Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Jul 24th 2017, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

And, btw, it is the economic growth of the EU (sic!!) China, and Japan that makes up for the sluggish economies of the US and the UK.

Good-bye UK, with your slowly growing economy you have nothing to add to the EU. We don't need "useless" economies in the EU and we don't need "useless" people such as retirees in the EU. Only rich and highly skilled will get visas and continue to have the freedom of movement. Just like in good old times!!
Old Jul 24th 2017, 7:36 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
I was answering a poster who seemed to imply that Brexit and the end of 'free' movement would be the end of all movement of workers and others unless they were part of an elite.
It will be, won't it?

What sort of UK citizens are going to have either the skills which are in demand but can't be found anywhere else in the EU or the pots of money which will be required over and above the current requirement to have sufficient means not to be a burden on the state?

Answer : Elite UK citizens. With a possible exception for UK spouses of EU citizens, if EU member states are nice enough not to reciprocate the UK's income requirements.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 8:02 am
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Assanah View Post
And, btw, it is the economic growth of the EU (sic!!) China, and Japan that makes up for the sluggish economies of the US and the UK.

Good-bye UK, with your slowly growing economy you have nothing to add to the EU. We don't need "useless" economies in the EU and we don't need "useless" people such as retirees in the EU. Only rich and highly skilled will get visas and continue to have the freedom of movement. Just like in good old times!!
My goodnes - after 20,357 posts..... a Bullseye!!!
Old Jul 24th 2017, 8:22 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Assanah View Post

What, no fruit picking jobs !
Old Jul 24th 2017, 8:30 am
EU hoo

iano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
What, no fruit picking jobs !
They'll all be taken by experienced carrot and daffodil pickers.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 8:37 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Who produced the Brexit propaganda, the lies, opportunist politicians who contributed very little to the economy, to job creation, to the wealth of the country.
Who misled those in the less affluent areas of the country into believing that it was the EU who is responsible or that their lot in life will improve after brexit.
Politicians were lock-step behind Remain - all of the major parties were fully supporting remain (well, Corbyn wasn't, but he at least pretended-to).
Old Jul 24th 2017, 8:39 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian View Post
Can I (timidly) ask what he f*** you all hang about on this benighted thread for?

There are only a handful of posters who "contribute" to the "discussion" and of that handful, most are really rather stupid.

Are you all addicted to utterly pointless bickering about something over which you have no informed opinion and certainly no control?

Those of you who think they know how this farce will evolve are all wrong.

Except me.
Wise words - prior to the referendum I would not have wasted my time arguing with extreme Brexiters - like the overtly religious their position is a matter of faith and not logic. Ditto with these extreme remainers who are just a facsimile.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 8:47 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
Politicians were lock-step behind Remain - all of the major parties were fully supporting remain (well, Corbyn wasn't, but he at least pretended-to).
Politicians were lock stock etc where have you been for the past 20 years
Old Jul 24th 2017, 8:53 am
EU hoo

iano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond repute

prior to the referendum I would not have wasted my time arguing with extreme Brexiters - like the overtly religious their position is a matter of faith and not logic.
Oh, I did, and still do, because their winning the vote hasn't altered anything. As you rightly point out, the Brexiteer's position is one of blind faith and no logic.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 9:15 am
Democracy advocate

Originally Posted by iano View Post
Oh, I did, and still do, because their winning the vote hasn't altered anything. As you rightly point out, the Brexiteer's position is one of blind faith and no logic.
I pointed out that extreme Brexiters, like extreme remainers, had positions of faith and not logic.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 9:15 am
EMR
Banned

Politicians were lock stock etc where have you been for the past 20 years
Old Jul 24th 2017, 10:31 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Wise words - prior to the referendum I would not have wasted my time arguing with extreme Brexiters - like the overtly religious their position is a matter of faith and not logic. Ditto with these extreme remainers who are just a facsimile.
I hope you mind me saying so but you sound exactly like an extreme Brexiter to me, what with all those trite phrases you trot out. A mega conversion.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 10:49 am
EMR
Banned

As part of deal with the US Fox will have to agree to lifting the EU ban on chlorinated washed chicken imports from the US.
Bulk imports of US chicken chlorinated washed chicken expected to bring down price of chicken in the supermarkets.
Another reason to consider reducing my meat intake.
Not sure what UK poultry producers will think about that.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 10:56 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

As part of deal with the US Fox will have to agree to lifting the EU ban on chlorinated washed chicken imports from the US.
Bulk imports of US chicken chlorinated washed chicken expected to bring down price of chicken in the supermarkets.
Another reason to consider reducing my meat intake.
Not sure what UK poultry producers will think about that.
The first thing they'll do is start washing their own chickens in chlorine.

But don't worry - we won't need to buy British chicken. We'll have a tariff free, frictionless trade deal with the EU so we'll just buy our chickens from there instead.

Of course we won't be able to sell chickens to the EU but c'est la vie.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 10:57 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
I hope you mind me saying so but you sound exactly like an extreme Brexiter to me, what with all those trite phrases you trot out. A mega conversion.
Yup - Cape Blue, Vexcore - birds of a feather.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.