Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Jul 23rd 2017, 8:21 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

The whole federal phobia is rather laughable. And hypocritical too.

For all practical purposes, the UK is a federal state, with Westminster the "Washington DC" of the UK.

Nope, can't accept the notion of any kind of "central governance". Except in our case, of course.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 8:24 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
Or those who employ, provide the jobs, wealth of the country against self seeking politicians etc etc.
Out of interest, where do you get that from what I said?

I said:
Business leaders, bankers, politicians, unions, just about every Geldof-like luvvy you could point a stick at - it was clear the the political, cultural and economic elite were fully behind remain.

Brexiters? Well, I hear it every day on sites like this, they are the backward uneducated, poor types who will suffer so greatly outside of the EU.

So yes, it is pretty clear that it was ordinary proles against the elites.
i.e the business leaders, bankers and politicians were all on the same side and for remain, yet you seem to have read that is was business leaders on the opposite side to the politicians.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

The telegraph has always been a Eurosceptic, now brexit newspaper.

I knows the difference between federalism and community, do you ?

The Labour manifesto years before your link did not refer to community, yes or no.
Yes I know the difference between federalism and community, I was just pointing out the change of words during the drafting of the Constitutional Treaty/Lisbon Treaty.

Which Labour manifesto years before 2003 were you thinking of?
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 8:51 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post

I said:
i.e the business leaders, bankers and politicians were all on the same side and for remain, yet you seem to have read that is was business leaders on the opposite side to the politicians.
Who produced the Brexit propaganda, the lies, opportunist politicians who contributed very little to the economy, to job creation, to the wealth of the country.
Who misled those in the less affluent areas of the country into believing that it was the EU who is responsible or that their lot in life will improve after brexit..

The reason why, business, bankers etc are on the side of remain is like me hey believe that remaining was the best for the UK , it's prosperity , it people's, security etc.

Brexiters could not have won an argument based on the economy.
It is they who created the idea that a vote to leave was a vote against the so called elite , against the establishment , a vote for a better future for those you call polls..

One of the biggest con tricks in our history.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 9:02 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

I said:
Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Yes I know the difference between federalism and community, I was just pointing out the change of words during the drafting of the Constitutional Treaty/Lisbon Treaty.

Which Labour manifesto years before 2003 were you thinking of?
You have been suggesting in numerous posts that Labour renaged on a referendum promise to put the EU constitution to the british people.
You now confirm that there was a radical change from federalism to community.
It was the protests of the UK the Labour government and others that downgraded the wording.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 9:24 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Business leaders, bankers, politicians, unions, just about every Geldof-like luvvy you could point a stick at - it was clear the the political, cultural and economic elite were fully behind remain.

Brexiters? Well, I hear it every day on sites like this, they are the backward uneducated, poor types who will suffer so greatly outside of the EU.

So yes, it is pretty clear that it was ordinary proles against the elites.
Pish.

And fie.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 9:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

You have been suggesting in numerous posts that Labour renaged on a referendum promise to put the EU constitution to the british people.
You now confirm that there was a radical change from federalism to community.
It was the protests of the UK the Labour government and others that downgraded the wording.
EMR you do not read posts. I have said two or three times that the promise in the 2005 manifesto did not happen. How is that as you said above, years before 2003?

I did not confirm any actual changes from federalism to community.
I said the WORDING of the draft Constitutional Treaty had been changed by Giscard d'Estaing, is that what you mean by "downgraded"? It was just words to pacify the British and other governments.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 9:50 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR you do not read posts. I have said two or three times that the promise in the 2005 manifesto did not happen. How is that as you said above, years before 2003?

I did not confirm any actual changes from federalism to community.
I said the WORDING of the draft Constitutional Treaty had been changed by Giscard d'Estaing, is that what you mean by "downgraded"? It was just words to pacify the British and other governments.
You clearly do not understand the difference between federal and community if you think that it was just words to pacify the British and others.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 10:20 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Can I (timidly) ask what he f*** you all hang about on this benighted thread for?

There are only a handful of posters who "contribute" to the "discussion" and of that handful, most are really rather stupid.

Are you all addicted to utterly pointless bickering about something over which you have no informed opinion and certainly no control?

Those of you who think they know how this farce will evolve are all wrong.

Except me.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 10:21 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Well the final draft and the subsequent Lisbon Treaty uses the word "community" doesn't it!! How is that misrepresentation?

(I wasn't going to give links to both assume, you have read them!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federa...European_Union
refs14/15/16

Giscard's 'federal' ruse to protect Blair - Telegraph
My point, which you obviously either missed or ignored, was that your post I responded to didn't prove what you said it would. Again!
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 10:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
My point, which you obviously either missed or ignored, was that your post I responded to didn't prove what you said it would. Again!
What is your problem you and EMR? I pointed out the Giscard d'Estaing changed the text of his draft Constitutional Treaty. He changed the word 'federation' to 'community'! No reports can "prove" that unless copies of the original and changed text are published at the same time.

'Federal' cut from EU blueprint after Blair protests | The Independent

The link I put subsequent to your "didn't prove post" quoted Giscard d'Estaing himself. Are you saying all the reports are incorrect?

I give up!!
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 11:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Novocastrian View Post
Can I (timidly) ask what he f*** you all hang about on this benighted thread for?

There are only a handful of posters who "contribute" to the "discussion" and of that handful, most are really rather stupid.

Are you all addicted to utterly pointless bickering about something over which you have no informed opinion and certainly no control?

Those of you who think they know how this farce will evolve are all wrong.

Except me.
I respond to posts I disagree with because I have absolutely no self discipline.
I resolve not to look at the Forum and certainly not to respond to certain posters----but I do!
(However I assume the posters you refer to as "stupid" are the ones you disagree with.)
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 11:23 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

What is your problem you and EMR? I pointed out the Giscard d'Estaing changed the text of his draft Constitutional Treaty. He changed the word 'federation' to 'community'! No reports can "prove" that unless copies of the original and changed text are published at the same time.

The link I put subsequent to your "didn't prove post" quoted Giscard d'Estaing himself. Are you saying all the reports are incorrect?

I give up!!
Your link in the subsequent post did back-up the assertion in was querying in a previous post.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 11:40 pm
EMR
Banned

I give up!!
Finally then you accept that Labour did not deny the UK populace a referendum because there was nothing for them to put to the country.

As there was NO suggestion of federalism ..
Old Jul 24th 2017, 3:03 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Meanwhile...

As ‘Brexit’ Clock Ticks, U.K. Seems Adrift | New York Times

LONDON — One was accused of trying to sabotage Britain’s exit from the European Union and of treating colleagues like “pirates who have taken him prisoner.” Two others were described as “dangerous and deranged.” As for the man leading London’s talks on “Brexit,” he has been called “lazy as a toad” and “vain as Narcissus,” and his colleagues “government morons.”

Such descriptions of Britain’s leaders are perhaps not all that surprising, given the country’s often colorful political wars. Except they were issued not by opponents of the governing Conservative Party, whose lawmakers are negotiating the country’s departure from the 28-nation bloc, but by people in or close to it.

As discussions got serious this week in Brussels — amid open feuding, cabinet splits and confusion over policy objectives back in London — Britain’s handling of its most important negotiations since World War II was starting to look shambolic. Nearly four months after Prime Minister Theresa May invoked Article 50, starting the clock on a two-year window to negotiate Britain’s departure, little or nothing of substance has been accomplished.

With the British currency languishing, the standard of living progressively squeezed and investors starting to take fright, there is markedly less bravado in London about a new age of opportunities for a “global Britain.” Amid a growing sense of drift, gone is the talk of a “red, white and blue Brexit” — a reference to the colors of the national flag.

Read More

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.