British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

GeniB Oct 16th 2017 1:23 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12361901)
anger and confusion are no excuse for hatred - you should know better.

Moreover, you are in the vocal minority not the vast majority by the way in thinking that is acceptable.

Where's the 'hatred' in telling someone to go? Someone who should have the countries best interests at heart .NOT their own.Someone who is clinging on to power like its a god given right . Meanwhile ignoring an entire country that is desperate for some credible leadership.

If you think Jonathan Pie's (actor's) language is offensive in 2017 . Then say so. Don't superimpose it on me. I am certainly not in the minority in thinking the government has tried the patience of the people, long past their credibility date. I might not use the same language as the actor involved ,but I certainly share his views

Garbatellamike Oct 16th 2017 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by GeniB (Post 12362082)
Where's the 'hatred' in telling someone to go? Someone who should have the countries best interests at heart .NOT their own.Someone who is clinging on to power like its a god given right . Meanwhile ignoring an entire country that is desperate for some credible leadership.

If you think Jonathan Pie's (actor's) language is offensive in 2017 . Then say so. Don't superimpose it on me. I am certainly not in the minority in thinking the government has tried the patience of the people, long past their credibility date. I might not use the same language as the actor involved ,but I certainly share his views

Ignoring an entire country, vast majority etc etc - stop telling fibs:

Latest poll:

Corbin 42
May 39

Not even a majority and certainly not the entire country - you are deluding yourself (possibly being blinded by hatred?).

DaveLovesDee Oct 16th 2017 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12362076)
May offered to do the rights of respective Expats quickly - EU response -No!

May urged to match EU's offer on rights of Britons living in Europe

EU citizens 'bitterly disappointed' with post-Brexit rights offer

EU decided they would only negotiate on 3 topics and exclude trade agreement.
EU said (and the UK agreed) that the 3 topics were to be concluded before negotiations on trade would start. I suspect the EU were concerned that the UK would try and use the rights of EU nationals as bargaining chips in negotiations for an FTA.

Barnier has said he will decide when enough progress has been made to begin talks on trade - not I will agree with DD when enough progress has been made.
Barnier has been giving a job to do by the EU27, with a number of very thick red lines that the UK will find it very difficult to cross. If they want what's on offer behind those lines, there's a price to pay, and DD doesn't want to pay it.

The EU side have been issuing instructions and demands (as well as insults) not negotiating collaboratively imho

Those are the facts as I see them - I made no assumptions ;-)
Those are the facts as reported by the UK media. There are not always accurate.

I don't think the UK side has covered itself in glory either but to characterize the EU side as collaborative with UK and the UK as intransigent does not fit the facts. Both sides are, understandably, being intransigent at this time.
Both sides are waiting for the other to budge, but only one side has a hard deadline of 29th March 2019.

It's Vulcan Chess not ping pong :nod:
Here's the thing. It's not a f-ing game to most of us.

macliam Oct 16th 2017 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12362108)
Ignoring an entire country, vast majority etc etc - stop telling fibs:

Latest poll:

Corbin 42
May 39

Not even a majority and certainly not the entire country - you are deluding yourself (possibly being blinded by hatred?).

According to that result, Corbyn is the clear winner, May should go immediately and there should never. ever be another election. Anyone claiming otherwise will be against the will of the people and undemocratic scum.

Or is that only on other matters?

Golden Years Oct 16th 2017 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12362001)
I can't see much of a negative outcome for the EU, because if the UK walks away with no deal, the EU still has FTAs with 50+ countries, while the UK has none.

Wow! 50+ Free Trade Agreements.
How much do these countries pay each year for the privilege?

EMR Oct 16th 2017 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Golden Years (Post 12362148)
Wow! 50+ Free Trade Agreements.
How much do these countries pay each year for the privilege?

Nothing and the UK gets to enjoy the benefits, until it leaves .

Golden Years Oct 16th 2017 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12362157)
Nothing and the UK gets to enjoy the benefits, until it leaves .

How much do the 50+ countries pay for their free trade agreements with the EU?

Nothing?

So why should the UK have to pay for an FTA?

EMR Oct 16th 2017 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Golden Years (Post 12362161)

You obviously know little about how a fta works.

Annetje Oct 16th 2017 2:42 pm

Nothing?

Who said the UK has to pay for a FTA ?

Garbatellamike Oct 16th 2017 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12362136)
Here's the thing. It's not a f-ing game to most of us.

Yeah fair point mate. The overpaid political class will be unaffected whatever happens, which is why it is a game to them.

My point is both sides are currently driving us towards a a hard BREXIT and no one is being collaborative.

Garbatellamike Oct 16th 2017 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by macliam (Post 12362143)
According to that result, Corbyn is the clear winner, May should go immediately and there should never. ever be another election. Anyone claiming otherwise will be against the will of the people and undemocratic scum.

Or is that only on other matters?

I disagree with your assertions there - most strongly

Shard Oct 16th 2017 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12362162)

+1

And we subverted representative democracy for this. :unsure:

Golden Years Oct 16th 2017 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12362162)

Enlighten me.

What is the difference between a free trade agreement, which apparently costs nothing, and access to the single market via membership of the EU which is very expensive?

Annetje Oct 16th 2017 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Golden Years (Post 12362205)
Enlighten me.

What is the difference between a free trade agreement, which apparently costs nothing, and access to the single market via membership of the EU which is very expensive?

Have you ever heard of Google ? Otherwise, going back to school might be an idea.

jimenato Oct 16th 2017 3:48 pm

Nothing?

:rolleyes: