British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

jimenato Aug 29th 2016 9:47 am

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12037802)
I can do no better than to quote FL who so eloquently said:

Yes - I saw that.

It's interesting that remainers want a say either through parliament or a second referendum on the terms of Brexit while leavers seem quite happy to accept whatever is done to them.

Do you really have no interest in having a say in seeing through what you voted for?

TBH you might as well stop commenting if you are simply willing to be led by the nose - your involvement is at an end.

DaveLovesDee Aug 29th 2016 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12037796)
For Eric who is still in denial about the purpose of post referendum EU meetings.

No place for UK as summit invites EU's 27 other leaders - ITV News

Also for those who claim we should be taking part in EU post referendum meetings/discussions.

:cool:

From your link, which is dated June 2016;

An EU official confirmed Mr Tusk will host the leaders of the 27 other members of the bloc on Wednesday.
Mr Cameron is due to attend only the first day of a scheduled two-day EU summit on Tuesday before the leaders discuss Britain's exit the following day.
Try reading the article, Dick. The second day was to discuss the EU's position on Brexit. Why would the opposing party be invited to those internal discussions.

Old news Dick.

Vexcore Aug 29th 2016 9:52 am

*SIGN*

This thread... still butt hurt remainers?

__________-
Look at it this way... at the end of the day any shit goes down with the EU has NOTHING TO DO WITH US.. (ONCE WE HAVE 100% BREXIT)

* They cant tell us what to do.
* They cant say *you must take in a certain amount of immigrants* (GET LOST MERKEL)
* They can no longer ruin our laws, the fisherman/farmers etc (THEY'RE OUR WATERS & LAND)
* Any law they want to create or use on our land will no longer be valid
* Christ... ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE EU, will no longer be valid...
* Maybe i can get a new vacuum with some serious power? lol...

So i'm a say this..... *KEEP CALM AND F**K THE EUROPEAN UNION*

Dick Dasterdly Aug 29th 2016 9:53 am

As the EU clearly no longer accepts us as a full participating member should we still be contributing who knows how many billions when the next bill comes in, to the EU black hole economy ? :unsure:

DaveLovesDee Aug 29th 2016 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12037818)
*SIGN*

Dick Dasterdly Aug 29th 2016 10:05 am

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12037813)
Yes - I saw that.

It's interesting that remainers want a say either through parliament or a second referendum on the terms of Brexit while leavers seem quite happy to accept whatever is done to them.

Do you really have no interest in having a say in seeing through what you voted for?

TBH you might as well stop commenting if you are simply willing to be led by the nose - your involvement is at an end.

Not true.

There are several post Brexit discussions and pressure groups involving pro leave campaigners ongoing at the present time.

The only ones who have been lead by the nose down a dead end street are the remainder of the Remainers who are still in denial. :cool:

By the way dld, rubbish musical videos might provide you with a much needed diversion, but they certainly don't add anything of note to the discussion.

Dick Dasterdly Aug 29th 2016 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12037818)
*SIGN*

This thread... still butt hurt remainers?

__________-
Look at it this way... at the end of the day any shit goes down with the EU has NOTHING TO DO WITH US.. (ONCE WE HAVE 100% BREXIT)

* They cant tell us what to do.
* They cant say *you must take in a certain amount of immigrants* (GET LOST MERKEL)
* They can no longer ruin our laws, the fisherman/farmers etc (THEY'RE OUR WATERS & LAND)
* Any law they want to create or use on our land will no longer be valid
* Christ... ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE EU, will no longer be valid...
* Maybe i can get a new vacuum with some serious power? lol...

So i'm a say this..... *KEEP CALM AND F**K THE EUROPEAN UNION*

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes Vexcore, they are clearly still hurting bad and need to get it out of their systems, but not to worry, they are a dying breed and much like the EU itself I don't think it will be too much longer before they become a totally extinct species. ;)

DaveLovesDee Aug 29th 2016 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12037829)
By the way dld, rubbish musical videos might provide you with a much needed diversion, but they certainly don't add anything of note to the discussion.

It was a play on words. Use the :cool: smiley if you need it explained to you.

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12037840)
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes Vexcore, they are clearly still hurting bad and need to get it out of their systems, but not to worry, they are a dying breed and much like the EU itself I don't think it will be too much longer before they become a totally extinct species. ;)

I think the EU will prosper without the UK holding it back.

Dick Dasterdly Aug 29th 2016 11:00 am

On a lighter note......

Red Eric Aug 29th 2016 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12037761)
And you can't see the irony in that statement? :ohmy:

Of course I can spot irony when I use it.

I'm very glad you're beginning to come around to my point of view that it matters very much who said what exactly, though. My time here has not been wasted.

mfesharne Aug 29th 2016 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12037813)
Yes - I saw that.

TBH, I'll stop commenting when I want to not when you want me to.

The truth is no matter how much whining the remainiacs do, they were outvoted in a democratic referendum & they need to accept that because it simply ain't gonna change.

Vexcore Aug 29th 2016 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12037864)
I think the EU will prosper without the UK holding it back.

LOL - LOL - LOL

DaveLovesDee Aug 29th 2016 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12037925)
The truth is no matter how much whining the remainiacs do, they were outvoted in a democratic referendum & they need to accept that because it simply ain't gonna change.

I accept that the Leave vote won, and that this will not be changed.

I accept that the UK will leave the EU.

You should accept that it's human nature to continue discussing things after the fact, win or lose.

mfesharne Aug 29th 2016 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12038013)
I accept that the Leave vote won, and that this will not be changed.

I accept that the UK will leave the EU.

You should accept that it's human nature to continue discussing things after the fact, win or lose.

I'm more than happy to debate/discuss things like the Brexit terms etc but have very little if any patience with the Remainiacs (as opposed to the Remainers) who squeal for a 2nd referendum because they didn't get what they wanted the fist time around or who insist the house of vermin in ermine can & will refuse to allow Brexit etc etc etc.

The fact is the majority voted out & that's what'll happen whether they like it or not......so maybe we should get over that part of the debate & instead discuss the pros & cons of what we'd like to happen in the various parts of the Brexit negotiations.

Fredbargate Aug 29th 2016 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12038028)
I'm more than happy to debate/discuss things like the Brexit terms etc but have very little if any patience with the Remainiacs (as opposed to the Remainers) who squeal for a 2nd referendum because they didn't get what they wanted the fist time around or who insist the house of vermin in ermine can & will refuse to allow Brexit etc etc etc.

The fact is the majority voted out & that's what'll happen whether they like it or not......so maybe we should get over that part of the debate & instead discuss the pros & cons of what we'd like to happen in the various parts of the Brexit negotiations.

:goodpost: