Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Jul 24th 2017, 10:58 am
EU hoo

iano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

UK chickens could be saved by a Fox, who'd have thunk it.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 11:19 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iano View Post
UK chickens could be saved by a Fox, who'd have thunk it.
More likely, UK chickens killed off by a Fox in favour of US ones .

The US mega agri business will be lobbying for a relaxation of EU bans as part of any trade deal with The UK.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 11:48 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Assanah View Post
And, btw, it is the economic growth of the EU (sic!!) China, and Japan that makes up for the sluggish economies of the US and the UK.

Good-bye UK, with your slowly growing economy you have nothing to add to the EU. We don't need "useless" economies in the EU and we don't need "useless" people such as retirees in the EU. Only rich and highly skilled will get visas and continue to have the freedom of movement. Just like in good old times!!
GDP growth (annual %) | Data

The UK's economy has been broadly similar to Germany and France since 2000.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 11:50 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
I hope you mind me saying so but you sound exactly like an extreme Brexiter to me, what with all those trite phrases you trot out. A mega conversion.
To an extreme remainer, anyone in the center like me would seem an extreme Brexiter.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 12:14 pm
EU hoo

iano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post

The UK's economy has been broadly similar to Germany and France since 2000.
According to your graph, UK growth has been slowing since 2014, while German and French growth has been in the ascendancy. The IMF downgrade of its UK growth forecast suggests it's going to continue heading in the same direction, i.e downwards.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 12:31 pm
Democracy advocate

Originally Posted by iano View Post
According to your graph, UK growth has been slowing since 2014, while German and French growth has been in the ascendancy. The IMF downgrade of its UK growth forecast suggests it's going to continue heading in the same direction, i.e downwards.
Is that the 2014 that was two years before the referendum vote?

Is that the IMF that remainers ignore when they said that Sterling was up to 20% over-valued prior to the referendum?

It shows that each economy has annual ups and downs and that they are all broadly similar - try adding the euro-area - here:

The idea that the UK's economy has been or will be "useless" is the usual extreme-remainer hyperbole.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned elsewhere on BE today (and I know it is off-topic) but I would like to interrupt for a moment to congratulate Chris Froome on his magnificent victory on the Tour de France.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 2:22 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by la mancha View Post
I don’t know if it’s been mentioned elsewhere on BE today (and I know it is off-topic) but I would like to interrupt for a moment to congratulate Chris Froome on his magnificent victory on the Tour de France.
Inside an EU country, as well!

Old Jul 24th 2017, 2:25 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by la mancha View Post
He'll need a work permit to do that once we've left the EU.

So will any EU-national sportsperson wanting to work in the UK (unless free movement stays in place).
Old Jul 24th 2017, 2:53 pm
Democracy advocate

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
He'll need a work permit to do that once we've left the EU.

So will any EU-national sportsperson wanting to work in the UK (unless free movement stays in place).
Makes one wonder how Murray plays tennis in the US, or Nadal plays tennis in Australia, or indeed how the Americans and Aussies managed to cycle in the Tour.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 3:02 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Makes one wonder how Murray plays tennis in the US, or Nadal plays tennis in Australia, or indeed how the Americans and Aussies managed to cycle in the Tour.
They get visas, as far as I know.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Pish.

And fie.
Or in my case, Fish. And Pie. Since I'm off to the UK tonight. And on Wednesday I'm heading for Zone 2 despite my lack of financial qualifications, so I'll let you know how it goes.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 3:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

English women won the women's cricket world cup yesterday at Lords.
Their opponents managed to fill in the visas forms!!
Old Jul 24th 2017, 3:42 pm
Democracy advocate

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
They get visas, as far as I know.
Sounds like the free-movement of labour won't be terminal for sports stars then.

(and yes, I added the - especially for you).
Old Jul 24th 2017, 4:37 pm

Sounds like the free-movement of labour won't be terminal for sports stars then.

(and yes, I added the - especially for you).
Actually, the end of free-movement, at least within the EU for British-athletes.

Unless of course it doesn't end, and we just end up with a distinction without a difference, except for the vast amount of expense caused by this whole debacle.

It also seems to be eating away at people's sense of humour

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.