British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Lion in Winter Aug 30th 2016 8:14 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12039411)
Ja maybe but time will tell.

Should that happen, just watch UKIP field a candidate in every constituency & see how the vote goes.

UKIP? They can't find more than six candidates for anything. It was just one scandal and idiocy after another last time they tried.

Be clear. Only 37% of the electorate voted to leave. Yes, Leave won the referendum. A mandate? A mandate a few years from now? Watch and wait.

mfesharne Aug 30th 2016 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12039405)
A vote to proceed with Brexit is meaningless as no one , not even are brexiters has a clue what brexit will actually mean.
It will be you and your fellow travellers who will be really pissed when you realise that it will not come remotely close to being anything like a Daily Moron or Ukip express scenario you voted for.
May is not that stupid although some of her brexit ministers obviously are.

Yet again, a moronic response.

It wasn't about go under xxx circumstances or stay under yyy circumstances.

The vote was to stay or go & go won the vote whether the remainers & remainiacs like it or not.

Maybe some Brexiteers didn't know what Brexit means but the same can be said of the other side of the argument.

Not one of us can see into the future but the fact is the go vote won so go we will no matter how many tantrums the remainiacs throw.

EMR Aug 30th 2016 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12039425)
Yet again, a moronic response.

It wasn't about go under xxx circumstances or stay under yyy circumstances.

The vote was to stay or go & go won the vote whether the remainers & remainiacs like it or not.

Maybe some Brexiteers didn't know what Brexit means but the same can be said of the other side of the argument.

Not one of us can see into the future but the fact is the go vote won so go we will no matter how many tantrums the remainiacs throw.

Do tell us what in your opinion brexit will actually mean.
I promise not to wet myself laughing.
I too have fantasies , mine is that one day liverpool will win the league and european cup again.
Yours is obviously a ukip . D Moron , Express version of brexit.
I stand a better chance of my fantasy actually happening.

mfesharne Aug 30th 2016 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12039449)
Do tell us what in your opinion brexit will actually mean.
I promise not to wet myself laughing.
I too have fantasies , mine is that one day liverpool will win the league and european cup again.
Yours is obviously a ukip . D Moron , Express version of brexit.
I stand a better chance of my fantasy actually happening.

I'm absolutely sure you do have fantasies but shudder to think what they may be about. :ohmy:

Brexit wll mean Brexit as in out of the EUSSR dictatorship & a return to independence..... nothing more & nothing less & the democratic process will mean the UK will make it's own democratic laws. Some I'll agree with & some I won't but that's democracy for you.

SultanOfSwing Aug 30th 2016 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12039459)
... as in out of the EUSSR dictatorship ...

You really don't do yourself any favours, do you?

EMR Aug 30th 2016 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12039459)
I'm absolutely sure you do have fantasies but shudder to think what they may be about. :ohmy:

Brexit wll mean Brexit as in out of the EUSSR dictatorship & a return to independence..... nothing more & nothing less & the democratic process will mean the UK will make it's own democratic laws. Some I'll agree with & some I won't but that's democracy for you.

Avoiding t he question, man up and let us know what peculiar fantasy your idea of brexit will take.
Promise not to laugh.

Dick Dasterdly Aug 30th 2016 10:45 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/business...-matthias-fekl

I see the TTIP deal is going well. :sarcasm:

Go to the back of the queue, indeed. :lol:

DaveLovesDee Aug 31st 2016 12:30 am

the Brexit censorship campaign.

Sounds familiar....

Lion in Winter Aug 31st 2016 1:30 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12039629)

And spot on.

Wol Aug 31st 2016 2:17 am

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12039017)
I think the main reason that many remainers are finding it difficult accepting the decision is that there are many (in my experience MOST) leavers who, like mfesharne, voted based upon false beliefs - whether simple misunderstandings from not knowing enough or believing the blatant lies of the remain campaign.

If you base a conclusion on facts which you believe to be correct but are in fact wrong, then obviously the basis of the conclusion is invalid.

mfesharne admits that he believes that the ECHR is to do with the EU and it's not. Yet he voted for Brexit based upon that. This is very common - that Brexiteers voted through ignorance.

And frankly, it's sickening. What's even more sickening is that they're still displaying that ignorance and even crowing about a result born out it.

It's a shame that May is so principled. She obviously feels she now has to honour that decision based upon erroneous thinking and poor knowledge.

You can see why we don't do referenda very often.

So the UK could just leave the ECHR, could it?

DaveLovesDee Aug 31st 2016 3:08 am

Originally Posted by Wol (Post 12039677)
So the UK could just leave the ECHR, could it?

ECHR

The UK could leave the ECHR, but it's a completely separate issue to Brexit.

paulry Aug 31st 2016 3:54 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12039629)

Yes, indeed it does. If true, it has all the hallmarks of the political correctness style that was used for years to silence Brexiteers, those who opposed mass immigration, and anyone who didn't get with the globalist agenda. :nod:

So how does it feel - now that the boot is on the other foot? :sneaky:

DaveLovesDee Aug 31st 2016 4:04 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12039708)
Yes, indeed it does. If true, it has all the hallmarks of the political correctness style that was used for years to silence Brexiteers, those who opposed mass immigration, and anyone who didn't get with the globalist agenda. :nod:

So how does it feel - now that the boot is on the other foot? :sneaky:

And there it is, straight to the moral low ground.

It happened to us so we're doing it to you.

And I'm not sure anyone silenced Brexiteers 'for years' as Brexit is a recent word.

Fredbargate Aug 31st 2016 6:37 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12039476)
Avoiding t he question, man up and let us know what peculiar fantasy your idea of brexit will take.
Promise not to laugh.

That would be a good response if it wasn't for the following from over a month ago and still no answer:-

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12009948)
There was no reluctance on my part.

I asked you to answer post 10098 on http://britishexpats.com/forum/take-...57607/page674/ before giving my explanation which you still have not done.

Is that because you would have had to admit to deliberately posting erroneous information?

The same as you have now done on this thread, posting information which you know to be untrue.

You are accusing others of what you are guilty of.

jimenato Aug 31st 2016 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12039561)
https://www.theguardian.com/business...-matthias-fekl

I see the TTIP deal is going well. :sarcasm:

Go to the back of the queue, indeed. :lol:

Thus is one of the dangers of Brexit - that the UK go for a TTIP type deal with the US. While in the EU we were insulated from it - they were never going to agree it.

A post -Brexit Tory government might well leap at the chance.