Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Oct 9th 2017, 1:48 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas View Post
Splitting hairs, the ink wasn't even dry
Joining as opposed to staying, hardly splitting hairs. You guys really need to get these things right!
Old Oct 9th 2017, 1:53 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
...I voted remain in 1975, leave in 2016---apparently during those years I have become illiterate, xenophobic, isolationist etc. etc.
No. You have demonstrated a very particular agenda, doubtless good for your cause but not necessarily good for Britain.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 1:57 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

No not the same thing.
However the 1975 referendum was regarding membership of the EEC not the EC as you keep saying.

Two major Treaties since and the EU founded in 1993, circumstances have changed.
The Labour party, as discussed before, also favoured a referendum.

The 1975 result was received without this amount of insult.
I voted remain in 1975, leave in 2016---apparently during those years I have become illiterate, xenophobic, isolationist etc. etc.
Hold another referendum when circumstances change?

Sounds good to me.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 1:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
No. You have demonstrated a very particular agenda, doubtless good for your cause but not necessarily good for Britain.
What personal cause could I have? That would not be good for Britain?
Old Oct 9th 2017, 2:03 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth View Post
I have been wondering why if Brexit negotiations don't appear to be delivering what the Brexit camp said Brexit would bring, why the government cant have the courage to call another referendum on such a major issue. A few months ago some said that was impossible, it seems within the realms of possibility now.

I admit I don't understand- if Brexit wont deliver financial benefits, wont significantly reduce immigration, and British companies to be able to export to Europe still have to comply with European regulations, what is the concrete benefit of Brexit ?
Excellent post.
Let the government have the cojones to call a referendum on walk away losing all and any benefits enjoyed by UK business ,farmers,citizens, the rights of Brits abroad and EU citizens in the UK , a closed border with Ireland etc or remain ?
To avoid any confusion the ballot paper should state this.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
Excellent post.
Let the government have the cojones to call a referendum on walk away losing all and any benefits enjoyed by UK business ,farmers,citizens, the rights of Brits abroad and EU citizens in the UK , a closed border with Ireland etc or remain ?
Are you saying they had no benefits before 1993 or even before 1975 and that now all will be gone?
Old Oct 9th 2017, 2:27 pm
Dedicated European

Excellent post.
Let the government have the cojones to call a referendum on walk away losing all and any benefits enjoyed by UK business,farmers,citizens, the rights of Brits abroad and EU citizens in the UK , a closed border with Ireland etc or remain ?
Amazing how David Davis, who threw his toys out of the pram over a perceived slight to the rights of terrorism suspects, is now happy to collude in a process that may result in a denial of rights to 4.3 million citizens!
Old Oct 9th 2017, 2:33 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Are you saying they had no benefits before 1993 or even before 1975 and that now all will be gone?
None of the benefits related to EU membership, like free market access of tarrif free UK exports and imports for our manufacturers and consumers.
That is What a hard brexit means.
The current freedoms we enjoy to live and work in the EU.
I am not interested in the past that is for dinosaurs .

How would you vote if we lost the current economic benefits we enjoy , the millions of jobs.
Or would you risk all on one sided trade agreements that may never happen.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 2:57 pm
Dedicated European

What personal cause could I have? That would not be good for Britain?
I didn't use the word personal.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
I didn't use the word personal.
Well what is my "particular agenda" then? I believe that my reasons for voting leave were much the same as those of the 'official' leave campaign.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 3:31 pm
EMR
Banned

Well what is my "particular agenda" then? I believe that my reasons for voting leave were much the same as those of the 'official' leave campaign.
But not the other leave campaigns whose narrow minded agenda swung the vote.
If you disassociate yourself from them then you should have no objections to a second referendum on the terms of leaving in particular a " hard " brexit.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

I voted remain in 1975, leave in 2016---apparently during those years I have become illiterate, xenophobic, isolationist etc. etc.
Nah, nothing as dramatic. You just have become old.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 3:55 pm
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by Assanah View Post
Nah, nothing as dramatic. You just have become old.
Best post of the day😂😂😂😂
Old Oct 9th 2017, 4:03 pm
Dedicated European

Best post of the day😂😂😂😂
Old Oct 9th 2017, 4:06 pm
Dedicated European

I think it is fair to say that you have consistently presented an India centric agenda throughout, so much so that you have your own thread on the subject!

Nothing wrong with that by the way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.