British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Dick Dasterdly Aug 31st 2016 8:13 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12040324)
Oh... he's back.... GOOD JESUS

And you would be smiling with a big fat grin if 'Remain' had won... FACE IT... SUCK IT UP.. LIVE WITH IT... AND GOD DAMN DEAL WITH IT.

LEAVE WON, now man up, and move along.

BREXIT ALL THE WAY.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dick Dasterdly Aug 31st 2016 8:14 pm

House Prices Exposed!

"There will be a hit to the value of your home by at least 10%, up to 18% [if we Brexit]" - George Osborne, May 2016

"Asking prices increased in August by 0.6% compared to the previous month, with annual growth increased to 5.6% in August from 5.2% in July" - Nationwide, 31st August 2016"

Another 'Remain' lie bites the dust.

Dick Dasterdly Aug 31st 2016 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Editha (Post 12039916)
For someone who is obsessed by the subject, you are remarkably badly informed. May supported the Remain campaign. She made her views quite clear. But she did not take an active part in the campaign, probably for career reasons.

Brexit is about immigration for a very large portion of the electorate who voted for it. Research since the referendum has shown that this issue was the driving factor.

Research shows that the main driving factor was return of Sovereinty.

The need for a fairer system of Immigration control was second on the list, in order to replace the current biased system which is clearly prejudiced against non EU citizens. :cool:

EMR Aug 31st 2016 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12040468)
House Prices Exposed!

"There will be a hit to the value of your home by at least 10%, up to 18% [if we Brexit]" - George Osborne, May 2016

"Asking prices increased in August by 0.6% compared to the previous month, with annual growth increased to 5.6% in August from 5.2% in July" - Nationwide, 31st August 2016"

Do remind us when we actually left the EU, we are and still will be for at least another 2/3 years members of the EU with all the benefits that entails.
WE ARE STILL IN REMAIN MODE.
But thanks for the pat on the back.

I am sure you will still be around when Brexit actually happens.

EMR Aug 31st 2016 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12040479)

The need for a fairer system of Immigration control was second on the list, in order to replace the current biased system which is clearly prejudiced against non EU citizens. :cool:

Not in the areas which swung the vote,.

Facts as ever not your forte.

Red Eric Aug 31st 2016 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12040137)
I am answering those who are still bleating over immigration. You are looking at polls now? You? Still crying immigration? Are you seriously suggesting that there are no problems for those we are discussing but they are fearful of what high levels of immigration might do? The fear of what high levels of immigration might do? You are having a f****** laugh here, aren’t you? How much higher must it get for the people we are discussing?

I’m going out for a breather. This is nonsense.

Hey - don't get upset with me just because you let the veil slip.

You were doing quite well disguising it until after the referendum result. But we agree on one thing at least - without the disgraceful Banks / Farage campaign the vote would probably have gone the other way.

Red Eric Aug 31st 2016 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12040479)

Research shows that those who think that have difficulty spelling it, let alone providing credible explanations of where (or even if) it is lacking and how much that might be redressed by Brexit.

Red Eric Aug 31st 2016 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12040468)
House Prices Exposed!

Easy Tiger!

House prices could take an 18% hit over the next two years and there will be an “economic shock” that will increase the cost of mortgages if the UK votes to leave the EU, George Osborne has warned.
See that little bit after 18%? Just there, look - it says "over the next two years". Years, Dicky old chum. Years. Not months.

Not that I'm necessarily agreeing with that, you understand. Just pointing out that it wasn't claimed to be an instantaneous effect.

paulry Aug 31st 2016 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12040281)
Oh no!

The demographics of a region changing!

Bloody Romans, what have they ever done for us, eh?

Does it not raise concerns to you that over a period of less than a generation one of Britain's most celebrated cultures can be obliterated, ethnically cleansed?

Red Eric Aug 31st 2016 9:50 pm

You guys do like to misappropriate phrases, don't you?

paulry Aug 31st 2016 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12040163)
I'm not splitting hairs, it's mathematics. Just trying to temper the circlejerk with a bit of reality.

Oh well, I suppose I'll go back to putting the kettle on and waiting for Brexit to happen while not holding my breath. Good thing neither of us live in the UK anymore though, that way none of this is actually our problem.

For a democratic vote the turn out was exceptionally high, and given the relentless fear campaign waged by the remainiacs, it's a very clear mandate to leave.

IMO, it seems a tad shallow to not see things that happen to our country as our problem - just because we don't currently live there.

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12040163)
Grow up.

I see you don't do irony. :nod:

paulry Aug 31st 2016 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12040324)
Oh... he's back.... GOOD JESUS

And you would be smiling with a big fat grin if 'Remain' had won... FACE IT... SUCK IT UP.. LIVE WITH IT... AND GOD DAMN DEAL WITH IT.

LEAVE WON, now man up, and move along.

BREXIT ALL THE WAY.

Indeed. They should shop crying in their milk and accept the democratic mandate. :britflag:

SultanOfSwing Aug 31st 2016 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12040547)
For a democratic vote the turn out was exceptionally high, and given the relentless fear campaign waged by the remainiacs, it's a very clear mandate to leave.

That's all it is though, and who's to say in 10 years the whole thing won't be reversed anyway. It could turn out to be a big waste of time for something that just could have been left well alone.

IMO, it seems a tad shallow to not see things that happen to our country as our problem - just because we don't currently live there.

It isn't my problem though. I have barely any ties there anymore and absolutely no plans to live there again. What happens, happens. The result was disappointing though, but what can you do?

I see you don't do irony. :nod:

Given that the level of maturity in a petri dish fill of semen is an order of magnitude above what is displayed in this thread in general, you can see why it might get a bit grating.

Lion in Winter Aug 31st 2016 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12040528)
Does it not raise concerns to you that over a period of less than a generation one of Britain's most celebrated cultures can be obliterated, ethnically cleansed?

The white eastenders are being killed? Good god man, why didn't you say so in the first place?

paulry Aug 31st 2016 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12040560)
The white eastenders are being killed? Good god man, why didn't you say so in the first place?

:blink: Who said they are being killed?