British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Vexcore Jun 25th 2016 1:32 am

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Giantaxe (Post 11983648)
So nothing to back on your assertion on jobs. Got it.

You think it will be worst forever? c'mon don't BS me... pound will fall then rise fall then rise jobs will be gone jobs will be created.

This isn't LA LA LAND' you know.

(funny.. how the remain side on here are in 'our brexit' thread.)

Cheeky B/\stards the lot of them :rofl:

Giantaxe Jun 25th 2016 1:34 am

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 11983655)
You think it will be worst forever? c'mon don't BS me... pound will fall then rise fall then rise jobs will be gone jobs will be created.

This isn't LA LA LAND' you know.

I'm not making any claim; I'm asking you to justify the claim you made.

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 11983655)
(funny.. how the remain side on here are in 'our brexit' thread.)

Cheeky B/\stards the lot of them :rofl:

'our brexit' thread :confused:

Vexcore Jun 25th 2016 1:39 am

Originally Posted by Giantaxe (Post 11983658)
I'm not making any claim; I'm asking you to justify the claim you made.

'our brexit' thread :confused:

I never said you made a claim.. wtf?

I wasn't making a claim i saw it on the news... jobs will be gone and be created.

that is a fact.....

You're a Remainer or a Brexiter?

Giantaxe Jun 25th 2016 1:52 am

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 11983662)
I wasn't making a claim i saw it on the news... jobs will be gone and be created.

that is a fact.....

You wrote:

Everything is going to change now,

Jobs (fresh new jobs on the way)

... the clear implication being that the change brought on by Brexit would bring new jobs. You mentioned nothing about other jobs being gone in that claim.

You're a Remainer or a Brexiter?

I'm extremely disappointed at the result and suspect that down the road a lot of Brexiters will be extremely disappointed that things they think will be a consequence of Brexit likely won't be.

Vexcore Jun 25th 2016 2:02 am

Originally Posted by Giantaxe (Post 11983668)
You wrote:

... the clear implication being that the change brought on by Brexit would bring new jobs. You mentioned nothing about other jobs being gone in that claim.

I'm extremely disappointed at the result and suspect that down the road a lot of Brexiters will be extremely disappointed that things they think will be a consequence of Brexit likely won't be.

Ummm The quotes don't prove anything, or you missed the POINT

Jobs are in serious trouble.. but jobs will be created (fact of life)

few knocks and bumps on the way, but hey UK is FREE!

It's not a claim... its obvious jobs will be gone and jobs will be created (feel like a broken record here)

RELAX

Lion in Winter Jun 25th 2016 2:10 am

Just a thought. Remember what I was saying about how the same people would be controlling the exit as controlled the process before the vote?

"The majority of the UK's 650 MPs were in favour of Britain staying in the EU and while they will have to respect the will of the British people, they will not be silent bystanders. There have already been moves among the 450 or so MPs who want to stay in the EU, across the Labour, Conservative, SNP, Plaid Cymru and Green parties, to keep the UK in the single market in any exit negotiations.

This, dubbed "reverse Maastricht", would mean Britain would have to keep its borders open to EU workers and continue paying into EU coffers - which is likely to be unacceptable to most of the 17 million people who voted Leave in the referendum.

They say it would be legitimate for MPs to do this because the Leave campaign has refused to spell out what trading relationship it wants the UK to have with the EU in the future - and it would demonstrate the sovereignty of Parliament the Leavers were so keen to restore.

Brexit: What happens now? - BBC News

moneypenny20 Jun 25th 2016 2:30 am

I was really naive in hoping I would never have to hear that bloody word again, wasn't I? :rolleyes:

paulry Jun 25th 2016 2:34 am

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 11983488)
I would like to congratulate Nigel Farage on this most remarkable victory in the EU referendum. He, more than any other British politician, was responsible for the Tories calling the referendum, and he and his party, UKIP, have worked tirelessly over many years for Britain’s independence. This glorious day, 24th June 2016, will go down in history as the moment the British people finally regained their country from the grip of a dysfunctional organisation in Brussels.

Mister Farage, leader of the United Kingdom Independence Party, has worked tirelessly in the face of adversity to bring about Britain’s independence from the Union. He has shown remarkable restraint and courage over the years and his unstinting devotion to Britain and the British people has finally been rewarded with the highest accolade possible: Independence Day.

Congratulations, Mister Farage, on this remarkable, no, stunning, victory that has shaken the Union to its core. History will remember you as the only politician who had the effrontery to look Brussels in the eye and say, NO. I thank not only you but all those millions of hard working low paid British people who voted on that momentous night of 23rd June to finally, after years of wrangling, make Britain a fully independent nation once again.

:goodpost:

Well said! I absolutely agree 100%!

Farage is one of Britain's finest sons. :britflag:

paulry Jun 25th 2016 2:41 am

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 11983600)
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...abroad-america

Sad, but I know what he means. The economy will likely be in a bit of a mess for a while, but it's our culture I fear for. And not so much because Remain won, but because of the way it won.

Oh for crying out loud. You're behaving like a party pooper. Cheer up will you!

Giantaxe Jun 25th 2016 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 11983674)
It's not a claim... its obvious jobs will be gone and jobs will be created (feel like a broken record here)

RELAX

So given that this is always true, regardless of the referendum result, it was a meaningless comment. Any opinion on whether Brexit will improve the economy in the short or long term?

Giantaxe Jun 25th 2016 2:58 am

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 11983681)
Just a thought. Remember what I was saying about how the same people would be controlling the exit as controlled the process before the vote?

"The majority of the UK's 650 MPs were in favour of Britain staying in the EU and while they will have to respect the will of the British people, they will not be silent bystanders. There have already been moves among the 450 or so MPs who want to stay in the EU, across the Labour, Conservative, SNP, Plaid Cymru and Green parties, to keep the UK in the single market in any exit negotiations.

This, dubbed "reverse Maastricht", would mean Britain would have to keep its borders open to EU workers and continue paying into EU coffers - which is likely to be unacceptable to most of the 17 million people who voted Leave in the referendum.

They say it would be legitimate for MPs to do this because the Leave campaign has refused to spell out what trading relationship it wants the UK to have with the EU in the future - and it would demonstrate the sovereignty of Parliament the Leavers were so keen to restore.

Brexit: What happens now? - BBC News

Absolutely. The referendum was simply on whether or not to remain in the EU. It's not the responsibility of MPs to go beyond that and divine exactly what voters may or may not want post-Brexit. If I had to bet, I would would say either joining the EEA or ending up with an EEA-like agreement is the most likely outcome. Of course, there are other possibilities such as the EU falling apart from its present form.

Lion in Winter Jun 25th 2016 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Giantaxe (Post 11983722)
Absolutely. The referendum was simply on whether or not to remain in the EU. It's not the responsibility of MPs to go beyond that and divine exactly what voters may or may not want post-Brexit. If I had to bet, I would would say either joining the EEA or ending up with an EEA-like agreement is the most likely outcome. Of course, there are other possibilities such as the EU falling apart from its present form.

So essentially, things stay the same only more expensive, with less control by us, or Europe falls apart and we're all left with the fall out of that. If people think that that we have migrant problems now, just wait until the EU countries are no longer cooperating because there is no EU.

Lion in Winter Jun 25th 2016 4:56 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 11983690)
I was really naive in hoping I would never have to hear that bloody word again, wasn't I? :rolleyes:

Yes, sorry. Another two years at the very least I should think.

SultanOfSwing Jun 25th 2016 5:23 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 11983690)

You and me both.

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 11983777)
So essentially, things stay the same only more expensive, with less control by us, or Europe falls apart and we're all left with the fall out of that. If people think that that we have migrant problems now, just wait until the EU countries are no longer cooperating because there is no EU.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose ...

Lion in Winter Jun 25th 2016 5:48 am

http://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/624/c...8_thomtank.png