Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Jul 10th 2017, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
I take It you are referring to EFTA.The organisation of 7 countries , not one of them a major EU member.
Actually no.

I was referring to the Common Market.
Old Jul 10th 2017, 7:59 am
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Desperate May trying to swim but can't remember how ?
Too many Tories not supporting her so she needs other parties to help out ?
Or does she just want to share the ''Brexit blame'' with other scapegoats ?

Theresa May launches fight for her political career with 'unshakeable sense of purpose' | The Independent

Whatever her reasons, I think this smells very bad !
Old Jul 10th 2017, 8:02 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
No mandate?

The referendum was her mandate.

The MPs vote after the referendum to enact the result was her mandate.

The General election where Brits increased their vote for both Tory and Labour whose manifestos stated Brexit - was her mandate.

How much more of a mandate for Brexit could there be?
Brexit what Brexit ?
Old Jul 10th 2017, 8:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post

Theresa May launches fight for her political career with 'unshakeable sense of purpose' | The Independent

Vincent Cable on the Andrew Marr show on Sunday. ,not only declared his intention to be leader of the Lib Dem's but said there is a huge resurgence within Parliament of those who thought leaving the EU was a monumental Cl****r F**k (A 'cross party ' one) . He believes that Brexit won't happen, simple because it's untenable. He also believes that the much despised idea of a second referendum is almost inevitable.especially when the public feels the bite in their wallets, they didn't vote for. Interesting take.
Old Jul 10th 2017, 8:31 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
Corbyn is not our man - he is a hard Brexiteer.
I don't think it's anywhere near as clear-cut as that, although that's the way it's mainly being portrayed. I think it's more a case of not getting too far ahead of the voters
Old Jul 10th 2017, 8:36 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

From that article :
"We may not agree on everything, but through debate and discussion - the hallmarks of our parliamentary democracy - ideas can be clarified and improved and a better way forward found."
Cheeky witch!
Old Jul 10th 2017, 9:30 am
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
From that article :

Cheeky witch!

Must say, last Wednesday at PM question time, she acted a bit subdued.
I was wondering why her attacks weren't as nasty as they used to be.
Now I think this ''sharing parliamentary democracy'' was already in her head.
By the way, does this mean she just waisted 1 b £ of the tax payers money on the DUP ?
Old Jul 10th 2017, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Must say, last Wednesday at PM question time, she acted a bit subdued.
I was wondering why her attacks weren't as nasty as they used to be.
Now I think this ''sharing parliamentary democracy'' was already in her head.
By the way, does this mean she just waisted 1 b £ of the tax payers money on the DUP ?
The money is being spent on Northern Ireland, part of the UK

DUP-Tory deal: Where is the money going to be spent? - BBC News
Old Jul 10th 2017, 10:27 am
Who - me?

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post

Are Scotland and Wales part of the UK as well?
Old Jul 10th 2017, 10:42 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Are Scotland and Wales part of the UK as well?
Yes - I thought you'd know that Eric
Old Jul 10th 2017, 10:47 am
Preparing to move again

So ?
How about the NHS, the JAM's, the police, the fire department, etc etc etc !
And what about her favorite expression : there is no money tree ? Did she has a branch stacked away somewhere for priorities ? HER priorities that is !

Anyway, another challenge for her and Corbyn :
MPs set up new all-party group to combat ‘destructive’ hard Brexit | The Independent

Interesting week ...
Old Jul 10th 2017, 10:49 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's probably a bit of all 3 with the 3rd maybe being the biggest portion.
Old Jul 10th 2017, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

So ?
How about the NHS, the JAM's, the police, the fire department, etc etc etc !
And what about her favorite expression : there is no money tree ? Did she has a branch stacked away somewhere for priorities ? HER priorities that is !

Anyway, another challenge for her and Corbyn :
MPs set up new all-party group to combat ‘destructive’ hard Brexit | The Independent

Interesting week ...
I agree with you about priorities---the HS2--£56 billion, for example--just think how that could be spent!

However money used to benefit people of Northern Ireland is not "wasted" your word!
Old Jul 10th 2017, 12:14 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you about priorities---the HS2--£56 billion, for example--just think how that could be spent!

However money used to benefit people of Northern Ireland is not "wasted" your word!
Certainly not a waste in the view of May who bribed the DUP to get their support.
What is has done is start a discussion in the NI opposition who have no representation in Parliament .
If the republicans do take their seats Mays tiny majority will be minuscule giving the opposition every chance of unseating the Tories or scuppering Brexit.
Old Jul 10th 2017, 1:26 pm
Who - me?

It's true - there is no money tree : Magic Money Tree false but Enchanted Brexit Fountain real

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.