British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

mfesharne Aug 29th 2016 4:21 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

In fact, I'll kick it off.

Top of my wish list but not necessarily in order are:

Controlled borders & movement with visas available to those that deserve them. (Note, NOT closed borders)

Scrap the HRA & replace it with a proper constitution that protects the law abiding citizens rather than the criminals/illegals etc.

Deportation of convicted foreign criminals & no allowance to stay due to 'right to family life' etc

Fast track asylum seekers where they get a quick yes or no and none given without positive proof of ID & security clearance & only one appeal opportunity.

Big change of immigration rules that will make it much easier for people from countries such as South Africa & Zimbabwe etc to either migrate to the UK or claim asylum in the UK.

Scrap the European Fisheries Act & replace it with an act that considers proper species conservation etc & at least a 3 mile limit for non British trawlers.

Referendum on restoration of the death penalty for some cases such as paedophilia, terrorism & murder. (I can already hear the squeals of protest from the lefty types on this one! :) )

I'm sure I'll think of others but that's it for now.

Vexcore Aug 29th 2016 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12038071)

Controlled borders & movement with visas available to those that deserve them. (Note, NOT closed borders)

Scrap the HRA & replace it with a proper constitution that protects the law abiding citizens rather than the criminals/illegals etc.

Deportation of convicted foreign criminals & no allowance to stay due to 'right to family life' etc

Fast track asylum seekers where they get a quick yes or no and none given without positive proof of ID & security clearance & only one appeal opportunity.

Big change of immigration rules that will make it much easier for people from countries such as South Africa & Zimbabwe etc to either migrate to the UK or claim asylum in the UK.

Scrap the European Fisheries Act & replace it with an act that considers proper species conservation etc & at least a 3 mile limit for non British trawlers.

Referendum on restoration of the death penalty for some cases such as paedophilia, terrorism & murder. (I can already hear the squeals of protest from the lefty types on this one! :) )

Top Bloke :goodpost:

Bipat Aug 29th 2016 5:01 pm

Some of your points are not related to leaving the EU.

We will still have the HRA and be signatories to the ECHR.

Why Zimbabwe and South Africa?

Death penalty--death for a death? Eye for an Eye---civilised?? (I am not a lefty--was a Lib/Dem member!)

EMR Aug 29th 2016 5:21 pm

Tech issues , on my travels and other things to do mean,t I have not been posting.
But I have missed nothing, our brexiters are still fighting the referendum and still being anti EU, migrant etc etc.
No change there.

Could it be that they are are denying the reality which is Brexit, what brexit ?.

The latest , May want ALL her ministers to come up with their individual ideas of what brexit should be .

Who would like to give us a date for brexit and what it will actually mean ??

EMR Aug 29th 2016 5:23 pm

You can take the white immigrant out of South Africa but you cannot take the atitudes of the past out of the white immigrant from south Africa.

SultanOfSwing Aug 29th 2016 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12038119)
The latest , May want ALL her ministers to come up with their individual ideas of what brexit should be .

That sounds like a bloody homework assignment :lol:

Red Eric Aug 29th 2016 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12038104)
I am not a lefty--was a Lib/Dem member!

That is completely immaterial when it comes to being badged a lefty by mfesharne. In fact he probably thinks the "Liberal" in LibDem is enough to make you a communist.

Bipat Aug 29th 2016 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12038143)
That is completely immaterial when it comes to being badged a lefty by mfesharne. In fact he probably thinks the "Liberal" in LibDem is enough to make you a communist.

Actually, slightly rightist OH once called me a communist!!:lol:

Red Eric Aug 29th 2016 5:58 pm

When we were discussing the matter of "border control" previously, you very much gave me the impression that all visitors, from whatever country and on however short a stay should need a visa before being allowed entry.

Is that still your view?

Bipat Aug 29th 2016 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12038119)
Tech issues , on my travels and other things to do mean,t I have not been posting.
But I have missed nothing, our brexiters are still fighting the referendum and still being anti EU, migrant etc etc.
No change there.

Could it be that they are are denying the reality which is Brexit, what brexit ?.

Who would like to give us a date for brexit and what it will actually mean ??

You're back!!!! No change!
"Brexiters are still fighting the referendum"????? They won.

Anti EU? No, just wish to leave the club.
Anti-immigrant? No, just equality for all migrants. (The same proportion of immigrant-origin voters voted to leave.)

EMR Aug 29th 2016 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12038057)
:goodpost:

How do our brexit supporters of democracy react to thr possibility that the parliamentary procedures and traditions dating back to magna carta hard fought for by past generations may be circumvented by the ultra brexiters in government who do not want a brexit bill put to a vote parliament.
Do you believe in democracy or rule by a few politicians.
That was one of your biggest complaints about the EU was it not ?

Red Eric Aug 29th 2016 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12038028)
I'm more than happy to debate/discuss things like the Brexit terms etc but have very little if any patience with the Remainiacs (as opposed to the Remainers) who squeal for a 2nd referendum because they didn't get what they wanted the fist time around or who insist the house of vermin in ermine can & will refuse to allow Brexit etc etc etc.

The fact is the majority voted out & that's what'll happen whether they like it or not......so maybe we should get over that part of the debate & instead discuss the pros & cons of what we'd like to happen in the various parts of the Brexit negotiations.

I diagnose a bug in the software. It keeps resetting to default and then chucking out this spurious error message.

Nobody here is squealing. Nobody is even suggesting that a 2nd go at the same referendum should happen. Nobody is saying the Houses of Commons or Lords will do anything (though some are saying that due process needs to be observed and that there is, at least in theory, some way in which the government could be delayed in triggering Article 50 until it has provided a satisfactory outline of what it will be aiming for in the negotiations).

We're simply discussing the facts, such as they are, at this point. Project Reality. If you don't allow for the above it is you and your fellow insult-posters who are "in denial" (as I believe you like to put it), not us. It may well go to the House of Commons for debate and there may well eventually be provision for a referendum on the outcome of the negotiations. These are distinct possibilities, not crybaby lefty butthurt remainiac squeals.

mfesharne Aug 29th 2016 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12038104)
Some of your points are not related to leaving the EU.

We will still have the HRA and be signatories to the ECHR.

Why Zimbabwe and South Africa?

Death penalty--death for a death? Eye for an Eye---civilised?? (I am not a lefty--was a Lib/Dem member!)

Para 1: They're all related to leaving the EU because once out, the UK can do exactly as it likes without EU interference & that includes withdrawing from the ECHR...... actually especially withdrawing from the ECHR.

Para 2: Once out the UK can & I'd have thought probably would scrap the HRA quite quickly because it's so unpopular & so often abused by the likes of immigrant criminals fighting deportation on the stupid 'right to family life' thing.

Would they withdraw from the ECHR? - Maybe, maybe not but once independent, the UK can do so if it so wishes & I'm sure they'll be sufficient calls to warrant debate.

Para 3: Not just SA & Zim but including them. The white populations are under immense pressure & barely a day goes by that whites, especially white farmers are tortured & murdered in the most appalling ways. SA is classified as being at stage 6 of 8 stages of genocide but despite that & despite the UK will let the world & his coffee coloured muslim dog in they make it virtually impossible for white Africans to get in.

Those white Africans are generally far better educated, much closer related to the UK by way of culture & religion & pretty much always have an immensely strong work ethic........ but as I said, despite all those things, it's virtually impossible for them to get anything more than a short term work visa & even harder to get residency or asylum.

and those people would integrate far better into UK society than the vast majority of those that are currently entering.

If you want to know more about the plight just Google something like 'SA Farm Murders' & you'll see how horrific the situation is.

mfesharne Aug 29th 2016 6:27 pm

Sorry. I missed para 4.

Not death for a death or eye for an eye necessarily.

I believe the death penalty should be available for some crimes/ criminals.

For example Levi Bellfield & the two bastards that sawed the head off of Lee Rigby.

EMR Aug 29th 2016 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12038168)
Para 1: They're all related to leaving the EU because once out, the EU can do exactly as it likes without EU interference & that includes withdrawing from the ECHR...... actually especially withdrawing from the ECHR.

Para 2: Once out the UK can & I'd have thought probably would scrap the HRA quite quickly because it's so unpopular & so often abused by the likes of immigrant criminals fighting deportation on the stupid 'right to family life' thing.

Would they withdraw from the ECHR? - Maybe, maybe not but once independent, the UK can do so if it so wishes & I'm sure they'll be sufficient calls to warrant debate.

Para 3: Not just SA & Zim but including them. The white populations are under immense pressure & barely a day goes by that whites, especially white farmers are tortured & murdered in the most appalling ways. SA is classified as being at stage 6 of 8 stages of genocide but despite that & despite the UK will let the world & his coffee coloured muslim dog in they make it virtually impossible for white Africans to get in.

Those white Africans are generally far better educated, much closer related to the UK by way of culture & religion & pretty much always have an immensely strong work ethic........ but as I said, despite all those things, it's virtually impossible for them to get anything more than a short term work visa & even harder to get residency or asylum.

and those people would integrate far better into UK society than the vast majority of those that are currently entering.

If you want to know more about the plight just Google something like 'SA Farm Murders' & you'll see how horrific the situation is.

Given the years of repression arpartheid, judicial murder, school children shot down in the townships a reaction against the white minority should come as no suprise.
I know some who emigrated to white SA for the good life and to escape the multi racial, multi ethnic UK who could not wait to come back.
Unfortunately they did not always leave their predjudices behind them..They chose to live in SA the UK owes them nothing.