British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Annetje Sep 27th 2017 7:17 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12348272)
But then Mancha couldn't have feigned fauxtrage..........

I think he fully understood it was a typo.

You do realize I googled that expression :eek:

Mind you, google doesn't know the word googled :confused:

iano Sep 27th 2017 7:25 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12348161)
Just read an impartial report from a Belgian university that stated with a worst case hard Brexit there will be more than twice as many unemployed throughout the twenty-seven as in the UK.

Be careful what you wish for.

Spot on, manch. A predicted 1.2 million job losses in the entire EU, which averages around 44,000 job losses in each of the EU27, and 526,000 jobs lost in the UK.

Be careful what you vote for.

Rule Britannia

:britflag:

Lion in Winter Sep 27th 2017 7:26 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
I think we should all post our lists of friends and christmas card lists here, so we can clarify this whole issue.

Warning: there may be a couple of foreigners on my list, so that probably makes me anti UK, yes?

amideislas Sep 27th 2017 7:36 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by iano (Post 12348281)
Spot on, manch. A predicted 1.2 million job losses in the entire EU, which averages around 44,000 job losses in each of the EU27, and 526,000 jobs lost in the UK.

Be careful what you vote for.

Rule Britannia

:britflag:

After all this time, having been asked a dozen times or so, Manch has yet to illustrate ANY Brexit upside for anyone. Everybody loses.

But it's the ones who voted for it that lose the most (by orders of magnitude).

iano Sep 27th 2017 7:45 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12348289)
After all this time, having been asked a dozen times or so, Manch has yet to illustrate ANY Brexit upside for anyone. Everybody loses.

We'll just have to wait for his conscience to be triggered again, because that's what it takes these days.

Annetje Sep 27th 2017 7:45 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12348284)
I think we should all post our lists of friends and christmas card lists here, so we can clarify this whole issue.

Warning: there may be a couple of foreigners on my list, so that probably makes me anti UK, yes?

Hm, I AM a foreigner with Brits on my list. Does that make me anti foreign ? :unsure:

Annetje Sep 27th 2017 7:49 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by iano (Post 12348296)
We'll just have to wait for his conscience to be triggered again, because that's what it takes these days.

I'll try again tomorrow, I'm an expert in typo's :rofl:

Assanah Sep 27th 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by iano (Post 12348281)
Spot on, manch. A predicted 1.2 million job losses in the entire EU, which averages around 44,000 job losses in each of the EU27, and 526,000 jobs lost in the UK.

Be careful what you vote for.

Rule Britannia

:britflag:

Oh, dawning on you finally what the EU and the member states of the EU said from the beginning: Brexit is a lose lose situation. Welcome to reality

amideislas Sep 27th 2017 8:13 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
I find the whole premise of "1.2 million job losses in the EU" rather suspect. How? The UK consumes about 8% of EU exports, and in the very worst case, only a fraction of that would be lost.

Red Eric Sep 27th 2017 8:41 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12348239)
:lol:
Still don't see why that 1 f changes the whole meaning of the post.

Just a misread of the mistype I reckon. I think the mind does a sort of auto-correct and some just got it wrong.

la mancha Sep 27th 2017 8:50 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
…of…off…on…? Beats me how one can talk to anyone on here if one cannot right correctly.

The amount of cryptic sarcasm on here, I don’t know what half of these posters are saying so the typo, if it was one, looked real to me.

Most of the UK’s job losses will be unskilled Europeans and they will leave to return home or go to Germany or wherever. Add to the twenty-seven’s unemployed the number who would have come to the UK to work and it will be a sizeable amount, if the report has any truth in it. I particularly like the piece where it stated Germany would be among the nations to lose out heaviest. Nothing to be proud about, as you say, everyone loses with a so-called hard Brexit but it does go some way to say a good Brexit will be healthy for everyone.

la mancha Sep 27th 2017 9:01 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12348289)
After all this time, having been asked a dozen times or so, Manch has yet to illustrate ANY Brexit upside for anyone. Everybody loses.

But it's the ones who voted for it that lose the most (by orders of magnitude).

Total job vacancies grew in June (2017) as the number of available workers shrank due to EU citizens leaving the UK, according to Barclays analyst Paul Checketts and his team. That pushed up salaries in the UK at the sharpest rate of increase since November 2015, the bank said.

EU workers leaving UK is helping job vacancies grow, pushing up salaries - Business Insider

SultanOfSwing Sep 27th 2017 9:02 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12348352)
Beats me how one can talk to anyone on here if one cannot right correctly.

Oh, man. So close.

EMR Sep 27th 2017 9:18 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12348366)
Total job vacancies grew in June (2017) as the number of available workers shrank due to EU citizens leaving the UK, according to Barclays analyst Paul Checketts and his team. That pushed up salaries in the UK at the sharpest rate of increase since November 2015, the bank said.

EU workers leaving UK is helping job vacancies grow, pushing up salaries - Business Insider

Obviously La man has not read the article, it's full analysis and the other links.
Brexiters seem incapable of reading beyond the headlines.

Golden Years Sep 27th 2017 9:35 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12348215)
So believing in what is right for the UK its people's and economy is anti British just because it is not what you want.
A typical narrow minded brexit viewpoint.

What you "believe" to be right may not, in fact, be the case.
You are entitled to your opinion but that is all it is, an opinion.

My opinion is different to yours but that doesn't make me narrow minded it just means we have a difference of opinion.


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:54 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.