British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

olivefarmer Sep 27th 2017 5:40 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12348161)
Foaming at the mouth? I'm laughing at that one!!! You lot just have not stopped 24/7!!! Anger and resentment? This from a rabidly anti-British poster who just cannot hide your anger and resentment for everything British!!! What did you say about irony?

‘If it's any consolation, personally, I would prefer Britain gets out as soon as it can, so we can all move on to more productive pursuits.’

Why, what will you do? Build a business? Climb Mount Everest? Invent a cure for Remoaners (because you lot sure need one)?

Just read an impartial report from a Belgian university that stated with a worst case hard Brexit there will be more than twice as many unemployed throughout the twenty-seven as in the UK.

Be careful what you wish for.

:goodpost:

amideislas Sep 27th 2017 5:59 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
:popcorn:

Golden Years Sep 27th 2017 6:00 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12348161)
Foaming at the mouth? I'm laughing at that one!!! You lot just have not stopped 24/7!!! Anger and resentment? This from a rabidly anti-British poster who just cannot hide your anger and resentment for everything British!!! What did you say about irony?

‘If it's any consolation, personally, I would prefer Britain gets out as soon as it can, so we can all move on to more productive pursuits.’

Why, what will you do? Build a business? Climb Mount Everest? Invent a cure for Remoaners (because you lot sure need one)?

Just read an impartial report from a Belgian university that stated with a worst case hard Brexit there will be more than twice as many unemployed throughout the twenty-seven as in the UK.

Be careful what you wish for.

Several of the posters on here are so anti UK that it is not worth responding to them.
Happy to debate the matter with those with a genuine interest but tend to ignore the repetitive and cheap shots of others.
I think Brexit will be good for the UK and, ironically, good for the majority of EU members because they can speed up the process of "ever closer union" without someone dragging their heels.

EMR Sep 27th 2017 6:06 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12348106)
I wasn’t going to answer this shameful post but my conscience says otherwise. On the back of possibly thousands of Irish workers losing their jobs Trump is now your friend? Whether jobs are lost or not time will tell, but it is the insinuation of your post that most disturbs me. You are openly stating that anyone, even Trump, is a good guy because he wants to push thousands of Irish (or British) workers onto the dole? Just how sick can you get? It beggars belief how rabidly anti-British some are on here. Or does it?

You really are not on planet earth are you.
We who voted remain stated from day one that the brexit idea of post brexit beneficial trade deals and special relationships was much if a lie and fantasy as the infamous red bus.
When events prove us right we are now anti British.
The anti British are the brexit politicians prepared to risk the economic future of the UK and crawling on their bellies to the Trumps of this world.

EMR Sep 27th 2017 6:08 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Golden Years (Post 12348204)
Several of the posters on here are so anti UK that it is not worth responding to them.
Happy to debate the matter with those with a genuine interest but tend to ignore the repetitive and cheap shots of others.
I think Brexit will be good for the UK and, ironically, good for the majority of EU members because they can speed up the process of "ever closer union" without someone dragging their heels.

So believing in what is right for the UK its people's and economy is anti British just because it is not what you want.
A typical narrow minded brexit viewpoint.

Annetje Sep 27th 2017 6:11 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12347818)
Trump is of my friends list after this one :

US Bombardier ruling: Theresa May 'bitterly disappointed' at Trump administration tariff decision | The Independent

Thank goodness we have the DUP to urge May to call her ''special relationship'' ...
Anyway, I know this is between Canada and USA, but this is exactly what Trump means by America first. What will this mean to the new and exclusive trade deal with the UK ? Is this a taste of what is to come ... One has to assume Mr Fox will do his work !


Originally Posted by Golden Years (Post 12348204)
Several of the posters on here are so anti UK that it is not worth responding to them.
Happy to debate the matter with those with a genuine interest but tend to ignore the repetitive and cheap shots of others.
I think Brexit will be good for the UK and, ironically, good for the majority of EU members because they can speed up the process of "ever closer union" without someone dragging their heels.

How is this anti UK ? Anti May YES !

Just answer the question asked : What will this mean for the new and exclusive trade deal between UK and US ? Is this a taste of what is to come ?

amideislas Sep 27th 2017 6:12 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Meanwhile... yet another ominous sign...

UK economy falls down global competitiveness rankings, says World Economic Forum

Brexit is 'likely to further undermine the country’s competitiveness' in future

The organisation has previously warned that Brexit is likely to have negative effects in both the short and long term. In the short term, prior to any changes to the law, increased uncertainty will cause reducing investment, consumption, and foreign trade as consumers and investors become more cautious, the organisation said in its 2016-17 competitiveness report.

Beyond that, the UK is likely to face the full negative impact of a lack of access to the single market. That, the WEF said, will increase the cost of trade, investment, and the movement of labour, all of which will eventually be reflected in the economy’s overall efficiency, it added.



And this should please the xenophobes:
Britain is not a great place for expats to live.

The U.K. has tumbled in a ranking of top destinations for expats following the June 2016 vote for Brexit. It now ranks 35th out of 46 countries in the annual HSBC survey, a sharp decline from 22nd in 2016.

"Few countries have seen the kind of rapid change in expat perceptions that the U.K. has experienced since 2016, probably as a result of the decision to leave the European Union," said HSBC researchers, who analyzed responses from 27,500 expats.

HSBC said expats are now much less confident in the country's political stability and economy.

The average expat earns the equivalent of $84,000 a year in the U.K. But a sharp fall in the value of the pound after Brexit has made those salaries worth much less outside Britain.

Expats in India earn some of the highest average incomes in the world at over $176,000

The ranking considers various factors, including career prospects, earnings, economics and family life. Here's the top 15:

1. Singapore
2. Norway
3. New Zealand
4. Germany
5. Netherlands
6. Canada
7. Australia
8. Sweden
9. Austria
10. United Arab Emirates
11. Switzerland
12. Czech Republic
13. Bahrain
14. India
15. Oman

SultanOfSwing Sep 27th 2017 6:19 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12348202)
:popcorn:

More like: :blah:

Red Eric Sep 27th 2017 6:20 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12348217)
How is this anti UK ? Anti May YES !

I think they still haven't got that you made a typo and that it was supposed to read "Trump is off my friends list..." etc

Maybe they'll ease off you a bit if they read it again in that light.

BristolUK Sep 27th 2017 6:24 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12347818)
Trump is of my friends list after this one....


Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12348106)
I wasn’t going to answer this shameful post but my conscience says otherwise. On the back of possibly thousands of Irish workers losing their jobs Trump is now your friend?...

:blink:
That was so obviously meant to be Trump is off the list. Goodness me, are you completely unfamiliar with the expression about taking someone off their christmas card list and it not meaning they were ever on it in the first place?

A simple "oops, I missed that" would suffice instead of digging a deeper hole.

DaveLovesDee Sep 27th 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12348227)
I think they still haven't got that you made a typo and that it was supposed to read "Trump is off my friends list..." etc

Maybe they'll ease off you a bit if they read it again in that light.

Trump was never on my friends list anyway.....

Annetje Sep 27th 2017 6:31 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12348227)
I think they still haven't got that you made a typo and that it was supposed to read "Trump is off my friends list..." etc

Maybe they'll ease off you a bit if they read it again in that light.

:lol:
Still don't see why that 1 f changes the whole meaning of the post. That can only happen wich Mancha ;)

Would be nice if they answered the question with a well-informed answer.
Golden Years being happy to debate but who with ? :rofl:

iano Sep 27th 2017 6:36 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12348231)
A simple "oops, I missed that" would suffice instead of digging a deeper hole.

Same goes for the 'point' of Brexit.

Wouldn't hold your breath.

amideislas Sep 27th 2017 6:36 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Master debating with himself?

DaveLovesDee Sep 27th 2017 7:00 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12348231)
:blink:
That was so obviously meant to be Trump is off the list. Goodness me, are you completely unfamiliar with the expression about taking someone off their christmas card list and it not meaning they were ever on it in the first place?

A simple "oops, I missed that" would suffice instead of digging a deeper hole.

But then Mancha couldn't have feigned fauxtrage..........

I think he fully understood it was a typo.


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:29 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.