Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Jul 14th 2017, 12:12 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
You mean he agreed with us !!
I need to sit down 😎
You need to remember some Brits can never reconcile themselves and accept that they are migrants. Migrants are foreigners,.
I am so so very sorry !!!
Going through the last 20 pages, I do NOT see any evidence that he voted remain !!!!
No idea why that was in my head, but I do apologize for this !

Old Jul 14th 2017, 12:42 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
I am so so very sorry !!!
Going through the last 20 pages, I do NOT see any evidence that he voted remain !!!!
No idea why that was in my head, but I do apologize for this !

You're probably mixing him up with me - the reasonable remainer.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 12:50 pm
EU hoo

iano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond repute

The club rules will be torn up, we shall discontinue our subs but retain the right to play golf on a Tuesday afternoon just as we've always done, have no fears.

The supreme negotiator will ensure the chocolate orange remains tightly wrapped throughout, have no fears about that either.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 1:10 pm
EU hoo

iano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond repute

New airline being set up in Vienna, easyJet Europe. 110 planes to be re-registered in Europe to protect flying rights in the EU.

As a result there's going to be plenty of jobs created in Austria, good for them.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles View Post

From a ExPat who has the freedom to live anywhere he/she want's , but votes OUT to deny others who are trying to better them selves & there families , off which a great many are escaping from countries where there's famine - wars - & religious persecution.
Personally I think the ExPats who voted out are no more no less a bunch off fricking hypocrites & they disgust me !
I agree. They should ( if they have any honor) give up their rights to live and work in the EU and return to the fatherland. They should live their Brexit wet dream in Britain and not on EU soil. Feel the reality of global Britain.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 1:20 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Assanah View Post
I agree. They should ( if they have any honor) give up their rights to live and work in the EU and return to the fatherland. They should live their Brexit wet dream in Britain and not on EU soil. Feel the reality of global Britain.
Too many foreigners in the UK.😂😂😂
Old Jul 14th 2017, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles View Post

From a ExPat who has the freedom to live anywhere he/she want's , but votes OUT to deny others who are trying to better them selves & there families , off which a great many are escaping from countries where there's famine - wars - & religious persecution.
Personally I think the ExPats who voted out are no more no less a bunch off fricking hypocrites & they disgust me !

This is a 'British Expats Forum' all of us live elsewhere but are also British and care what happens to our 'birth country'.
How is voting "out" denying anyone the freedom to live anywhere he/she wants, providing that country allows it??

If there is no 'free movement' of workers from EU countries to the UK, it does not stop them coming, just more regulation as with non-EU workers.

People have been coming to and leaving from the UK for all of history and certainly before the UK joined the EEC. Why should this change?
Old Jul 14th 2017, 2:29 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
You're probably mixing him up with me - the reasonable remainer.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Too many foreigners in the UK.
I think there should be a cull of any Brit who had foreign forefathers. (going as far back as you can) That would take care of virtually 95 % of the country. and possible a good deal of the Government
Those that 'don't know' will have to take blood test's from Ancestory .com with return address's to the 'Ethnic authenticity Dept.
I can more or less guarantee there will be roughly 10 people left in the UK to march us into our glorious future

Last edited by GeniB; Jul 14th 2017 at 3:16 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
I think there should be a cull of any Brit who had foreign forefathers. (going as far back as you can) That would take care of virtually 95 % of the country. and possible a good deal of the Government
Those that 'don't know' will have to take blood test's from Ancestory .com with return address's to the 'Ethnic authenticity Dept.
I can more or less guarantee there will be roughly 10 people left in the UK to march us into our glorious future
Old Jul 14th 2017, 3:22 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Let's go further

Anyone who has ancestors from a different region of the UK than where they live now should have to move back there......

Though I have 1 set of English grandparents and 1 set of Welsh grandparents, with no crossovers beyond that.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Let's go further

Anyone who has ancestors from a different region of the UK than where they live now should have to move back there......

Though I have 1 set of English grandparents and 1 set of Welsh grandparents, with no crossovers beyond that.
Hmmm this is a deeply divisive proposition. DLD.. I have Scottish. Welsh and English ancestors. (that I know of ) Though a proud Northerner I could be forced back to Wiltshire if we carry on down this road.I can't speak Wiltshire
Old Jul 14th 2017, 4:25 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
This is a 'British Expats Forum' all of us live elsewhere but are also British and care what happens to our 'birth country'.
How is voting "out" denying anyone the freedom to live anywhere he/she wants, providing that country allows it??

If there is no 'free movement' of workers from EU countries to the UK, it does not stop them coming, just more regulation as with non-EU workers.

People have been coming to and leaving from the UK for all of history and certainly before the UK joined the EEC. Why should this change?
I think that Ingles was suggestingvthe those who have no intention ofnlivingnjnbthe UK because it is the multi cultural society we have and approve of should not yave their views taken seriously.
They are voting at they have no interest or involvement in unlike the EU citizens resident in the UK. who were denied a voice in their future .
Would you have approved if all those born in the Commonwealth were also denied the vote.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 4:38 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm this is a deeply divisive proposition. DLD.. I have Scottish. Welsh and English ancestors. (that I know of ) Though a proud Northerner I could be forced back to Wiltshire if we carry on down this road.I can't speak Wiltshire
Deeply divisive..... Should be perfect for Express readers then

Wiltshire should be fine if it's the part north of the M4
Old Jul 14th 2017, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

I think that Ingles was suggestingvthe those who have no intention ofnlivingnjnbthe UK because it is the multi cultural society we have and approve of should not yave their views taken seriously.
They are voting at they have no interest or involvement in unlike the EU citizens resident in the UK. who were denied a voice in their future .
Would you have approved if all those born in the Commonwealth were also denied the vote.
Yes, I personally do believe if they had not become British citizens they should not have a vote. However where they were born should not matter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.