British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Lion in Winter Aug 31st 2016 10:08 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12040565)
:blink: Who said they are being killed?

Ethnic cleansing?

Or is it the English language being killed by you?

And are you sure that living in the east end confers some sort of ethnicity on someone?

Lion in Winter Aug 31st 2016 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12040528)
Does it not raise concerns to you that over a period of less than a generation one of Britain's most celebrated cultures can be obliterated, ethnically cleansed?

By the way, what is doing away with the East End is not the dreaded foreigner you so fear, but gentrification.

Well to do white people just like you.

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...m-london-to-la

DaveLovesDee Aug 31st 2016 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12040528)
Does it not raise concerns to you that over a period of less than a generation one of Britain's most celebrated cultures can be obliterated, ethnically cleansed?

Funny that. How do you feel about the same when we did it to other cultures?

The Aborigines and the Maori for a start. Maybe the whites should hand Australia and NZ back to the natives, who can then control immigration to their countries.

Dick Dasterdly Aug 31st 2016 10:42 pm

Desperation tactics dld, digging through history books, but nevertheless I imagine Paulry will appreciate you proving his point.:cool:

paulry Sep 1st 2016 12:00 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12040573)

The Aborigines and the Maori for a start. Maybe the whites should hand Australia and NZ back to the natives, who can then control immigration to their countries.

Too late, the majority rules. Same applies with the Cockneys. Saying that, here there is sympathy for what happened to the indigenous peoples in this part of the world and attempts are constantly being made to address it. But how can I expect you to understand that since it looks like you, Lion in Winter, and the troll, etc have zero sympathy for the plight of the Cockneys.

paulry Sep 1st 2016 12:01 am

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12040569)
Ethnic cleansing?

Or is it the English language being killed by you?

And are you sure that living in the east end confers some sort of ethnicity on someone?

:rolleyes: Try looking up the definition of ethnic cleansing...

Dick Dasterdly Sep 1st 2016 12:10 am

Theresa May's Brexit warning: Britain cannot stay in the EU 'through the back door'

I tend to agree with Lawson we should simply wipe our hands of the sorry mess that is the EU asap without even wasting time negotiating about the single market.

Once we are clear, then there is absolutely no doubt business would continue as normal.
There is no way that the EU could afford to do otherwise, it has far more to lose than us and I'm pretty certain that Merkel especially in her present predicament, will see it that way also.
Likewise if anyone suggests tariffs, the balance of trade differential being what it is, the UK would once again clearly be in the driving seat.

paulry Sep 1st 2016 12:22 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12040642)
Theresa May's Brexit warning: Britain cannot stay in the EU 'through the back door'

I tend to agree with Lawson we should simply wipe our hands of the sorry mess that is the EU asap without even wasting time negotiating about the single market.

Once we are clear, then there is absolutely no doubt business would continue as normal.
There is no way that the EU could afford to do otherwise, it has far more to lose than us and I'm pretty certain that Merkel especially in her present predicament, will see it that way also.
Likewise if anyone suggests tariffs, the balance of trade differential being what it is, the UK would once again clearly be in the driving seat.

So true. Remember all the concessions the years of Cameron's negotiations yielded.

DaveLovesDee Sep 1st 2016 2:09 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12040633)
Too late, the majority rules. Same applies with the Cockneys. Saying that, here there is sympathy for what happened to the indigenous peoples in this part of the world and attempts are constantly being made to address it. But how can I expect you to understand that since it looks like you, Lion in Winter, and the troll, etc have zero sympathy for the plight of the Cockneys.

You're trying to equate migration with ethnic cleansing, and I'm not sure what plight of the Cockney's you're alluding to.

Cockney's were traditionally born within the sound of Bow Bells, but is becoming associated with any East End-born, working-class Londoner.

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12040647)
So true. Remember all the concessions the years of Cameron's negotiations yielded.

Cameron got almost everything he asked for.

paulry Sep 1st 2016 3:50 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12040714)
You're trying to equate migration with ethnic cleansing, and I'm not sure what plight of the Cockney's you're alluding to.

Cockney's were traditionally born within the sound of Bow Bells, but is becoming associated with any East End-born, working-class Londoner.

Cameron got almost everything he asked for.

No, I'm talking about the people of one ethnicity being displaced by another.

He probably did get everything he asked for but clearly it wasn't everything British voters asked for.

TGA Sep 1st 2016 4:47 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12040573)

obviously that's different because only POC (that's what libtards call coloured people) can be persecuted. White people have that "white privilege" thing so couldn't possibly have anything to complain about:sarcasm:

this was on iplayer but was removed (who knows) BBC One - Last Whites of the East End

Scamp Sep 1st 2016 4:50 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12040766)
No, I'm talking about the people of one ethnicity being displaced by another.

He probably did get everything he asked for but clearly it wasn't everything British voters asked for.

I wasn't keen on the war in Iraq though. Or for the change in stamp duty regulations (yet).

Maybe some of the voters did want his negotiations though? Maybe just not you personally?

paulry Sep 1st 2016 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12040792)
I wasn't keen on the war in Iraq though. Or for the change in stamp duty regulations (yet).

Maybe some of the voters did want his negotiations though? Maybe just not you personally?

You should know as well as I do that it was a cynical charade from the word go.

https://thescepticisle.com/2016/02/2...a-total-fraud/

Scamp Sep 1st 2016 6:01 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12040818)
You should know as well as I do that it was a cynical charade from the word go.

https://thescepticisle.com/2016/02/2...a-total-fraud/

The whole period of negotiations was a bloody shambles. It seemed like a kid threatening to beat up a man in front of his mates and then doing nothing of sort but agreeing to a black eye and payment to avoid a kicking.

My point was more about what the voters vote or don't vote for. A referendum on everything is a frightening thought though eh! :blink:

Editha Sep 1st 2016 6:19 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12040633)

The plight of the cockneys'? Seriously?

:rofl:

Incidentally, I am a cockney -- born within the sound of Bow Bells.

Cockneys are not an 'indigenous' people. The very suggestion is ludicrous. Nor have we been subject to ethnic cleansing, which means forcible deportation. Somebody who sells his former council house and moves to Essex has not been ethnically cleansed.