British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

mmmmbuti Aug 29th 2016 4:26 am

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12037451)
Really. Again.

The quote you attribute to Monnet has been proven to have come from someone else a number of times. Yet you say Remain peddles lies.

That's exactly why he is in my ignore list. Others who voted Leave are interesting to read, but he is just a broken disk that keeps spreading propaganda & lies without even reading what you write. The second you prove the lie, he stops answering, but the next day he is back with the same exact lie. He is just a waste of time.

Scamp Aug 29th 2016 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12037420)
Possibly the saddest thing of all is that the Remainers either haven't got a clue what the Eu is all about or else hide their heads under the blankets whenever its main aims and intentions are brought out into the open.

“Europe’s nations should be guided towards the superstate without their people understanding what is happening.
This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation.”
Jean Monnet.

You, Dick, are the saddest thing of all.

jimenato Aug 29th 2016 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12037646)
You, Dick, are the saddest thing of all.

Have to agree. Nothing useful to say, just repeatedly spewing meaningless drivel over and again. The broken record comment was apt. Not on my ignore list because interesting and has good points to make on other subjects but on this one - doesn't say anything significant - not worth bothering with.

mfesharne Aug 29th 2016 7:25 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12037451)
Really. Again.

You make the same bullshit comments on a regular basis, all of which have been previously shown to be wrong. Or are ones that don't apply to the UK, such as closer political union, joining the Euro, or becoming part of the Schengen area.

Really. Again.

The quote you attribute to Monnet has been proven to have come from someone else a number of times. Yet you say Remain peddles lies.

Cut the crap. Better still, let's move past arguing whether the EU is good or bad. There was a referendum, and the majority vote was to Leave. The reasons why arfe now irrelevant, now is the time to figure out what Leave will actually be.

Whether it was Monnet or Hilton or someone else who said it is (to me at least) actually irrelevant.

What is relevant is that someone should express such an alarming idea & it's a good example of how corrupt the EU concept truly is.

Big Brother has arrived & the sooner society kicks him into touch the better it'll be.

Red Eric Aug 29th 2016 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12037375)
The Eu have been the only ones panicking since the referendum with repeated crisis meetings in the desperate hope of limiting the damage and stopping a chain effect of leavers.

:yawn: Now there's a revelation. EU leaders have meetings to discuss the important matters of the day.

Actually Dick, the people who are sounding the most panicky at the moment are those who are repeatedly urging for Article 50 to be triggered BEFORE the UK has sorted itself out as to how it is going to approach all of this. And my guess is they will be the ones shouting the loudest during and after the negotiations if things don't go the way they want.

The first hurdle Teresa May has to overcome is whether she can get away with not putting a motion through Parliament, as she has apparently been advised is possible. My guess is that even some Leavers might baulk at that one.

Dick Dasterdly Aug 29th 2016 8:52 am

British sovereignty depends on leaving the EU and the Single Market

The reason why the UK has absolutely no need to be held to ransom by a bunch of self elected,self serving bureaucrats in Brussels.

Can any Remainer give me a single credible reason why they prepared to be governed by such people ?

We don't want the disastrous schengen and open border policies which have already caused so much heartache and misery throughout the Eu and which are already on the rocks, with most countries, including the chief instigators are already abandoning it.
It is no longer a subject even worthy of negotiation.
Is it really such a terrible sin for a govt to put lives and the security of its citizens ahead of border controls ?

We don't need the single market either. All of those countries currently benefiting from it at our expense will be straight back knocking at our door the moment we have wiped our hands of it and in any event business can continue as normal under the auspices of the WTO.
In any event tariffs in today's Global economy are no longer a major factor.

Here's to freedom, independence and self rule as well as calling the corrupt Eu's bluff, because let's face it they don't have a single card in their hand still worth playing and their main concern from now on is simply damage limitation in regard to the rest of their members who are teetering on the brink of following the UK lead.

By the way, the insults and personal remarks are water on a ducks back and simply further expose the frustration of those Remainers who are fast losing sight of a single straw to grasp on. :cool:

mfesharne Aug 29th 2016 9:06 am

Interesting piece here:

Legal chancers and arrogant mandarins WON'T stop Brexit | Daily Mail Online

As for should the Brexit have further debate: I'd say absolutely not. The point of the referendum was to hear the voice of the people & the people's voice has now been heard so now is the time for Brexit negotiations & when concluded within the stipulated period, to leave NOT for further debate.

Red Eric Aug 29th 2016 9:18 am

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12037689)
Whether it was Monnet or Hilton or someone else who said it is (to me at least) actually irrelevant.

What is relevant is that someone should express such an alarming idea & it's a good example of how corrupt the EU concept truly is.

I don't care who said what or if it was said at all. To my mind if someone said someone else said something, that's enough to prove how disgraceful and corrupt it all is.

mfesharne Aug 29th 2016 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12037747)
I don't care who said what or if it was said at all. To my mind if someone said someone else said something, that's enough to prove how disgraceful and corrupt it all is.

And you can't see the irony in that statement? :ohmy:

jimenato Aug 29th 2016 9:55 am

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12037743)
Interesting piece here:

Legal chancers and arrogant mandarins WON'T stop Brexit | Daily Mail Online

As for should the Brexit have further debate: I'd say absolutely not. The point of the referendum was to hear the voice of the people & the people's voice has now been heard so now is the time for Brexit negotiations & when concluded within the stipulated period, to leave NOT for further debate.

So - whatever happens now - you don't want any more say in it.

Wol Aug 29th 2016 9:57 am

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12037761)
And you can't see the irony in that statement? :ohmy:

Plus one!

Dick Dasterdly Aug 29th 2016 10:31 am

For Eric who is still in denial about the purpose of post referendum EU meetings.

No place for UK as summit invites EU's 27 other leaders - ITV News

Also for those who claim we should be taking part in EU post referendum meetings/discussions.

:cool:

mfesharne Aug 29th 2016 10:38 am

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12037775)
So - whatever happens now - you don't want any more say in it.

I can do no better than to quote FL who so eloquently said:

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12037078)
Didn't politicians already do that before Brexit or no Brexit? Before Brexit when was the last time the public had a say in anything that Politicians decide?
Did they have a say on sending troops to Iraq and Afghanistan?
Did they have a say in how many non EU migrants they would accept every year?
Did they have a say in the last time the VAT was raised?
Did they have a say on the Good Friday Peace Accord that essentially gave many IRA prisoners a get out of jail free card?

Yes what will happen if and when article 50 is ever triggered nobody really knows but don't feel for one moment that any Government always makes decisions that are palatable to the general public.

DaveLovesDee Aug 29th 2016 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Wol (Post 12037504)
By "meaningful" I mean in the way that the EU is governed, and that is not and never will be on the table.

The UK has a representative on the EU Commission, nominated by the UK Prime Minister (though our representative resigned after the referendum). The same level of representation as the other 27 EU member states.

The UK has representation in the EU Council of Ministers. The same level of representation as the other 27 EU member states, usually the Prime Minister or Cabinet member responsible for the area being discussed.

The UK has representation in the EU Parliament of 73 MEP's, elected by the UKJ electorate every 5 years.. A similar level of representation to the other 27 EU member states based on population.

EU member states take turns to hold the Presidency of the EU. It's the UK's turn in 2 years time.

How much of the above do you want to reform? Actually, we're leaving the EU, so it's irrelevant :p

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12037732)
The reason why the UK has absolutely no need to be held to ransom by a bunch of self elected,self serving bureaucrats in Brussels.

Who's self-elected? All of the above in my response to Wol's post are either elected by the public (MEP's) or appointed by national leaders and ratified by MEP's.

[/quote]Can any Remainer give me a single credible reason why they prepared to be governed by such people ?[/quote]

I'm not governed by the EU.

I am required to follow local authority by-laws, Welsh government and UK government laws, and EU rules. The latter rules tend to benefit my life much more than any of the other rules.

[/quote]We don't want the disastrous schengen and open border policies[/quote]

Luckily for us, we don't have them, and have a permanent opt-out from them until we actually Leave.

[/quote]We don't need the single market either. All of those countries currently benefiting from it at our expense will be straight back knocking at our door the moment we have wiped our hands of it and in any event business can continue as normal under the auspices of the WTO.
In any event tariffs in today's Global economy are no longer a major factor.[/quote]

Excellent. Any evidence to support this?

[/quote]Here's to freedom, independence and self rule as well as calling the corrupt Eu's bluff, because let's face it they don't have a single card in their hand still worth playing and their main concern from now on is simply damage limitation in regard to the rest of their members who are teetering on the brink of following the UK lead.[/quote]

Give it up Dick. The UK is the world's 6th largest economy BECAUSE we're a member of the EU. We were 5th, but Leave won the referendum.

Dick Dasterdly Aug 29th 2016 10:45 am

From the same link....

The EU Blame game begins. :lol:

"Poland's ruling Law and Justice party leader Jaroslaw Kaczynski has blamed European Council President Donald Tusk for Britain's vote to leave the EU, and called for him to disappear from European politics.

Mr Kaczynski told local media: "A particularly dark role was played by Donald Tusk, who conducted negotiations with the British and in fact contributed to them getting nothing.

"Hence, he is directly responsible for Brexit and should simply disappear from European politics. But this concerns the whole of European Commission in its present composition."

Well at least a touch of honesty there regarding the outcome of the pre referendum negotiations.

Whether he is also suggesting that the EU Commission should also disappear, I'm not quite sure, but to my mind it seems quite a good idea. :nod: