Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Jun 20th 2017, 1:18 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Didn't the government give Nissan 'assurances' last year?.......
Nobody knows what those were. One can only speculate that failing achieving "the cake and eating it too", there was a tax proposal. But I think the moral hazard exhibited by the Brexit government so far would make any promises rather questionable anyway.

Automakers can't just up sticks like financial services. They have factories and machines and are heavily invested in their workforce. If Brexit leaves them with untenable trade restrictions to their primary market (Europe), then I reckon the only available remedy would be (over time) to build new factories on the continent and downsize their UK operations to serve only the modest UK market, and even then, probably eventually just closing down and moving all operations to the continent, and serve the UK market from there. I'd guess most must already be researching those options. A crash out of the market would be a disaster for them.
Old Jun 20th 2017, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

Day one and people on here have gone into overdrive while Ami has gone link-crazy! People, it is the first day: get over it. There is a long way to go, 730 days, yes, seven hundred and thirty days to go! Lucky there isn’t a leap year in between. You are hanging on every word. What is wrong with you all? The good news is we have started negotiations. We are finally leaving the EU!!!
Old Jun 20th 2017, 1:26 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by la mancha View Post
Day one and people on here have gone into overdrive while Ami has gone link-crazy! People, it is the first day: get over it. There is a long way to go, 730 days, yes, seven hundred and thirty days to go! Lucky there isn’t a leap year in between. You are hanging on every word. What is wrong with you all? The good news is we have started negotiations. We are finally leaving the EU!!!
Well the EU has started negotiations. The UK apparently has nothing ready to negotiate with.

Lipstick, pig, etc.
Old Jun 20th 2017, 1:30 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, we see you're struggling with how it's played out since the referendum. But OK, it isn't as if nobody ever mentioned it. You just weren't willing to listen. So, relax and enjoy the ride now.
Old Jun 20th 2017, 1:31 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Read the link Post 18936.
I have not described any "rosy picture", it was just a report of yesterday's proceedings.
What report, certainly not the main UK news channels and media.
It's the express, NO one with any real knowledge of the subject takes it seriously..

Last edited by EMR; Jun 20th 2017 at 1:37 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2017, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
What report, certainly not the main UK news channels and media.
It's the express, NO one with any real knowledge of the subject takes it seriously..
It wasn't the express! Are you unable to look back at the posts of this morning?

It was Agence France-Presse Brussels. Printed in the Deccan Herald a newspaper known for its factual non-biased reporting.
Old Jun 20th 2017, 1:45 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Annetje! There you are

Bad news for you, I'm afraid. Looks like Belgium's EU membership might be in danger as bungling Brussels bureaucrats BAN Belgian frites

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ts-on-chemical
My first reaction was : OK, that's it. I'm of to Vanuatu !
And then I read the article, not once but twice ... and what strikes me ;

“The commission has no intention whatsoever to ban Belgian frites or any other frites for that matter,” the spokesman said.

All the rest of it I just regard like a Brexiteer regards the effects on Brexit as in ''not true'' !!!

And by the way, good the UK is leaving because :

A similar risk to that posed by the Belgian frite is found in roast potatoes, biscuits, porridge, coffee, crackers and bread

Old Jun 20th 2017, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

God, I am so happy once your little, dreary island is gone. Why don't you just drop everything, stop negotiating and bugger off. You have the whole world to trade with, remember. You don't need the EU.
Old Jun 20th 2017, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
My first reaction was : OK, that's it. I'm of to Vanuatu !
And then I read the article, not once but twice ... and what strikes me ;

“The commission has no intention whatsoever to ban Belgian frites or any other frites for that matter,” the spokesman said.

All the rest of it I just regard like a Brexiteer regards the effects on Brexit as in ''not true'' !!!

And by the way, good the UK is leaving because :

A similar risk to that posed by the Belgian frite is found in roast potatoes, biscuits, porridge, coffee, crackers and bread

Yes, and it is good that the UK is leaving so that we in Germany can call a marmelade a marmelade again and not "Fruchtaufstrich"
Old Jun 20th 2017, 1:55 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
It wasn't the express! Are you unable to look back at the posts of this morning?

It was Agence France-Presse Brussels. Printed in the Deccan Herald a newspaper known for its factual non-biased reporting.
So not a British news agency but a Beligian one reflecting the pro EU version of events.
So not contradicting the views in the UK main stream media that it was not a good day for Davis .
I am rolling around on the floor laughing hestiiracally at your lass few words.
But then it is an Indian news source .

Last edited by EMR; Jun 20th 2017 at 2:00 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2017, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

Who has nothing ready to negotiate with? Who is struggling with how it’s played out since the referendum? Sour bloody grapes the lot of you. We are leaving the EU. Day one and it has got to fever pitch on BE!! Get a grip, people. My, my, there are some really unhappy people on here today!
Old Jun 20th 2017, 2:01 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Who has nothing ready to negotiate with? Who is struggling with how it’s played out since the referendum? Sour bloody grapes the lot of you. We are leaving the EU. Day one and it has got to fever pitch on BE!! Get a grip, people. My, my, there are some really unhappy people on here today!

I can imagine : score so far EUR 3 UK 0
Old Jun 20th 2017, 2:05 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, we know we are leaving.

The UK has nothing ready to negotiate with. Who says so? Our own government and negotiating team.

"In contrast to well-rehearsed EU positions on issues such as the financial settlement and Irish borders, British officials admit they did not bring any prepared negotiating papers to share with their counterparts – insisting instead that their overall ambitions were made clear by the government’s white paper and Lancaster House speech."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...re-trade-talks
Old Jun 20th 2017, 2:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
So not a British news paper but a Beligian one reflecting the pro EU version of events.
So not contradicting the views in the UK main stream media that it was not a good day for Davis .
I am rolling around on the floor laughing hestiiracally at your lass few words.
But then it is an Indian news source .
No--not pro-EU, not contradicting any views just a 'report', why don't you read it????
Why are you rolling on the floor laughing?? What do you know about the newspaper I mentioned? It merely reprinted the Agence France-Presse report. Your ignorant prejudice knows no bounds!
Old Jun 20th 2017, 2:12 pm
EMR
Banned

O contraire, happy that your vision of brexit is going down the pan..

Hammond has come out all guns firing for a soft brexit., the cabinet is split, the PM is a lame duck.
Could it get any better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.