Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Jul 12th 2017, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

This is my 1st post on this thread for absolutely ages , I'm doing so just to point out the "Political Parallel" over the Referendum Vote & Trumps Election.
In both cases the winning sides told outright lies & twisted the true fact's & used the "emigrant card" to achieve there aim ,& what have they achieved since
SWEET SOD ALL
Now the have got what they wanted , they don't have the slightest idea how to go about getting it done .
Old Jul 12th 2017, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

AllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
Ah! Ok. It's just when you said "This is what Nigel Farage has been saying from day one." I took it that you saw this as some sort of endorsement - Nige says it so it must be right. Obviously not.

If we 'get the flock out' we will have no involvement in good stuff like Galileo and Euratom. The reason I mention this is because May and her team are getting out of those but the erstwhile leaders of Vote Leave are saying that's madness and we should be staying in.

What's your view?
Okay you bought up Galileo and Euratom. The economists/politicians will have to sit down and decide whether this is economically viable or not, my guess it that is another EU gravy train. However, the Brits working on all these joint venture projects will probably stay, they will just have different paymasters.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think our politicians are and better or worse than in many other countries, but they can be hired and fired at the behest of the British voter.

There are other commercial joint ventures like Airbus, which are told are at risk due to Brexit, but people have invested billions in these companies over very many years, yet the EU chiefs would have you believe they will switch production to an EU country at the drop of a hat.

There are going to some losses, but the gains will far exceed the losses and it is my belief that many of the losses will turn out to be empty threats and the gains will be huge.

We are led to believe that because we all have different opinions on these details that that is a bad thing. We are island of individuals, with diverse thoughts and that is a good thing. "Vive la difference" and the Irish say.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

AllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles View Post
This is my 1st post on this thread for absolutely ages , I'm doing so just to point out the "Political Parallel" over the Referendum Vote & Trumps Election.
In both cases the winning sides told outright lies & twisted the true fact's & used the "emigrant card" to achieve there aim ,& what have they achieved since
SWEET SOD ALL
Now the have got what they wanted , they don't have the slightest idea how to go about getting it done .
Not sure what you have been doing during that time, but by posting the "sarcasm flag" are you saying that the Brexiteers and Trump have done hell of a lot?

If you pressed the wrong button, easily done (as HC would have said) what were these lies that the victors told?
Old Jul 12th 2017, 4:54 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
Not sure what you have been doing during that time, but by posting the "sarcasm flag" are you saying that the Brexiteers and Trump have done hell of a lot?

If you pressed the wrong button, easily done (as HC would have said) what were these lies that the victors told?
A short study of the front pages of the Mail and Express provides more than enough evidence.
Not forgetting Farages quasi racist poster.
350million for the NHS.
Just for a start.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 5:00 pm
EU hoo

iano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
There are other commercial joint ventures like Airbus, which are told are at risk due to Brexit, but people have invested billions in these companies over very many years, yet the EU chiefs would have you believe they will switch production to an EU country at the drop of a hat.
Should the UK get the 'flock out' of the EU, single market and customs union, then wing etc production on new Airbus models would more than likely be switched to plants within the EU, as it would make sound business sense.

As an entrepreneur and successful businessman, how do you propose the UK replaces the 10,000 jobs/revenue/investment that would be lost in that event ?
Old Jul 12th 2017, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
A short study of the front pages of the Mail and Express provides more than enough evidence.
Not forgetting Farages quasi racist poster.
350million for the NHS.
Just for a start.
Thanks EMR
I just can't be arsed to reply to utterly stupid replies from most off the "out" tossers as they watch there dreams rapidly drift away in the wind like an unwanted fart !
They all seem to me to be just like "rat's" , there at there most dangerous when they know there in a corner & they took the wrong path & it's there own fault !
Old Jul 12th 2017, 5:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iano View Post
Should the UK get the 'flock out' of the EU, single market and customs union, then wing etc production on new Airbus models would more than likely be switched to plants within the EU, as it would make sound business sense.

As an entrepreneur and successful businessman, how do you propose the UK replaces the 10,000 jobs/revenue/investment that would be lost in that event ?
Selling immigrants probable Lano
Old Jul 12th 2017, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

You are still a migrant in the country where you were not born unless you have dual nationality.
So all those from wherever, who came to the UK as babies or small children, or at any age are forever 'migrants'?
You don't believe a 'migrant' can ever be genuine 'British'.

So as we have 'migrant' MPs we could eventually have a 'migrant' PM. (We already have a 'migrant' Royal Consort.)

I thought you didn't believe in discriminating between individuals?
Old Jul 12th 2017, 5:33 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
So all those from wherever, who came to the UK as babies or small children, or at any age are forever 'migrants'?
You don't believe a 'migrant' can ever be genuine 'British'.

So as we have 'migrant' MPs we could eventually have a 'migrant' PM. (We already have a 'migrant' Royal Consort.)

I thought you didn't believe in discriminating between individuals?
I have never said a migrant cannot be what ever you mean by genuine British, simply not being British born of a different nationality makes one a migrant.
It is you who is applying a negative to the definition by not accepting the description of your OH as if it is something to be ashamed of.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Golden Years has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Years has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Years has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Years has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Years has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Years has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Years has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Years has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Years has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Years has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Years has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iano View Post

Does Airbus have a wing production facility waiting for this "switch" somewhere in the EU? Would they readily abandon the investment made thus far and the technical experience that has been built up?

Certainly the jobs would be hard to replace quickly. However, the revenue accrues exclusively to Airbus in France (BAE sold their holding some years ago) and I would be surprised if they post profits here for HMRC to get anything. The investment is also foreign owned, perhaps their shareholders would be unhappy about simply relinquishing it?
Old Jul 12th 2017, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

I have never said a migrant cannot be what ever you mean by genuine British, simply not being British born of a different nationality makes one a migrant.
It is you who is applying a negative to the definition by not accepting the description of your OH as if it is something to be ashamed of.
EMR I accepted the times OH is in the UK he is becomes a migrant.
(I surely am capable of knowing that he DID NOT come to the UK to 'better' himself which you kept insisting!!?)

Why are you incapable of believing that any migrant temporary or not is not always there to make use of the UK for a better family life and that sometimes it is the other way round! Why do you insist on 'labels'.

Are you a 'migrant' in Portugal to make a better life for your family?
Old Jul 12th 2017, 5:51 pm
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
EMR I accepted the times OH is in the UK he is becomes a migrant.
(I surely am capable of knowing that he DID NOT come to the UK to 'better' himself which you kept insisting!!?)

Why are you incapable of believing that any migrant temporary or not is not always there to make use of the UK for a better family life and that sometimes it is the other way round! Why do you insist on 'labels'.

Are you a 'migrant' in Portugal to make a better life for your family?
So your OH did not come to the UK to finish his degree, to become better qualified,.
If not what did he come for then, the cricket ?
Why did he not immediately return after finishing his degree.
I do not really care, just puzzled as to why you cannot accept that he is still a migrant no different to millions of others who have made the UK their home and made it a better country.
No different from all those others from the sub continent, Pakistan, Eastern Europe in fact where ever they come from.

Last edited by EMR; Jul 12th 2017 at 5:55 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 5:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

So your OH did not come to the UK to finish his degree, to become better qualified,.
If not what did he come for then, the cricket ?
Time to knock this discussion on the head please. Bipat's husband is not a member of BE.

Old Jul 12th 2017, 6:00 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Time to knock this discussion on the head please. Bipat's husband is not a member of BE.

Old Jul 12th 2017, 6:04 pm
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by Golden Years View Post
Does Airbus have a wing production facility waiting for this "switch" somewhere in the EU? Would they readily abandon the investment made thus far and the technical experience that has been built up?

Certainly the jobs would be hard to replace quickly. However, the revenue accrues exclusively to Airbus in France (BAE sold their holding some years ago) and I would be surprised if they post profits here for HMRC to get anything. The investment is also foreign owned, perhaps their shareholders would be unhappy about simply relinquishing it?
There are a number of articles on reuters, telegraph , local Bristol papers last month expressing concern that UK production facilities within Airbus will be negatively affected by a hard brexit.
New projects in particular could be located outside of the UK.
The Chinese are rapidly building their own domestic aerospace industry to compete with Airbus and Boeing.
Maybe British engineers could move from Bristol and Broughton to China.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.