British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

la mancha Aug 30th 2016 5:16 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12039017)
And frankly, it's sickening. What's even more sickening is that they're still displaying that ignorance and even crowing about a result born out it.

It's a shame that May is so principled. She obviously feels she now has to honour that decision based upon erroneous thinking and poor knowledge.

You can see why we don't do referenda very often.

It is funny how all those who voted to remain are always right and everyone else wrong and ignorant. Theresa May has championed some of the most important of the Leave claims. This is old news.

TGA Aug 30th 2016 5:28 pm

One thing about the guardain is it does some excellent photo sets. What has this got to do with Brexit I hear you ask??
https://www.theguardian.com/cities/g...nk-in-pictures

These pics show that Britian was great before brexit , was great during and will be post brexit.

now excuse me while I wipe this tear.

EMR Aug 30th 2016 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12038877)
As I've said many times the rules are that the majority wins even if it's a majority of just one.

In this case it was a majority of 1269500 more than one.

You might not like it but that's the way it is so get used to it cos it ain't gonna change no matter how big a tantrum you throw.

I am not throwing any tantrums I am waiting for you and all our other rapant brexiters to go into melt down when the reality of brexit light finally dawns on you.
Any one who looks at the front pages of the moronic brexit press can see that they are wetting their pants having realised that their pre and post brexit agendas are just a waste of news print and the time and intelligence if they have any of their readers.
I cannot wait for brexit light.

Nice to know that you would have accepted a vote of 1 to remain .

EMR Aug 30th 2016 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12039191)
One thing about the guardain is it does some excellent photo sets. What has this got to do with Brexit I hear you ask??
https://www.theguardian.com/cities/g...nk-in-pictures

These pics show that Britian was great before brexit , was great during and will be post brexit.

now excuse me while I wipe this tear.

You are right for once, May will not allow the looney brexiters in her government to divert the UK from the path of pre brexit economic growth it was on.
She wanst to be re lected and will ignore the like of Fox etc leaving them to fume and froth on the back benches.

Fredbargate Aug 30th 2016 6:43 pm

I wonder what the world would look like today if Columbus, Magellan, Cook etc had been remainers?

la mancha Aug 30th 2016 6:46 pm

It seems the only ones wetting their pants are the doubters. You just have not stopped.

mfesharne Aug 30th 2016 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12039247)
I am not throwing any tantrums I am waiting for you and all our other rapant brexiters to go into melt down when the reality of brexit light finally dawns on you.
Any one who looks at the front pages of the moronic brexit press can see that they are wetting their pants having realised that their pre and post brexit agendas are just a waste of news print and the time and intelligence if they have any of their readers.
I cannot wait for brexit light.

Nice to know that you would have accepted a vote of 1 to remain .

I'd say you're throwing the biggest tantrum of all tantrums in the entire history of tantrum throwing....... if not, why aren't you accepting the democratic decision to leave made by a significant majority of the electorate?

Personally, I can't wait for Brexit. :rofl:

EMR Aug 30th 2016 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12039337)
I'd say you're throwing the biggest tantrum of all tantrums in the entire history of tantrum throwing....... if not, why aren't you accepting the democratic decision to leave made by a significant majority of the electorate?

Personally, I can't wait for Brexit. :rofl:

You will be waiting a long, a very long time for any form of brexit that will satisfy you and those ultras who think like you.

mfesharne Aug 30th 2016 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12039343)
You will be waiting a long, a very long time for any form of brexit that will satisfy you and those ultras who think like you.

Suck it up Buttercup cos it's gonna happen whether you like it or not!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2...psfasqfkbj.jpg

Lion in Winter Aug 30th 2016 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12039337)

:

You keep repeating this.

52% of 72% is not "a significant majority of the electorate".

Only 72% of the electorate voted in the first place. So Leave got 52% of that vote, so that means about 37% of the electorate voted to leave.

mfesharne Aug 30th 2016 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12039394)
You keep repeating this.

52% of 72% is not "a significant majority of the electorate".

Only 72% of the electorate voted in the first place. So Leave got 52% of that vote, so that means about 37% of the electorate voted to leave.

I only keep repeating it because some fidiots seem unable to understand the fact that percentages are entirely irrelevant.

What's relevant is the rules state a majority of just 1 carries the vote & the majority that carried the vote to leave was 1269500 more than one so that's an end to the matter.

Simple.

Lion in Winter Aug 30th 2016 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12039399)
Percentages are entirely irrelevant.

What's relevant is the rules state a majority of just 1 carries the vote & the majority that carried the vote to leave was 1269500 more than one so that's an end to the matter.

Simple.

So, "a significant majority voted to leave" AND "percentages are entirely irrelevant".

OK then.

Apparently the meaning of words is also irrelevant.

It may, however, prove not to be irrelevant when a general election comes along, which will almost certainly happen before any Brexit has happened. Maybe even more than one. Ditto during actual negotiations for said Brexit.

EMR Aug 30th 2016 8:06 pm

A vote to proceed with Brexit is meaningless as no one , not even are brexiters has a clue what brexit will actually mean.
It will be you and your fellow travellers who will be really pissed when you realise that it will not come remotely close to being anything like a Daily Moron or Ukip express scenario you voted for.
May is not that stupid although some of her brexit ministers obviously are.

mfesharne Aug 30th 2016 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12039403)
So, "a significant majority voted to leave" AND "percentages are entirely irrelevant".

OK then.

Apparently the meaning of words is also irrelevant.

It may, however, prove not to be irrelevant when a general election comes along, which will almost certainly happen before any Brexit has happened. Maybe even more than one. Ditto during actual negotiations for said Brexit.

Ja maybe but time will tell.

Should that happen, just watch UKIP field a candidate in every constituency & see how the vote goes.

DaveLovesDee Aug 30th 2016 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12038679)
I'm sure a significant percentage of the electorate would (at the very least) want to see the 'right to family life' loophole scrapped & replaced with the principle of deport the immigrant offender & if the family want to stay with him/her, they're perfectly welcome to bugger off as well.

Yes, because the same would apply to British nationals (it already does for non-EU spouses).

There is no right to family life in the UK for those who have a non-EU spouse unless you earn at least £18,600 a year, which 51% of uk workers don't.

The Home Office argued in a Parliamentary Committee that if Brits want to live with those spouses, they can do so outside the UK.