Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Jun 28th 2017, 2:09 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
Out of interest, do you have any links for the 600 Brits fighting in Portugal?
I googled and got three links.

Warning: there may be naked women on page 3

Shots fired after British holidaymakers at Algarve 'all-white' party start fights | Metro News

Additional warning. Behaving badly knows no nationality. We are all foreigners in most places, and all nationalities have people who behave badly.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 2:20 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Out of interest, do you have any links for the 600 Brits fighting in Portugal?
Algarve Daily News, the Metro.
It's big news here in Portugal.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 2:21 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I googled and got three links.

Warning: there may be naked women on page 3

Shots fired after British holidaymakers at Algarve 'all-white' party start fights | Metro News

Additional warning. Behaving badly knows no nationality. We are all foreigners in most places, and all nationalities have people who behave badly.
I find the desire for some to say that 600 Brits were rampaging, when it seems that 600+ Brits were present when some "rampaged", quite strange. It could easily have been 30-40 idiots doing the fighting.

It seems a desperate desire to put-down Brits and Britain the whole time and seems to emanate from butt-hurt remainers who are still crying in their beer over losing a referendum a year ago.

Each country has their fools, the idea that the UK uniquely has more or worse than other countries is idiotic.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 2:25 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I find the desire for some to say that 600 Brits were rampaging, when it seems that 600+ Brits were present when some "rampaged", quite strange. It could easily have been 30-40 idiots doing the fighting.

It seems a desperate desire to put-down Brits and Britain the whole time and seems to emanate from butt-hurt remainers who are still crying in their beer over losing a referendum a year ago.

Each country has their fools, the idea that the UK uniquely has more or worse than other countries is idiotic.
I agree with your last line.

The rest is editorializing and I don't see the relevance.

From the "600 Brits fighting" I was expecting the charge of the Light Brigade.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 2:31 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Of course bad behaviour knows no borders, but what distinguishes the Brits is that it's a notoriously common, daily occurrence throughout the season, and that's a prime source of the ubiquitous stereotypes.

The council have been trying to put an end to it, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Magaluf crackdown: 64 things you can't do this summer.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 3:15 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

You must be getting desperate trying to link justifiable criticism of a certain type of Brit who is not welcome in Portugal , not just by the Portuguese but by almost everyone else here and on holiday with remainders.
The only link is that they should remain in the UK where they can as they do every weekend get pissed and ruin our town centres .
Old Jun 28th 2017, 3:23 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
You must be getting desperate trying to link justifiable criticism of a certain type of Brit who is not welcome in Portugal , not just by the Portuguese but by almost everyone else here and on holiday with remainders.
The only link is that they should remain in the UK where they can as they do every weekend get pissed and ruin our town centres .
It's not justifiable - instead of a sensible & justifiable point about some drunk Brits, it's expanded to all 600 "rampaging" and then contrasted by some to the lovely Europeans who would never do anything wrong in another country.

Half a dozen Polish in the UK beat up some lesbians in Portsmouth a couple of months ago and even ended up kicking the girls teeth out. I don't extrapolate that as "Polish homophobic animals rampaging in UK", it's just the usual thuggish behaviour that arises from some segments of all societies.

I often read the Guardian online, there are lots of butt-hurt remainers on there who are like spoilt children and who want to lash-out at anyone/thing British. I see the same attitudes on here.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 3:27 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

I must say that, here in Marseille, when England is playing there is more police around than when another team plays. Having said that, I think they are aware of the Russians now as well.
I am NOT saying other teams don't give trouble, but, let's say, it (usually) is less than with the Brits.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 3:36 pm
EMR
Banned

It's not justifiable - instead of a sensible & justifiable point about some drunk Brits, it's expanded to all 600 "rampaging" and then contrasted by some to the lovely Europeans who would never do anything wrong in another country.

Half a dozen Polish in the UK beat up some lesbians in Portsmouth a couple of months ago and even ended up kicking the girls teeth out. I don't extrapolate that as "Polish homophobic animals rampaging in UK", it's just the usual thuggish behaviour that arises from some segments of all societies.

I often read the Guardian online, there are lots of butt-hurt remainers on there who are like spoilt children and who want to lash-out at anyone/thing British. I see the same attitudes on here.
Here is the bit you did not know, the majority of the group involved are from those communities you spend a lot of time denigrating, colour, class, background, where in London they live etc.
You know, the fecund ones.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 3:39 pm
Democracy advocate

Here is the bit you did not know, the majority of the group involved are from those communities you spend a lot of time denigrating, colour, class, background, where in London they live etc.
You know, the fecund ones.
Where have I denigrated people by colour etc?

When it comes to "fecund" it is a description of the propensity of immigrants to have more kids than the domestic population and made in the discussion about population increase.

Why do you feel the need to lie and make false and exaggerated accusations?
Old Jun 28th 2017, 3:46 pm
EMR
Banned

Where have I denigrated people by colour etc?

When it comes to "fecund" it is a description of the propensity of immigrants to have more kids than the domestic population and made in the discussion about population increase.

Why do you feel the need to lie and make false and exaggerated accusations?
You need to 're read your comments about the Grenfell fire and those who live in that part of London and much of the capital.
Many who made up the groups visiting Albufeira.
They were not white middle class Brits , the sort you wished lived in London.
But never the less still Brits who let us all down.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 4:04 pm
Democracy advocate

You need to 're read your comments about the Grenfell fire and those who live in that part of London and much of the capital.
Many who made up the groups visiting Albufeira.
They were not white middle class Brits , the sort you wished lived in London.
But never the less still Brits who let us all down.
Feel free to show me the comments you are talking about.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 4:29 pm
EMR
Banned

Feel free to show me the comments you are talking about.
So you do not have a problem with those of immigrant or immigrant background living on estates in social housing like Grenfell across London.
The same Brits who go abroad and cause problem.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed, every country has their wingnuts, but the leftist self-flagellating haters who so clearly dislike and disdain their own countrymen can only focus on Brits.

It must be difficult for them to hate their own people so much that they can only look for negatives the whole time.
You get used to it on here. Anything to put British people anywhere in a bad light. Not that some of them don’t deserve it when in Mallorca, but I have repeatedly shown on here that German low-budget tourists to Mallorca are not exactly angels. It seems some of the German low-budget tourists on Mallorca focus just as much on their Nazi-racist behaviour than they do on their drunkenness, which is also bad.

Just look at this comment from EMR. ‘15 Germans in Magaluf over 600 Brita in Albufeira When it comes to letting their nation down, Brits are much better at it than the German.’

We are talking about German Neo-Nazis plying their filth in Mallorca. But don’t let that simple fact get in the way of the anti-Brit sentiment on here.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 4:52 pm
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by la mancha View Post
You get used to it on here. Anything to put British people anywhere in a bad light. Not that some of them don’t deserve it when in Mallorca, but I have repeatedly shown on here that German low-budget tourists to Mallorca are not exactly angels. It seems some of the German low-budget tourists on Mallorca focus just as much on their Nazi-racist behaviour than they do on their drunkenness, which is also bad.

Just look at this comment from EMR. ‘15 Germans in Magaluf over 600 Brita in Albufeira When it comes to letting their nation down, Brits are much better at it than the German.’

We are talking about German Neo-Nazis plying their filth in Mallorca. But don’t let that simple fact get in the way of the anti-Brit sentiment on here.
In your world no UKIP tattooed baldies wearing offensive T shirts ever contaminate the costas as and other resorts popular with Brits.
No Brits use racist terms to describe their hosts in your world.

Strange how those on your side of the argument, in the Tory party, press etc have lost so many arguments that your only recourse is to question the patriotism of those who do not agree with you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.