Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Jun 22nd 2017, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
When will it get into your head that Brexit concerns the UK and EU and has nothing (!) to do with the rest of the world.
The rest of the world will become important AFTER Brexit !

And what do you have against a trading community (your words not mine) ?
Let me tell you that for millions and millions of people who live and work here, the EU is not just a trading community ! The EU as a whole is our HOME !
And I for one do NOT understand why the UK (England and Wales actually) want to lock their door to the rest of the family.
Indeed NARROW MINDED NATIONALISM !!!!

Rant over
Yes Brexit obviously concerns the EU and UK (it does concern other world countries particularly those who have close relationship with the UK-there has been plenty of discussion about it!)

I have nothing against a trading community if it is just that!
Yes the EU is home for just over a million UK citizens, the UK is home to 3.2 million citizens of EU countries---this will continue. Do you really honestly think it will not ? European people have been working and each others countries throughout history. 'Doors are not locked'.
(All our family have spent spent so much time in European countries, OD is in Athens at the moment--OH became 'British' so he didn't have to get a visa at each border when we travelled by train! That was before the EU was founded!)

The UK has relationships with Commonwealth countries and there is exchange of workers and migrants both ways with those countries, and to see just the 27 countries of the EU trade association as 'home' , is narrow minded nationalism.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 2:54 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Yes Brexit obviously concerns the EU and UK (it does concern other world countries particularly those who have close relationship with the UK-there has been plenty of discussion about it!)

I have nothing against a trading community if it is just that!
Yes the EU is home for just over a million UK citizens, the UK is home to 3.2 million citizens of EU countries---this will continue. Do you really honestly think it will not ? European people have been working and each others countries throughout history. 'Doors are not locked'.
(All our family have spent spent so much time in European countries, OD is in Athens at the moment--OH became 'British' so he didn't have to get a visa at each border when we travelled by train! That was before the EU was founded!)

The UK has relationships with Commonwealth countries and there is exchange of workers and migrants both ways with those countries, and to see just the 27 countries of the EU trade association as 'home' , is narrow minded nationalism.
FYI this is a post referendum threat !
If you want to discuss Commonwealth countries, start a threat !

And if all goes the way the UK wants, your OH will need a visa whichever way he wants to travel in EU because home for the UK will be JUST the UK !
And NO my home is the EU and not the whole world !
We already discussed the narrow minded nationalism !
And again : for most people in the EU it is NOT JUST a trade association (Hm, used to be community).
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
She has not given any legal rights for any EU citizen to stay.
She is using it as a negotiation tool to srcure the rights of Brits residing in Europe.
Where do You get your information from..
The rest of The world more important after brexit , again where do you get your information from.
Do you actually follow events in the UK..
I get information from the TV and newspapers--where do you get yours from?
Why on earth do you think I don't follow events in the UK??

I read previously that Mrs May said those already in the UK before article 50 triggered had a right to stay. Can't find a link regarding that.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-brexit-status
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 3:09 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

This is Mrs May her homework for tonight :

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...britons-europe

Theresa May must match the EU’s lifetime guarantee to preserve the rights of Britons living on the continent with a reciprocal package for EU citizens living in the UK, say campaign groups.

The prime minister is expected to finally outline her proposal for the 3 million EU citizens living in the UK at a dinner in Brussels on Thursday night. The EU sent its proposal to the British government on 12 June but has heard nothing since.
It wants Britons in Europe to continue to have all current rights for the rest of their lives including freedom of movement rights to work in other countries following Brexit.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And if all goes the way the UK wants, your OH will need a visa whichever way he wants to travel in EU because home for the UK will be JUST the UK !
And again : for most people in the EU it is NOT JUST a trade association (Hm, used to be community).
This thread is about the UK and EU, Post EU Referendum and there are more people living in the UK of Commonwealth origin than of EU origin --all had a vote in the referendum, they are now British. They exist!
You may not care about the rest of the world it exists -it contains human people just like you.

Your home is 27 countries of the EU association, why is that not "nationalism" or part continentalism!?

Travelling with a visa is not that much of a problem (It was just little attempt at 'humour' ) --we all still do!!

The fact that the EU is not just a trade association is why the UK voted leave. The joined the EEC.

Last edited by Bipat; Jun 22nd 2017 at 3:14 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 3:23 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

I get information from the TV and newspapers--where do you get yours from?
Why on earth do you think I don't follow events in the UK??

I read previously that Mrs May said those already in the UK before article 50 triggered had a right to stay. Can't find a link regarding that.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-brexit-status
The right to stay has not been incorporated into UK law, it is one of the items to be negotiated with the EU before any trade agreement is discussed.
It has been in the news for the last few days if not months.
One of the 8 brexit bills in the queens speech relates to this..
Your link confirms this..
People who have been here for years, bought homes, pay tax , have children being educated, asked to register.
Will they have to wear a yellow star as well.

Last edited by EMR; Jun 22nd 2017 at 3:26 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 3:29 pm
Preparing to move again

This thread is about the UK and EU, Post EU Referendum and there are more people living in the UK of Commonwealth origin than of EU origin --all had a vote in the referendum, they are now British. They exist!
You may not care about the rest of the world it exists -it contains human people just like you.

Your home is 27 countries of the EU association, why is that not "nationalism" or part continentalism!?

Travelling with a visa is not that much of a problem (It was just little attempt at 'humour' ) --we all still do!!

The fact that the EU is not just a trade association is why the UK voted leave. The joined the EEC.
Nice way of twisting my words :
where did I say I do not care about the rest of the world ? Where does that weird remark come from ? It is irrelevant in this threat !

And since Commonwealth people took British Nationality they are British and should vote in every referendum or election. Don't really see your point.

Nationalism :
an extreme form of patriotism marked by a feeling of superiority over other countries.plural noun: nationalisms

Obviously talking 1 (one) country here (like the UK) not 28 (soon 27) countries !!!

Old Jun 22nd 2017, 3:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
The right to stay has not been incorporated into UK law, it is one of the items to be negotiated with the EU before any trade agreement is discussed.
It has been in the news for the last few days if not months.
One of the 8 brexit bills in the queens speech relates to this..
Your l8nk confirms this.
Yes, but as I said above do you really think that the UK will deport EU citizens post Brexit!! As I said there have been people from 'European' countries living in the UK throughout history! This is all mock/battle while each side 'girds its metaphorical loins'!
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 3:41 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but as I said above do you really think that the UK will deport EU citizens post Brexit!! As I said there have been people from 'European' countries living in the UK throughout history! This is all mock/battle while each side 'girds its metaphorical loins'!
A mock battle, you really do not understand the complexity of the debate, the views on the right of the Tory party who would sacrifice any trade deals to get their way on immigration, all immigration.
May could take the subject off the table by giving all current EU migrants the permanent right to stay unconditionally now, but she will not, she dare not fearing the Tory right and Farage in the wings.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nice way of twisting my words :
where did I say I do not care about the rest of the world ? Where does that weird remark come from ? It is irrelevant in this threat !

And since Commonwealth people took British Nationality they are British and should vote in every referendum or election. Don't really see your point.

Nationalism :
an extreme form of patriotism marked by a feeling of superiority over other countries.plural noun: nationalisms

Obviously talking 1 (one) country here (like the UK) not 28 (soon 27) countries !!!

Your previous post seemed to indicate that mention of the UK's relationship with Commonwealth countries was irelevant. I was pointing out that the relationship post Brexit was also as relevant as the relationship with the EU countries post Brexit.
(Also it didn't end when free movement stopped!!)

"Superiority over other countries" isn't that what the EU is via the ECJ!
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 3:57 pm
Preparing to move again

Your previous post seemed to indicate that mention of the UK's relationship with Commonwealth countries was irelevant. I was pointing out that the relationship post Brexit was also as relevant as the relationship with the EU countries post Brexit.
(Also it didn't end when free movement stopped!!)

"Superiority over other countries" isn't that what the EU is via the ECJ!
Whatever you are on, I do not want it ! Can't be healthy !
You just do not want to understand so never mind (Think loads of people end a discussion with you this way).

I assume your superiority remark is another attempt to be humorous ?
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Golden Years has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Years has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Years has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Years has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Years has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Years has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Years has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Years has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Years has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Years has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Years has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think that the EU will require British people to get a visa before they can enter?
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 4:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Whatever you are on, I do not want it ! Can't be healthy !
You just do not want to understand so never mind (Think loads of people end a discussion with you this way).

I assume your superiority remark is another attempt to be humorous ?
I do understand that you are happy living in an EU country and that you want the UK to remain a member of the EU. (Not sure why when you are so critical of it?)
I think that you do not understand that there are others that think differently, and they have a right to that opinion "Loads" on this Forum have the same problem.

Yes, some attempt at humour about superiority. Can you not understand that the fact that EU law is supreme is something many in the UK do not like. Majority of countries of the world have their own justice system and decides who comes to permanently live there, why is this a sign of "nationalism"?
(In future do you want EU countries to partake in sports as EU and not their individual countries? If not why not?)

You disapprove of even mentioning Commonwealth countries --do you realise most immigrants to the UK originate from those countries as I said the end of 'free movement' ended with the Commonwealth Immigrants Act 1962--it didn't stop them coming to the UK did it.

European people will still come and live in the UK as they always have and vice versa.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 4:48 pm
Preparing to move again

Originally Posted by Golden Years View Post
Do you think that the EU will require British people to get a visa before they can enter?
One would hope not ... who knows where this will end ?

I do understand that you are happy living in an EU country and that you want the UK to remain a member of the EU. (Not sure why when you are so critical of it?)
I think that you do not understand that there are others that think differently, and they have a right to that opinion "Loads" on this Forum have the same problem.

Yes, some attempt at humour about superiority. Can you not understand that the fact that EU law is supreme is something many in the UK do not like. Majority of countries of the world have their own justice system and decides who comes to permanently live there, why is this a sign of "nationalism"?
(In future do you want EU countries to partake in sports as EU and not their individual countries? If not why not?)

You disapprove of even mentioning Commonwealth countries --do you realise most immigrants to the UK originate from those countries as I said the end of 'free movement' ended with the Commonwealth Immigrants Act 1962--it didn't stop them coming to the UK did it.

European people will still come and live in the UK as they always have and vice versa.
Lalalalaland .....

Actually : STOP PUTTING WORDS IN PEOPLE'S MOUTH !!!!!!

Last edited by Annetje; Jun 22nd 2017 at 4:51 pm. Reason: actually etc
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 5:05 pm
Preparing to move again

Fancy that ...

Brexit: Leave voter realises his fruit farms could collapse without EU migrant workers | The Independent

Harry Hall, of the Hall Hunter Partnership soft fruit company, said he was in favour of Brexit because of the issue of sovereignty but was concerned by the Government's approach to negotiations.

Didn't Mrs May mention in one of her speeches that the UK never lost their sovereignty ?
Oh well, live goes on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.