Rent subsidies for people living in Chelsea come from the local authority's budget. Wolverhampton is not in the same local authority area.

amideislas Nov 13th 2017 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12381169)
And you are saying that subsidising someones housing in one of the most expensive locations in the world is a common good? That a warehouse worker in a rough part of Wolverhampton should pay more tax for the "common good" of keeping a single mum ensconced in a flat in Chelsea rather than somewhere cheaper?

I don't know. I don't even know if what you claim is true (sounds like the uniquely English TV programme "benefits street").

Anyway, what does this have to do with the EU? If Britain chooses to pay to house the poor in Chelsea, I don't believe this has anything to to with any EU mandate. It's probably not even true. But I'll humour you.

007Steve Nov 13th 2017 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12381191)
I understand this will only apply if there is ''a deal''.
If no deal, the UK will jump without Parliament approval ...

Mine too.
You see, in a transparent 21st Cent. democracy, there's no need to consult anyone if you can't agree something......:confused: :confused: :confused:

Novocastrian Nov 13th 2017 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12381195)
Yes, Parliament can't approve something that doesn't exist.

Article 50 has been declared and approved, so we will be leaving - that has already been approved. The terms of the leaving have not, because the government has been unable to produce any.

It's not inevitable. A50 is revocable according to Lord Kerr (who wrote it), Macron and Merkel among others.

I suppose this comment makes me a Remainiac. So be it.

Lion in Winter Nov 13th 2017 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 12381329)
It's not inevitable. A50 is revocable according to Lord Kerr (who wrote it), Macron and Merkel among others.

Probably a leftie, also :)

Stand by for shouts of "traitor to the people".

Former Lancastrian Nov 13th 2017 10:09 pm

There has been the odd time I might have considered calling you a condescending Geordie.;)
Its funny about several pages back on this thread I mentioned that as he was on Power and Politics and said there is nothing in Article 50 that stops the UK from taking back the letter before the 2 year period to leave expires.
I even posted the link to Article 50 and nobody would answer that query.
I also have a feeling that this will happen but Im staying in Canada so it doesn't really affect me.

007Steve Nov 14th 2017 8:01 am

...Welcome to the Club, Novcastrian! ;) ;) ;)

iano Nov 14th 2017 8:51 am

Originally Posted by 007Steve (Post 12381603)
...Welcome to the Club, Novcastrian! ;) ;) ;)

I remember these boards awash with crowing Brexiteers, not any more.

InVinoVeritas Nov 14th 2017 9:44 am

Originally Posted by iano (Post 12381630)
I remember these boards awash with crowing Brexiteers, not any more.

Not much point, this thread is just a circle jerk for Remoaners :scarper:

jimenato Nov 14th 2017 9:57 am

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 12381658)

Ha!...

More like all the Brexiteers realise what they've done, are embarrassed about the whole sorry affair and are keeping their heads down.

Former Lancastrian Nov 14th 2017 10:02 am

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12381667)
Ha!...

More like all the Brexiteers realise what they've done, are embarrassed about the whole sorry affair and are keeping their heads down.

There again some might be saying whats the point of this thread we voted Yes and if all goes to plan the UK leaves the EU on 29 March 2019 at 11pm so no need to contribute to the thread.;)

iano Nov 14th 2017 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12381673)
There again some might be saying whats the point of this thread we voted Yes and if all goes to plan the UK leaves the EU on 29 March 2019 at 11pm so no need to contribute to the thread.;)

You'd think they'd be keen on converting all these Remoaning Remainiacs to their cause, this being a debating forum after all.

Plenty of womenfolk in the Remain camp on here, not sure 'circle jerk' to be an entirely accurate simile !

EMR Nov 14th 2017 10:13 am

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 12381658)

Inflation hits 3 %, that's costs going up in a straight line.
Sterling falls.
Hardly a circle.

InVinoVeritas Nov 14th 2017 10:14 am

Originally Posted by iano (Post 12381683)
Plenty of womenfolk in the Remain camp on here, not sure 'circle jerk' to be an entirely accurate simile !

Some Remoaners on here probably need help :p