Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Jun 29th 2017, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

It isn’t another country’s laws: it is actually the laws and regulations of an organisation, of which we were part. Of which we were part. Scotland does not want independence from an organisation. Two entirely different issues here. But we have been through all this before.
Old Jun 29th 2017, 1:01 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
... I know it's hard to understand, but we will not be under other countries laws in this matter.

Did you mean country's laws or countries' laws? Grammar matters y'know.

In any case which other country's laws are we under at the moment?
Old Jun 29th 2017, 1:59 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

There are none so blind as can't see.

The left hate Brits who live on the costas in Spain, they aren't expats in the way they would want them to be.

Just look at the Guardian comments section every day - thousands of miserable leftist remainers lamenting how ignorant, xenophobic, deluded etc their fellow Brits are. They, like posters here, elevate the position of their chosen foreigners over Brits - "foreigners are less likely to have punch-ups than Brits" type of comments, "foreigners are not stupid enough to vote Brexit" etc.

The right wing are generally patriotic about Britain and the British.
I do frequently look at comments below Guardian articles. It's a very mixed bag, given that there's a vast army of trolls who lurk, waiting to pounce the moment they open in order to display their ignorance. A huge number of them start off with "The Guardian thinks ...." or "Typical Guardian article ..." or other such nonsense related to the paper's alleged content or its supposed readership. Very few actually discuss points highlighted by the articles or even relate any of their diatribes to the topic(s) of the article. Lot of moaning about how many articles don't have comments open - it obviously ruins their day when articles mentioning foreigners or the EU aren't enabled for the abuse-a-thon. Many fairly obviously can't distinguish between opinion and news.

And there are batallions of Special Brexit Forces on the alert for instant deployment if there's a whiff of a reference to the EU or any EU member state.

I don't know about the Guardian commentariat left hating the Brits on the Spanish Costas - most who make ignorant and sweeping generaisations there seem to be of the same sort as those who make similar comments on here and as I've already said, they're not the left.

What is it you read the website for?
Old Jun 29th 2017, 2:39 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
You keep posting hypocritical nonsense and I'll keep pointing it out.
It's a dirty job but somebody 's got to do it
Old Jun 30th 2017, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

So I've noticed.
Well 'if the cap fits wear it' ...as the old saying goes Good that you admit being a mud slinger ..cathartic..
Old Jun 30th 2017, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

(oh sorry you don't like facts do you) - can't resist the passive-aggressive ad-hom can you? Why is it that leftists are always like that? Is it the years of losing that has driven the ad-hom habit?

Her video is opinion, not fact.

Go-on, entertain us about the Gordon Brown gold sale - what is it you think the myth is? (I used to oversee a company that sold some gold)

Leftist and remainer - it seems clear that the left are bigger remainers than the right and when discussing the EU/referendum/immigration etc are often on the same page.
She is not giving a wild 'opinion' on the way money works... She is an expert with yrs of experience,unlike you ..but as I said.. You hate FACTS
The myth of the Gordon Brown gold sale is that he lost money for the treasury --If you care to follow the story beyond the hysterical hype of the time,you will find that he actually made money...BUT, wait a mo..that would be FACTS wouldn't it..so i doubt you will be bothered.
As to your 'It's CLEAR that left are bigger remainers than the right'. I am going to bounce that ball right back at yer. PROVE IT WITH FACTS,not your biased rhetoric

Last edited by GeniB; Jun 30th 2017 at 9:39 am.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 11:07 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
The myth of the Gordon Brown gold sale is that he lost money for the treasury --If you care to follow the story beyond the hysterical hype of the time,you will find that he actually made money...BUT, wait a mo..that would be FACTS wouldn't it..so i doubt you will be bothered.
It's not a myth but how you spin it.

Yes - Brown made money - it's difficult not to when you are selling gold but the fact is he sold at a very bad time when gold prices were historically low. His timing was at best appalling and he should have made a lot more money. That is why he attracts criticism (which I tend to feel is entirely justified).
Old Jun 30th 2017, 11:26 am
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
It's not a myth but how you spin it.

Yes - Brown made money - it's difficult not to when you are selling gold but the fact is he sold at a very bad time when gold prices were historically low. His timing was at best appalling and he should have made a lot more money. That is why he attracts criticism (which I tend to feel is entirely justified).
That's the thing though. When we needed the money, it was a bad time to sell. Had we waited, how were we going to raise the funds otherwise?

If I need money now, I'm going to dispose of some of my assets now. I can't always wait a month or a year for the market to give me a better rate. And if the market knows I'm desperate to sell, they're going to take advantage of my situation and low-ball.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 11:46 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
Did you mean country's laws or countries' laws? Grammar matters y'know.

In any case which other country's laws are we under at the moment?
Once we leave we will not be under the EU laws.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 11:48 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by la mancha View Post
It isn’t another country’s laws: it is actually the laws and regulations of an organisation, of which we were part. Of which we were part. Scotland does not want independence from an organisation. Two entirely different issues here. But we have been through all this before.
Yes, and we won't be under their control and laws anymore.

Who cares what Scotland thinks - there are more people in Yorkshire than Scotland.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 11:49 am
Democracy advocate

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
What is it you read the website for?
My daily hate.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 12:00 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
That's the thing though. When we needed the money, it was a bad time to sell. Had we waited, how were we going to raise the funds otherwise?

If I need money now, I'm going to dispose of some of my assets now. I can't always wait a month or a year for the market to give me a better rate. And if the market knows I'm desperate to sell, they're going to take advantage of my situation and low-ball.
Yep exactly right Hooky - he had backed himself into a corner by promising lots of spending and also promising not to raise income tax. That's why he needed the money - a wiser man would not have needed the money at that point...
Old Jun 30th 2017, 12:03 pm
Democracy advocate

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
She is not giving a wild 'opinion' on the way money works... She is an expert with yrs of experience,unlike you ..but as I said.. You hate FACTS
As to your 'It's CLEAR that left are bigger remainers than the right'. I am going to bounce that ball right back at yer. PROVE IT WITH FACTS,not your biased rhetoric
Where did I say her opinion was "wild"? Why do you guys continually make statements that are untrue?

Are you able to read and comprehend? Where did I say I disagreed with Brown's gold sales - you foaming-mouthed leftist remainers are joining the swivel-eyed-loons of the UKIP brigade, jumping down anyone's throats without even listening to their opinion.

Brown sold the gold - in retrospect it was a bad time in the gold price (and indeed the FX rate with the $), but that is in retrospect - we are all billionaires in retrospect. The prior 10+ years of gold price to his sales around 1999-2002 gave no indication of the long bull market that was just about to start.

How the United Kingdom voted on Thursday... and why - Lord Ashcroft Polls
Nearly two thirds of Labour and SNP voters (63% and 64%), seven in ten Liberal Democrats and three quarters of Greens, voted to remain.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 12:26 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.westmonster.com/jeremy-corbyn-backs-brexit-by-sacking-remoaning-mps/

Good ole Corby !
Old Jun 30th 2017, 12:31 pm
Democracy advocate

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly View Post
http://www.westmonster.com/jeremy-corbyn-backs-brexit-by-sacking-remoaning-mps/

Good ole Corby !
Yep - hard-Brexit Corbyn.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.