Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Jul 11th 2017, 12:08 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
Surly these remoaners are traitors, Brexit was voted for and is going ahead, so these people are acting to bring down the country, or at the very least damage it.

Don't we still have the death penalty for treason?

This was a referendum, not a bill passed by a one party government, where you can attempt to bring down the current government and get a new one. Something, incidentally you can't do with the EU and a good reason for leaving in the first place.

Plus there is no such thing as "hard and soft Brexit", out is out and we need to fight our opponents, the EU, with everything we have, including the UK media.

We should be talking up our country as all salesmen do when selling their goods, to a new and exciting market.
Sorry, its REMAINERS !!!
Old Jul 11th 2017, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

AllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
So this idiot thinks we should suffer the death penalty for voting remain.

I mean honestly. This thread has been funny at times but this post might be one of the best.
It was a joke...oh I see...surely not that funny, but thanks anyway.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 12:11 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

An American wrote this Twitter thread on Brexit and it's eye-opening
Old Jul 11th 2017, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

AllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond reputeAllanB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
Sorry, its REMAINERS !!!
No, I don't have a problem with reainers, they voted as they saw fit given the information they had, I have a problem with "remoaners" who don't respect the will of the people.

Our ancestors fought hard for democracy and remaoners are trying to destroy before we even have it back.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 12:13 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

With no explanation apart from a load of swearing who is the idiot? "Scam" as in an 8 year old...

Come on explain yourself, what is wrong with my statement, are you able to string a coherent sentence together, or are you typical of remoaners? A short attention span, that you can only read and recite headlines?
Fine, I'll go through bit by bit for you.

Here's your post:

Surly these remoaners are traitors,Is this a joke? Traitors? With the later use of treason I assume you mean the second definition: "a person who commits treason by betraying his or her country." We'll come back to this. Brexit was voted for and is going ahead, so these people are acting to bring down the country, or at the very least damage it. Who is? Who is actually going to manage to stop Brexit? I am not campaigning to stop it,
I just want us to get on with it so the UK can get back to trying to business instead of being totally hamstrung for years going through this total farce that a load of traitors voted for (see what I did there?)

Don't we still have the death penalty for treason?
Hopefully, we could hang you for being a traitor and voting Brexit. See....did it again.

This was a referendum, not a bill passed by a one party government, where you can attempt to bring down the current government and get a new one. Something, incidentally you can't do with the EU and a good reason for leaving in the first place. Cool. Pointless waffle.

Plus there is no such thing as "hard and soft Brexit", out is out and we need to fight our opponents, the EU, with everything we have, including the UK media. Well, there are 'hard' and 'soft' options, but in your totally poloarised views I imagine only total and utter removal from anything EU will suffice. So once again you're a traitor and should be hung....right? I'm not sure you'll be following me, but hopefully.

We should be talking up our country as all salesmen do when selling their goods, to a new and exciting market. Talking what up?
That we're majority traitors? Majority people who don't want to be a proper part of one of the largest economic zones that has ever existed on earth because we're scared of brown people, Muslims and 'foreigners' in general?

Now, off to campaign for the death penalty so we can hang you for the traitor you are.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 12:17 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 11th 2017, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

An eye closer I would have thought, heard it all before, yawn. What part of "OUT" don't you people understand.

If you want to stay in get a German passport, or a Hungarian one...or become a refugee.

Okay I will say this just once:-

Out means out, it does mean in, it doesn't mean a in a little bit, or half in half out, or partly in, or in some parts of it.

We are leaving the EU, we are talking about what to do when we leave the EU, how to make the leaving easier.

We are not leaving Europe, it would be too costly to move the British isles even a few metres, so we are staying where we are just off the coast of France.

Last edited by AllanB; Jul 11th 2017 at 12:25 pm.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 12:21 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
What fad was popular only a year ago, but now it seems like something from a long bygone era. Like the bloke who will only play music from LP records and cassettes, because it's "better".
It is better, all those crackles, hisses, skips, twisted tapes etc take you back to those days of sitting in your bedroom ignoring your parents banging on the door telling us to " turn that rubbish down ".
Maybe that us Mays new strategy, expect a 're release of dear old Brucies , " I am backing Britain ".
Available on imported CD,vynl or foreign owned music download companies.
Nige apparently is now claiming that there is a " new project fear " better described as reality.

By the way the way I think the poster spends half his time in Thailand and the other half in Portugal.
Patriotism personified .😂😂😂😂

Last edited by EMR; Jul 11th 2017 at 12:36 pm.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Scamp, if you had explained yourself properly in the first place, instead of the irritating comment you made, I would have replied to you properly, as I will do now:-

A traitor is someone who betrays a friend or in this case their country, if you are saying you accept the will of the people, then you are not a traitor.

I too have my own business in the UK and my biggest customer is in Germany, so I too would like to get on with it. Incidentally they don't see a big problem, they see it playing with politics.

So tell me how does a soft Brexit work.

Talking up our future in a world market ahead of us, talking up our abilities, our innovative nature as a race.

I have no idea what the rest of your posting is about, other than to say the "death penalty" .....it was a joke, which if you had lightened up a little, you would have realised.

Are we on the same side, I am not sure? Me, I just want to leave and prosper.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 12:56 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Scamp, if you had explained yourself properly in the first place, instead of the irritating comment you made, I would have replied to you properly, as I will do now:-

A traitor is someone who betrays a friend or in this case their country, if you are saying you accept the will of the people, then you are not a traitor.

I too have my own business in the UK and my biggest customer is in Germany, so I too would like to get on with it. Incidentally they don't see a big problem, they see it playing with politics.

So tell me how does a soft Brexit work.

Talking up our future in a world market ahead of us, talking up our abilities, our innovative nature as a race.

I have no idea what the rest of your posting is about, other than to say the "death penalty" .....it was a joke, which if you had lightened up a little, you would have realised.

Are we on the same side, I am not sure? Me, I just want to leave and prosper.
Soft Brexit is the Norwegian type model I assume. I'm not sure it's better or worse. I was just pointing out it exists.

Talking up our future is like me saying I could grow to be 7ft tall. I can say what I want but nobody has to listen and it doesn't have to be true.

Maybe I missed a shit joke but I'm utterly bored of seeing the same drivel like 'remoaner' and talking about a referendum that's been, done and moved on to being actually worked on and now in the most important stage. So 'accepting the will of the people' is a bit....I dunno? Pointless? Desperation for an argument? I don't get it.

I just want to prosper. I'm not sure it'll be in or out of the EU but when in it, the UK certainly prospered at a fantastic rate. Out of it.....well, fingers crossed eh?
Old Jul 11th 2017, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
It is better, all those crackles, hisses, skips, twisted tapes etc take you back to those days of sitting in your bedroom ignoring your parents banging on the door telling us to " turn that rubbish down ".
Maybe that us Mays new strategy, expect a 're release of dear old Brucies , " I am backing Britain ".
Available on imported CD,vynl or foreign owned music download companies.
Nige apparently is now claiming that there is a " new project fear " better described as reality.

By the way the way I think the poster spends half his time in Thailand and the other half in Portugal.
Patriotism personified .😂😂😂😂
I live in these countries for medical reasons and more importantly because I choose to, what does have that to do with patriotism? I pay my taxes in the UK and I bring business to the UK...do you?
Old Jul 11th 2017, 12:59 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

A Brexit that satisfies the 52 per cent is an impossible dream

As arguments over soft Brexit and hard Brexit rage, the only people united in this debate are the ones who voted to stay in the European Union

There's analogy that's useful for explaining the EU referendum result: say nine of your friends have gone to stay at a house in the countryside, and there’s a disagreement about what to do for dinner. Four of the friends are keen to stay in, but the rest want to go out. The group of five jump into a car and drive to the nearest town, but a problem emerges.

One of the couples who preferred to go out are vegans. The other three fancied a roast. There are two restaurants in the town: one’s a vegan café, the other a pub with real ales and a hog roast. The group is left arguing in the square that if you’d stayed home, everyone could’ve tried to reach a compromise, each cooking a bit of your own thing. Now, whatever restaurant you end up in, the majority of the group will be unhappy. Is it too late to drive back to the house?
Old Jul 11th 2017, 1:14 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

I live in these countries for medical reasons and more importantly because I choose to, what does have that to do with patriotism? I pay my taxes in the UK and I bring business to the UK...do you?
I do both , splitting my time 60,40 between the UK and Portugal.
I do not live in the past and ignore the realities of business today.
Odd how it's only brexiters who play the patriotism card, and even more so when the reality of brexit or rather the unreality of what they think it should be is finally dawning on them.

Good news " German owned Discount food retailer " to open more stores, creating 4 thousand jobs as the British consumer facing higher costs following the referendum looks to save money on their household bills.

Last edited by EMR; Jul 11th 2017 at 1:28 pm.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
A Brexit that satisfies the 52 per cent is an impossible dream

As arguments over soft Brexit and hard Brexit rage, the only people united in this debate are the ones who voted to stay in the European Union

There's analogy that's useful for explaining the EU referendum result: say nine of your friends have gone to stay at a house in the countryside, and there’s a disagreement about what to do for dinner. Four of the friends are keen to stay in, but the rest want to go out. The group of five jump into a car and drive to the nearest town, but a problem emerges.

One of the couples who preferred to go out are vegans. The other three fancied a roast. There are two restaurants in the town: one’s a vegan café, the other a pub with real ales and a hog roast. The group is left arguing in the square that if you’d stayed home, everyone could’ve tried to reach a compromise, each cooking a bit of your own thing. Now, whatever restaurant you end up in, the majority of the group will be unhappy. Is it too late to drive back to the house?
The problem with your analogy is that the EU is not a 'home', we cannot do a "bit of our own thing", and another 'guest' might veto it anyway!
I suppose it might be like a 'care home'.*
It is a club from which the UK is leaving membership.

*Was visiting someone in a care home yesterday, the locked doors gave me the overwhelming thought to escape----
Old Jul 11th 2017, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Soft Brexit is the Norwegian type model I assume. I'm not sure it's better or worse. I was just pointing out it exists.

Talking up our future is like me saying I could grow to be 7ft tall. I can say what I want but nobody has to listen and it doesn't have to be true. That is negative already, when I go out and sell my product, I tell everyone how good it is, that's all

Maybe I missed a shit joke but I'm utterly bored of seeing the same drivel like 'remoaner' and talking about a referendum that's been, done and moved on to being actually worked on and now in the most important stage. So 'accepting the will of the people' is a bit....I dunno? Pointless? Desperation for an argument? I don't get it. What else do we call them except "remoaners"? After all the people i am addressing only understand simple cliches and I am addressing them to stop them trying to mess up our future prospects.

I just want to prosper. I'm not sure it'll be in or out of the EU but when in it, the UK certainly prospered at a fantastic rate. Out of it.....well, fingers crossed eh?
We are going out.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.