British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Wintersong Sep 1st 2016 6:37 am

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Editha (Post 12040839)
The plight of the cockneys'? Seriously?

:rofl:

Incidentally, I am a cockney -- born within the sound of Bow Bells.

Cockneys are not an 'indigenous' people. The very suggestion is ludicrous. Nor have we been subject to ethnic cleansing, which means forcible deportation. Somebody who sells his former council house and moves to Essex has not been ethnically cleansed.

Indeed: my Hackney-born Cockney mother will be amused to hear that she's been ethnically cleansed all the way out to leafy Surrey.

Assanah Sep 1st 2016 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12040642)
There is no way that the EU could afford to do otherwise, it has far more to lose than us and I'm pretty certain that Merkel especially in her present predicament, will see it that way also.

Well, just the Germans don't see it quiet that way. Solid majority of the Germans are for punishing (sic!) the British only 18% are for a compromise. And Merkel is obligated to the Germans not to the Brits. As you like to stress all the time: it's the sovereignity, stupid.

Red Eric Sep 1st 2016 7:22 am

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12040788)
obviously that's different because only POC (that's what libtards call coloured people) can be persecuted.

I think you'll find that it's generally minorities who are deemed to suffer persecution, which doesn't exclude white people at all.

Nor is the above by any means a hard and fast rule. People who form a majority can also be persecuted / discriminated against if they are in a weaker position socially / economically etc than those doing the discriminating. Plenty of examples of that all around.

And I think "people of colour" is an absurd phrase. I suspect it's mainly used by people who think you can't say the word "black" without being gunned down by a detachment of the PC Brigade.

Red Eric Sep 1st 2016 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Assanah (Post 12040877)
Well, just the Germans don't see it quiet that way. Solid majority of the Germans are for punishing (sic!) the British only 18% are for a compromise. And Merkel is obligated to the Germans not to the Brits. As you like to stress all the time: it's the sovereignity, stupid.

I expect Bild will be having a field day trying to reduce that 18% over the next months and years.

jimenato Sep 1st 2016 7:49 am

Well, at least when we leave the EU we'll be able to stop all these black Europeans coming from that country in Europe where all the black people live from displacing the cockneys.

paulry Sep 1st 2016 7:59 am

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12040916)
Well, at least when we leave the EU we'll be able to stop all these black Europeans coming from that country in Europe where all the black people live from displacing the cockneys.

Free of the open EU borders and with a well managed immigration system, Britain will be empowered to reduce immigration to sustainable levels.

jimenato Sep 1st 2016 8:38 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12040923)
Free of the open EU borders and with a well managed immigration system, Britain will be empowered to reduce immigration to sustainable levels.

Absolutely nothing whatever to do with the EU.

Yet another instance where Brexiteers are ignorant causing them to vote the way they did.

Bipat Sep 1st 2016 9:06 am

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12040940)

Yet another instance where Brexiteers are ignorant causing them to vote the way they did.

'Free movement of citizens'-----nothing to do with the EU??

Immigrant origin voters also voted to leave in the same proportions.

The overall number of people living in an island country and fair rules that apply/welcome equally to immigrants worldwide, why is that a problem?

jimenato Sep 1st 2016 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12040959)
'Free movement of citizens'-----nothing to do with the EU??

Immigrant origin voters also voted to leave in the same proportions.

The overall number of people living in an island country and fair rules that apply/welcome equally to immigrants worldwide, why is that a problem?

How is East London being taken over by black people something to do with the EU?

paulry Sep 1st 2016 9:15 am

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12040940)

Don't try that old chestnut. I said "free of the EU open borders" which in case you are hard of understanding, means citizens of the EU (both those born in the EU and those who have been naturalised) will no longer automatically have the right to live and work in the UK. Currently immigration from the EU makes up around 50% of the UK's immigration numbers. Once the UK is free of the EU, they will have to get into the queue along with citizens from the rest of the world. No more discrimination - you should be rejoicing! :thumbsup:

Bipat Sep 1st 2016 9:15 am

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12040961)
How is East London being taken over by black people something to do with the EU?

Nothing.
I answered your post--which was an answer to Paulry's post regarding open borders and a well managed immigration system.

This is an answer if you have a £million--announced yesterday.
All you wealthy people can emigrate and go and live with brown people.:lol::lol:

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/i.../1/753866.html

paulry Sep 1st 2016 9:17 am

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12040961)

Who except you has said it's being taken over by black people? :confused:

Red Eric Sep 1st 2016 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12040965)
...open borders...

How many more times??

The UK does not have an open border with the rest of the EU. Schengen countries have open borders between each other. The UK is not part of the Schengen Area and only has open borders within its own Common Travel Area.

paulry Sep 1st 2016 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12040965)
Nothing.
I answered your post--which was an answer to Paulry's post regarding open borders and a well managed immigration system.

This is an answer if you have a £million--announced yesterday.
All you wealthy people can emigrate and go and live with brown people.:lol::lol:

Foreigners investing above Rs 10 crore in India will be eligible for citizenship : India, News - India Today

That's good. But even though the headline mentioned citizenship the scheme doesn't appear to provide a pathway to citizenship.

paulry Sep 1st 2016 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12040968)
How many more times??

The UK does not have an open border with the rest of the EU. Schengen countries have open borders between each other. The UK is not part of the Schengen Area and only has open borders within its own Common Travel Area.

<yawn> "Open borders" refers to the ability for EU citizens to live and work in the UK without having to apply to do so through an immigration process.