British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

lutonlad Jun 25th 2016 12:24 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Brilliant news. Zero chance of Corbyn being ousted. Here to stay :thumbsup:

paulry Jun 25th 2016 12:26 pm

On the other hand. :rofl:

Dick Dasterdly Jun 25th 2016 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 11983911)
Farage has no say in the future direction of the UK, no say in the negotiations. He is just a MEP serving out his notice.

If anything good does come out of this it will be that Nige is now a spent force .

If he does want to withdraw from frontline politics and take a rest that's his choice, he's certainly earned it.

Against all the odds he has achieved what he set out to do and earned himself an upstanding place in British history, regardless of his future commitments.

Well done Nige,

A true Brit and British folk hero !

:thumbup:

Vexcore Jun 25th 2016 12:35 pm

Things that need to happen for Nigel

1: Face on £50 Note
2: Statue of him near Westminster
3: KNIGHTHOOD
4: Needs to be an MP
5: Needs to be remembered for the guy that got us out of the 'EU'

lol..

Dick Dasterdly Jun 25th 2016 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 11984067)

Brilliant find Paulry. :thumbsup:

"They don't like it up em, you know."

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dick Dasterdly Jun 25th 2016 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 11984078)

lol..

:goodpost:

:thumbsup:

TGA Jun 25th 2016 12:50 pm

The Loony Left Backlash

amideislas Jun 25th 2016 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 11984078)

lol..

Is that an indication of who you'll blame for it? Or will it be the "lefties" who made you do it? Or was it the "EU dictatorship"? Or will it just be easier to claim you never voted to leave?

Vexcore Jun 25th 2016 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 11984107)
Is that an indication of who you'll blame for it? Or will it be the "lefties" who made you do it? Or was it the "EU dictatorship"? Or will it just be easier to claim you never voted to leave?

Make sense.

you're reply was utter bollocks :lol:

We all know it won't happen... (BUT IT SHOULD)

amideislas Jun 25th 2016 1:52 pm

A pyrrhic victory? Boris Johnson wakes up to the costs of Brexit | Politics | The Guardian

Now that reality is starting to set in, I'm now increasingly questioning whether the UK will actually leave. We shall see.

Vexcore Jun 25th 2016 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 11984168)
A pyrrhic victory? Boris Johnson wakes up to the costs of Brexit | Politics | The Guardian

Now that reality is starting to set in, I'm now increasingly questioning whether the UK will actually leave. We shall see.

After all this and it didn't leave? Christ, could you imagine the revolt riots wars n shit on the streets?

We are leaving, because Cameron has bolted (well will bolt soon) if we wasn't? why would he call it a day?

Better OUT THEN IN, we won now we wake up and get our shit together, we'll be fine.

amideislas Jun 25th 2016 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 11984176)
After all this and it didn't leave? Christ, could you imagine the revolt riots wars n shit on the streets?

We are leaving, because Cameron has bolted (well will bolt soon) if we wasn't? why would he call it a day?

Better OUT THEN IN, we won now we wake up and get our shit together, we'll be fine.

Well, that's been one of the concerns I've always expressed. Clearly the country is polarised - and passionate about it.

As the new "establishment" necessarily delays the invocation of article 50 in an effort to gain more leverage against the EU by prolonging instability and uncertainty, it will also impact Britain equally.

...not to mention what's happening in Scotland. That will undoubtedly serve to inflate emotions...

...then the half that voted to remain. They're already unhappy...

...and as the British economy declines (surely to be blamed solely on our continued EU membership), the electorate will become impatient, and the chance of civil unrest becomes more likely. On both sides.

...and our addiction to sensationalist tabloids, who will take advantage of any story that can be inflated into hysteria...

But it's not as if nobody scaremongered warned us.

Red Eric Jun 25th 2016 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by lutonlad (Post 11983999)
It's quite apparent that you, EMR and a few others on here rub your hands with glee when the markets take a dive - exercising a 'told you so' mentality.
You naturally want the UK to get the worst terms possible from the EU gods you idolize.

I can't imagine what gave you that idea and, frankly, I'm a bit tired now of putting up with insults and with misrepresentations of what I have posted. I haven't even mentioned the markets or exchange rates - I'm not part of the group that obsesses about that sort of stuff.

I don't want a raw deal for Britain but I fear that it is going to be treated roughly. That much was warned about and has been dismissed as scaremongering - so be it. We'll wait and see. I have absolutely no interest in watching the country suffer for any reason and I cast my vote on the basis of what I thought best. I have family and friends living there and most of my financial future, such as it is, is bound up there with my past life. You really think I want shit to happen so I can say "I told you so"? I'm an adult for Chrissakes.

If you really think I'd be rubbing my hands with glee about anything which we Remainers have been apprehensive about, you clearly haven't been reading my posts properly, which probably also explains the stream of insults. I really don't know why you think I deserve them - I have tried to remain relatively polite and good-humoured on this thread, sometimes in the face of extreme provocation. Bit too sarcastic at times, probably, but some posters beg for it.

paulry Jun 25th 2016 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 11984189)
Well, that's been one of the concerns I've always expressed. Clearly the country is polarised - and passionate about it.

As the new "establishment" necessarily delays the invocation of article 50 in an effort to gain more leverage against the EU by prolonging instability and uncertainty, it will also impact Britain equally.

...not to mention what's happening in Scotland. That will undoubtedly serve to inflate emotions...

...then the half that voted to remain. They're already unhappy...

...and as the British economy declines (surely to be blamed solely on our continued EU membership), the electorate will become impatient, and the chance of civil unrest becomes more likely. On both sides.

...and our addiction to sensationalist tabloids, who will take advantage of any story that can be inflated into hysteria...

But it's not as if nobody scaremongered warned us.

http://u0v052dm9wl3gxo0y3lx0u44wz.wp...3c2c4e4163.jpg

amideislas Jun 25th 2016 3:09 pm

I know, I know.. amidst the hysteria, it seems completely implausible... And the media isn't reporting anything like this right now.

Nonetheless, this outlines a rather plausible path. And as reality incrementally sinks in... This may turn out to be rather prophetic.

Why the UK may remain after Brexit even if we vote Leave, writes Anthony Hilton