Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Jul 8th 2017, 3:55 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
You guys like to suggest that all the good things that happen in the UK are down to membership of the EU, but like to suggest any bad things are down to the British government. Your hate and disdain of your own country must be a difficult thing to live-with.
I am proud of a country, the UK , that attracts billions of investment , creating millions of jobs .
What is it about those with your viewpoints that they are so insecure that they can only attack the patriotism of those who disagree with them
You are well named as " Little Englanders "
Old Jul 8th 2017, 4:03 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

You guys like to suggest that all the good things that happen in the UK are down to membership of the EU, but like to suggest any bad things are down to the British government. Your hate and disdain of your own country must be a difficult thing to live-with.
It's not a suggestion. In most things, it's a fact.

EU rules allow for countries to issue their nationals identity cards. The British government and the media is against this, even though it would make it much easier to prevent fraud and harder for illegal migrants.

The UK government refused to implement many of the things they were allowed to do about EU free movement.
Old Jul 8th 2017, 4:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
I don't understand that at all Geni - sorry. What are you trying to say?
Well your saying we'd have been in the same place .but he would have reached the zenith of his ambitions.? Huh?

presumable we would still be with him wouldn't we? He as president of the EU and representing the UK at the same time. Maybe the political picture would have been quite different when your in the driving seat..It would have been more difficult to lie about the EU in any event
Old Jul 8th 2017, 7:13 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
Well your saying we'd have been in the same place .but he would have reached the zenith of his ambitions.? Huh?

presumable we would still be with him wouldn't we? He as president of the EU and representing the UK at the same time. Maybe the political picture would have been quite different when your in the driving seat..It would have been more difficult to lie about the EU in any event
I'm even more confused now. I certainly never said anything about reached his ambitions.

PS it is you're not your
Old Jul 8th 2017, 9:05 pm
EU hoo

iano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond repute

Your hate and disdain of your own country must be a difficult thing to live-with.
You scoundrel !
Old Jul 9th 2017, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
Off course its the EU who responsible for the lack of investment by British companies in British manufacturing.
It could not be anything to do with the UK.
Please explain if you can would the Airbus project , the Euro fighter, the UK foreign owned vehicle manufacturers , who export almost 50% of their production to the EU rtc would have happened if the UK had not been part of the tarrif free EU market place.
I open the floor to you.
I believe the European tariff free market predates the EU.
Old Jul 9th 2017, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
I'm even more confused now. I certainly never said anything about reached his ambitions.

PS it is you're not your
Oh yeah.Don't use the 'spelling/punctuation police trick to end a point.It's (a) boring ,and (b) boring. That was predictive text at work

Moving on

OH! actually we can't because it's personal ambition..not..personalambition

Just saying

My point was. If we had supported Blair in the ambition (you said you didn't write)If he had made it to the top of the tree and become President of the EU .The UK would perhaps have not had the same need for a referendum,and therefore a vote to leave.The reason for which still eludes me
Is that any clearer?
Old Jul 9th 2017, 9:56 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate View Post
I believe the European tariff free market predates the EU.
I take It you are referring to EFTA.The organisation of 7 countries , not one of them a major EU member.

Last edited by EMR; Jul 9th 2017 at 10:00 am.
Old Jul 9th 2017, 10:12 am
EU hoo

iano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond repute

I take It you are referring to EFTA.The organisation of 7 countries , not one of them a major EU member.
Believe so too, and EFTA is a member of the single market, free movement et al.

German business leaders have now come out fully behind prioritising the integrity of the single market post-Brexit; any hope of an economic pick and mix deal must be fading rapidly for Delusional Davis & co.
Old Jul 9th 2017, 10:35 am
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by iano View Post
Believe so too, and EFTA is a member of the single market, free movement et al.

German business leaders have now come out fully behind prioritising the integrity of the single market post-Brexit; any hope of an economic pick and mix deal must be fading rapidly for Delusional Davis & co.
Why worry, Trump has promised a mega,super,fantastic , wonderful trade deal.
A Trump promise like the dollar is declining in value.
Old Jul 9th 2017, 10:59 am
EU hoo

Why worry, Trump has promised a mega,super,fantastic , wonderful trade deal..
No doubt orchestrated by his very good mate, our Nige. It's payback time.

Trump fans the flames with some hot air whilst our Nige holds May's feet to the fire for hard Brexit.
Old Jul 9th 2017, 11:11 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
Oh yeah.Don't use the 'spelling/punctuation police trick to end a point.It's (a) boring ,and (b) boring. That was predictive text at work

Moving on

OH! actually we can't because it's personal ambition..not..personalambition

Just saying

My point was. If we had supported Blair in the ambition (you said you didn't write)If he had made it to the top of the tree and become President of the EU .The UK would perhaps have not had the same need for a referendum,and therefore a vote to leave.The reason for which still eludes me
Is that any clearer?
Oi- I said I said nothing about reached his ambition - please read my post again to see where you are wrong.

I accept your point about predictive text, which is why I don't use it. Please accept my heartfelt apologies for missing out a space - I am ashamed of myself. I mention the your you're piece because it was a repeated error not a one off btw.

That is much clearer but I'm not sure President Tony would have reduced the desire/need for a referendum.
Old Jul 9th 2017, 6:08 pm
EU hoo

A C Grayling telling it as it is....

A C Grayling has 6 reasons to prove why Brexit will be stopped - Top Stories - The New European
Old Jul 9th 2017, 6:59 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Why worry, Trump has promised a mega,super,fantastic , wonderful trade deal.
A Trump promise like the dollar is declining in value.
Exactly. I find it perplexing that the BBC report Trump's offer to May as if it is some major British coup, when everyone knows that Trump just says whatever comes into his head at the time - he certainly hasn't checked with anyone in the real world in Washington DC.
Old Jul 9th 2017, 7:00 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
Exactly. I find it perplexing that the BBC report Trump's offer to May as if it is some major British coup, when everyone knows that Trump just says whatever comes into his head at the time - he certainly hasn't checked with anyone in the real world in Washington DC.
spot on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.