Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Jul 11th 2017, 1:18 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
Surly these remoaners are traitors, Brexit was voted for and is going ahead, so these people are acting to bring down the country, or at the very least damage it.

Don't we still have the death penalty for treason?
Whilst the moaning is excessive - you are being ridiculous if you call them traitors - they have a right to be a very vocal minority.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

AllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
I do both , splitting my time 60,40 between the UK and Portugal.
I do not live in the past and ignore the realities of business today.
So what what the comment about my not being patriotic?

Are you now saying I live in the past? Surely my forward thinking Brexit stance demonstrates that to be untrue?

and that I ignore the realities of business?

My biggest customer, who I have dealt with for more than 30 years is German and neither of us see a big problem with Brexit. It will work itself out, business is business and politics is bollocks.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

AllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
Whilst the moaning is excessive - you are being ridiculous if you call them traitors - they have a right to be a very vocal minority.
Put it this way, if one of my employees kept slagging off my company, telling everyone we are hopeless and are going to fail, I would sack them. get it?

Don't you understand this is really bad for business?

and this "vocal minority" you speak of, are the UK media.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 1:34 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

We are going out.......
If we're going out then what's the problem? Why are you moaning?
Old Jul 11th 2017, 1:36 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

So what what the comment about my not being patriotic?

Are you now saying I live in the past? Surely my forward thinking Brexit stance demonstrates that to be untrue?

and that I ignore the realities of business?

My biggest customer, who I have dealt with for more than 30 years is German and neither of us see a big problem with Brexit. It will work itself out, business is business and politics is bollocks.
The idea that there is a world out there just waiting for brexit so that they can buy from the UK is bollocks.
The idea that UK manufacturing will stop declining and become An export driven engine for the economy is bollocks.
The idea that the UK will be able to compete with the fast growing economies of the world is bollocks.
The idea that the UK can does not need its largest market , on its doorstep , tarrif free with mutual protection from dumping and sub standard products is bollocks.
The idea that those who voted to leave and will see an improvement in almost every aspect of their lives is bollocks.
The idea that UK inward immigration will be dramatically reduced and that Brits will benefit from higher wages and better job opportunities is bollocks.

Brexit is b*******
Old Jul 11th 2017, 1:41 pm
EU hoo

iano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
If we're going out then what's the problem? Why are you moaning?
Scamp, it's because you, and I, and others are not 'talking up' the country and its future, like salesmen, second-hand car salesmen.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

My last word, I have had my own business since November 1985 and it gone through good and bad times and the fight to get things back on track is both fun and obviously rewarding.

Brexit is going to be tough, it has already cost me quite a few £thousand when I bought my house in Portugal mid Brexit, but I am so looking forward to it being a big success.

That said, "Better to be a poor master than a rich slave"- Michael Caine, and not a lot of people know that.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 1:47 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

My last word, I have had my own business since November 1985 and it gone through good and bad times and the fight to get things back on track is both fun and obviously rewarding.

Brexit is going to be tough, it has already cost me quite a few £thousand when I bought my house in Portugal mid Brexit, but I am so looking forward to it being a big success.

That said, "Better to be a poor master than a rich slave"- Michael Caine, and not a lot of people know that.
Only the rich and wealthy are stupid enough to think like that.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 1:51 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
The problem with your analogy is that the EU is not a 'home', we cannot do a "bit of our own thing", and another 'guest' might veto it anyway!
I suppose it might be like a 'care home'.*
It is a club from which the UK is leaving membership.

*Was visiting someone in a care home yesterday, the locked doors gave me the overwhelming thought to escape----
It's not "my" analogy, and the old premise suggesting Britain is somehow "shackled" is false. Britain has always done whatever it wants.

Except of course, where it aspires to violate the obligations it previously agreed to, but then, it will need to give up the benefits of those agreements. It can't have both.

The irony of course, is that what it agreed to is actually a good thing, and aside from ideological arguments, it's almost impossible to demonstrate tangible downside.

Yet there's significant quantifiable downside to giving it all up for solely ideological reasons, which is why it's all in question now.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 1:55 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, folks.

Have a butcher's at this and then, based on recent events, have a guess at what happens next ...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-boris-johnson
Old Jul 11th 2017, 2:16 pm
EU hoo

iano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, Eric !

My guess is, UKIP will endorse said comments.

Blow me down, and they've done so already.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-politics-live

Last edited by iano; Jul 11th 2017 at 2:19 pm. Reason: UKIP quick off the mark for a change
Old Jul 11th 2017, 2:27 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Hey, folks.

Have a butcher's at this and then, based on recent events, have a guess at what happens next ...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-boris-johnson
I am wondering whether AllanB is Bojo himself ???

Seeing there is ''no plan for no deal'' the cliff edge is coming closer and closer.
As an European, seeing all these clowns stating day after day : I WANT ... I WANT ... I WANT ... maybe very soon the EU will tell them exactly where to find this WANT ! Maybe I am misunderstanding Mayhem and she actually means ''a Wand'' ?

(Just talking to myself I think, very hot here )
Old Jul 11th 2017, 2:40 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Put it this way, if one of my employees kept slagging off my company, telling everyone we are hopeless and are going to fail, I would sack them. get it?

Don't you understand this is really bad for business?

and this "vocal minority" you speak of, are the UK media.
Not quite so much the fan of free speech you were posing as a week or so back now, are you?
Old Jul 11th 2017, 2:42 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

If Britain were demonstrably "enslaved", you might actually have a point. But it's not, and therefore, you don't. And that's precisely why the whole premise is increasingly considered dubious.

One by one, Brexit’s ‘salvations’ are seen to be illusory

The Brexiteers fear they are losing the argument

As the costs of EU withdrawal become clear, the Leavers are desperately searching for scapegoats.

Last edited by amideislas; Jul 11th 2017 at 3:22 pm.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 2:44 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

We are going out.......
You and Scamp? Does his wife know about that?

Congratulations to you both though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.