British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Red Eric Aug 31st 2016 2:12 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12040121)
The campaign. I am interested in media advertising, okay?
Still looking for faults?

If you're interested in media advertising then you'll know how it works and therefore on what exactly it was that the Banks / Farage campaign relied, even if you say otherwise on here.

Red Eric Aug 31st 2016 2:16 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12040128)

Thankyou Mr Vociferous.

paulry Aug 31st 2016 2:21 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12040134)
Thankyou Mr Vociferous.

You're welcome Mr Horseshit :thumbup:

EMR Aug 31st 2016 2:22 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12040126)
Sure, London voted remain but the majority of Britons voted to leave. Get over it.

True but not for racist Farage and Banks the majority do not think that way.
London is the economic and financial powerhouse of the UK, it will have far more influence on what ever brexit means than the moronic faragists .

la mancha Aug 31st 2016 2:22 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12040125)
It's you who's crying immigration. You're saying it causes problems.

It appears, from polls that were conducted, that those most likely to vote Leave did so not because of problems caused by immigration in the areas where they live but because of the fear of what high levels of immigration might do.

In areas of actual high immigration the vote was generally pro EU.

I am answering those who are still bleating over immigration. You are looking at polls now? You? Still crying immigration? Are you seriously suggesting that there are no problems for those we are discussing but they are fearful of what high levels of immigration might do? The fear of what high levels of immigration might do? You are having a f****** laugh here, aren’t you? How much higher must it get for the people we are discussing?

I’m going out for a breather. This is nonsense.

EMR Aug 31st 2016 2:23 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12040128)



Can.t you find anything current on you crap , you are slipping.

SultanOfSwing Aug 31st 2016 2:24 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12040126)
Sure, London voted remain but the majority of Britons voted to leave. Get over it.

Leave won the vote but it's disingenuous to say that it was because the majority of Britons voted for it.

As pointed out, 72% of the electorate voted and 52% of that voted 'leave'. This would equate to about 37% of Britons eligible to vote. Not exactly a majority.

So, yes, leave won - go have some cake and you all get medals, but please stop trying to make it out to be some massive landslide, when the margin of victory was something like 3% of the electorate.

paulry Aug 31st 2016 2:24 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12040138)
Can.t you find anything current on you crap , you are slipping.

Is that no longer happening?

paulry Aug 31st 2016 2:33 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12040140)
Leave won the vote but it's disingenuous to say that it was because the majority of Britons voted for it.

As pointed out, 72% of the electorate voted and 52% of that voted 'leave'. This would equate to about 37% of Britons eligible to vote. Not exactly a majority.

So, yes, leave won - go have some cake and you all get medals, but please stop trying to make it out to be some massive landslide, when the margin of victory was something like 3% of the electorate.

Split hairs however you like but that is how democracy works. Suck it up, buttercup ;)

EMR Aug 31st 2016 2:35 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12040137)
I am answering those who are still bleating over immigration. You are looking at polls now? You? Still crying immigration? Are you seriously suggesting that there are no problems for those we are discussing but they are fearful of what high levels of immigration might do? The fear of what high levels of immigration might do? You are having a f****** laugh here, aren’t you? How much higher must it get for the people we are discussing?

I’m going out for a breather. This is nonsense.


Just like your views and and those of the racist Banks and Farage campaign.
They have no place in the future of the UK outside of the EU what ever form that takes .

Who will be the first to complain about the May brexit the moronic ukipians and their fellow thinkers.
Just wait for the DM and Express headlines.

SultanOfSwing Aug 31st 2016 2:51 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12040149)
Split hairs however you like but that is how democracy works.

I'm not splitting hairs, it's mathematics. Just trying to temper the circlejerk with a bit of reality.

Oh well, I suppose I'll go back to putting the kettle on and waiting for Brexit to happen while not holding my breath. Good thing neither of us live in the UK anymore though, that way none of this is actually our problem.


Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12040149)
Suck it up, buttercup ;)

Grow up.

EMR Aug 31st 2016 3:04 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12040149)
Split hairs however you like but that is how democracy works. Suck it up, buttercup ;)




Unless of course the vote had gone the other way and you would have been crying foul, fix etc etc.
We know our brexiters all too well.
I accept the vote because I know that brexit will be nothing like the lies and racist campaign that won the vote.

Lion in Winter Aug 31st 2016 4:36 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12040128)

Oh no!

The demographics of a region changing!

Bloody Romans, what have they ever done for us, eh?

Vexcore Aug 31st 2016 5:32 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12040174)
Unless of course the vote had gone the other way and you would have been crying foul, fix etc etc.
We know our brexiters all too well.
I accept the vote because I know that brexit will be nothing like the lies and racist campaign that won the vote.

Oh... he's back.... GOOD JESUS

And you would be smiling with a big fat grin if 'Remain' had won... FACE IT... SUCK IT UP.. LIVE WITH IT... AND GOD DAMN DEAL WITH IT.

LEAVE WON, now man up, and move along.

BREXIT ALL THE WAY.

EMR Aug 31st 2016 5:48 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12040324)
Oh... he's back.... GOOD JESUS

And you would be smiling with a big fat grin if 'Remain' had won... FACE IT... SUCK IT UP.. LIVE WITH IT... AND GOD DAMN DEAL WITH IT.

LEAVE WON, now man up, and move along.

BREXIT ALL THE WAY.

You obviously have not been reading recent posts.
This is about brexit, not your narrow minded version but one that May will negotiate that will be good for the Uk its people and economy and one that it not satisfy those who supported the racist views of Banks and Farage.
More fool them.
Of course I would be happier if Remain had won but we have a remain PM and a government that is 50% remain with the prominent brexiters put in positions where they will fail and be made to look like the idiots they are.
May has to negotiate a deal that isvthe best for all in the UK not just a few bigotted brexiters.The brexit vote was a minority of the UK population.


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:41 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.