British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

mfesharne Aug 27th 2016 8:48 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12036584)
So you didn't have a clue what you voted for then. You have no idea what deal will be struck and therefore you cannot possibly have any idea if it will be better or worse than before.

And you aren't going to get an opportunity to have a say in it - more than that you don't want one - no second referendum - you are going to have to simply accept whatever happens next.

Bizarre.

A very cavalier attitude to democracy.

I know exactly what I voted for which was an independent UK free from unelected EUSSR dictators.

You Sheeple might not like it but that's democracy for you.

jimenato Aug 27th 2016 8:52 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12036579)

Baaaaaaaaaaaa

Are you drunk?

Dick Dasterdly Aug 27th 2016 9:00 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12036567)
Its also quite well known that all of that is simply made-up nonsense. We need to focus on damage control now. What would you suggest?

That's your problem, but with the current state of increasing unrest and dissatisfaction throughout the Eu, you're going to have one hell of a job trying to hold it all together. :cool:

Dick Dasterdly Aug 27th 2016 9:01 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12036586)
I know exactly what I voted for which was an independent UK free from unelected EUSSR dictators.

You Sheeple might not like it but that's democracy for you.


:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

DaveLovesDee Aug 27th 2016 9:11 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12036570)
Good question........ How about we settle on our own unique deal because the EU can no longer dictate about what can & cannot be done?

The answer can't be figured out until A50 is triggered because only then can the negotiations begin.

The UK has to figure out what end result it wants to achieve before A50 is triggered.

We know that Leave wants no free movement. How much is the UK prepared to give up if the EU doesn't agree to this?

The 4 options still apply.

Dick Dasterdly Aug 27th 2016 9:55 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12036597)
The UK has to figure out what end result it wants to achieve before A50 is triggered.

We know that Leave wants no free movement. How much is the UK prepared to give up if the EU doesn't agree to this?

The 4 options still apply.

The U.K. doesn't have to give anything up if it doesn't so desire.
Its no longer prepared to be dictated to by a bunch of overpaid, unelected, ham fisted clowns and can take whatever action suits, whenever it so desires.

One simple example would be simply to repeal the 1972 Eu community act which would bring about a clean break from EU bureaucracy and dictatorship, leaving us free to negotiate any new deals from a clean sheet.
Bearing in mind who needs whom most, it could be an attractive option.

Seriously who cares anymore what the EU wants or agrees to ?
The S.Eu counties are now talking about doing their own thing regardless of Brussels bureaucracy, while E.Eu countries have already clearly shown they're no longer prepared to be dictated to, and threaten as they might, there's not a damned thing Brussels can do about it.

Their bluff has been called and they haven't the faintest clue what to do next, with problems and chaos on their every horizon. :cool:

Wol Aug 28th 2016 12:28 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12031228)
Oh, Dick, you just did it again! It's common knowledge that Jean Monnet never said any such thing. Those are the words of an ultra conservative author, who wrote that in the late 1990s.

Your Daily Express style claims of EU armageddon are troubling.

Far scarier than anything having to do with the EU, is the influence the sensationalist tabloids have over voters. Democracy bent over and ravaged by political rapists.

Yes, it's been around for ages and denied.

However:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...prison-island/

And

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altiero_Spinelli

Not to mention:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/books/wha...ts-nobel-priz/

Wol Aug 28th 2016 12:32 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12036613)
The U.K. doesn't have to give anything up if it doesn't so desire.
Its no longer prepared to be dictated to by a bunch of overpaid, unelected, ham fisted clowns and can take whatever action suits, whenever it so desires

Its no longer prepared to be dictated to by a bunch of overpaid, elected, ham fisted clowns

At least they will be our clowns :sneaky:

GeniB Aug 28th 2016 1:28 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12036613)
The U.K. doesn't have to give anything up if it doesn't so desire.
Its no longer prepared to be dictated to by a bunch of overpaid, unelected, ham fisted clowns and can take whatever action suits, whenever it so desires.

One simple example would be simply to repeal the 1972 Eu community act which would bring about a clean break from EU bureaucracy and dictatorship, leaving us free to negotiate any new deals from a clean sheet.
Bearing in mind who needs whom most, it could be an attractive option.

Seriously who cares anymore what the EU wants or agrees to ?
The S.Eu counties are now talking about doing their own thing regardless of Brussels bureaucracy, while E.Eu countries have already clearly shown they're no longer prepared to be dictated to, and threaten as they might, there's not a damned thing Brussels can do about it.

Their bluff has been called and they haven't the faintest clue what to do next, with problems and chaos on their every horizon. :cool:


Don't you think it's more like the UK who is calling the 'bluff'? It's the UK who hasn't got a clue right now.. Our politicians just keep banging the same drum as before BREXIT.. but now without being able to mention the traditional scapegoat.EU. We all want to know what a post B looks like in reality.? Whats the B****y plan? How are the business's able to plan forward? What are our competitors doing? How can we plan into a void? I don't want to know what Theresa May's shoes look like.I want to know what her blueprint for the future is.As I suspect does 99% of UK business.
Having just come back from the USA I am pretty shocked at how little has been achieved in a month. and how little some people on here have been able to come up with..apart from the continuous and pointless 'ya boo sucks to you EU rhetoric.' It's done. What now?

Scamp Aug 28th 2016 4:31 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12036560)
:rofl:

The simple fact is that most of the Remainers were totally ignorant of the inner devious and deceitful workings of the EU and were dumb enough to swallow the lies and garbage that the media were churning out on behalf of Cameron and co.

Now that most of the myths, lies and fears of Armageddon have been blown away, many of them have finally come to their senses and the margin of those in favour of Brexit has clearly increased.

Unfortunately a hardcore of EU flat earthers still remain, though I've yet to hear any one of them give a single credible reason in favour of the U.K. remaining part of the ongoing, increasingly chaotic and corrupt nightmare that is today's EU.
:cool:


Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12036564)
Those so-called devious and deceitful workings were disproved a number of times. One day, you may even find a publisher for your fiction. :p

:rofl: DLD, no point. I think Dick actually believes the stuff that pops into his head as 'fact'. Maybe if he were to take the tin foil hat off it might help.


Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12036584)
So you didn't have a clue what you voted for then. You have no idea what deal will be struck and therefore you cannot possibly have any idea if it will be better or worse than before.

And you aren't going to get an opportunity to have a say in it - more than that you don't want one - no second referendum - you are going to have to simply accept whatever happens next.

Bizarre.

A very cavalier attitude to democracy.

You're wasting your breath / fingers when you consider this is the level of idiot you're dealing with;


Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12036586)
I know exactly what I voted for which was an independent UK free from unelected EUSSR dictators.

You Sheeple might not like it but that's democracy for you.


mfesharne Aug 28th 2016 5:10 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12036597)
The UK has to figure out what end result it wants to achieve before A50 is triggered.

We know that Leave wants no free movement. How much is the UK prepared to give up if the EU doesn't agree to this?

The 4 options still apply.

No free movement doesn't mean no movement...... just controlled movement as in if you have a job or an income & if you can prove you're not going to be a drain on or a threat to UK society then you're very welcome & it isn't about the EU agreeing to it at all........ They'll have to like it or lump it just like the remainers do. :)

That does however beg the question of what will the EU do with regard to other agreements if their nose is out of joint on the controlled movement but those other agreements will probably be tit for tat anyway.

The point is the post Brexit UK will make it's own decisions which is what the majority voted for & also incidentally why it won't be bound by the 4 options you mention.

jimenato Aug 28th 2016 7:36 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12036815)
No free movement doesn't mean no movement...... just controlled movement as in if you have a job or an income & if you can prove you're not going to be a drain on or a threat to UK society then you're very welcome & it isn't about the EU agreeing to it at all........ They'll have to like it or lump it just like the remainers do. :)

That does however beg the question of what will the EU do with regard to other agreements if their nose is out of joint on the controlled movement but those other agreements will probably be tit for tat anyway.

The point is the post Brexit UK will make it's own decisions which is what the majority voted for & also incidentally why it won't be bound by the 4 options you mention.

How do you know that?

mfesharne Aug 28th 2016 7:52 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12036874)
How do you know that?

Because that's pretty much the definition of controlled movement which (going by what I read in the media etc) is what most of the leave majority seem to want & pretty much what I think will happen.

But of course that's nothing more than personal opinion & no-one actually knows what will happen because negotiations haven't even begun yet & they can only start after A50 is triggered.

My point is stopping free movement doesn't mean no movement.

DaveLovesDee Aug 28th 2016 8:16 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12036815)
No free movement doesn't mean no movement...... just controlled movement as in if you have a job or an income & if you can prove you're not going to be a drain on or a threat to UK society then you're very welcome & it isn't about the EU agreeing to it at all........ They'll have to like it or lump it just like the remainers do. :)

That does however beg the question of what will the EU do with regard to other agreements if their nose is out of joint on the controlled movement but those other agreements will probably be tit for tat anyway.

The point is the post Brexit UK will make it's own decisions which is what the majority voted for & also incidentally why it won't be bound by the 4 options you mention.

I'm very aware of this.

The EU and UK will either agree or not. It will depend on whether the things being asked for are reasonable.

If the UK isn't going to end up with one of the 4 options I mentioned, what do you think the outcome will be? All I see is 'want, want, want' and 'the UK doesn't have to give anything up'. The latter is somewhat correct, but neither does the EU have to give anything up either. Why is why a clean break onto WTO rules is the simplest and quickest Brexit option.

jimenato Aug 28th 2016 8:26 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12036883)
Because that's pretty much the definition of controlled movement which (going by what I read in the media etc) is what most of the leave majority seem to want & pretty much what I think will happen.

But of course that's nothing more than personal opinion & no-one actually knows what will happen because negotiations haven't even begun yet & they can only start after A50 is triggered.

My point is stopping free movement doesn't mean no movement.

So basically you haven't got a clue - you're just guessing. You actually have no idea about, and no influence whatever over what is to come.


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:08 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.