British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

DaveLovesDee May 11th 2017 9:32 am

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by lutonlad (Post 12250280)
Where's Diane Abbott when you need her?

She's no longer a member of this forum.

But I'm not sure why you think she's relevant.

Scamp May 11th 2017 9:47 am

Originally Posted by lutonlad (Post 12250257)
What sane person would constantly want to slag off a country they apparently have no interest in?

Replace 'country' with 'the EU'.

Then ask Dick and co.

Originally Posted by lutonlad (Post 12250280)
Where's Diane Abbott when you need her?

I'm not sure her skills are needed anywhere.
Wait. Skills....too generous?

Garbatellamike May 11th 2017 9:57 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12250282)
She's no longer a member of this forum.

But I'm not sure why you think she's relevant.

I thought Eric was Diane Abbott?

lutonlad May 11th 2017 10:14 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12250279)
Not just a country, that can apply to anything really. Including slagging off an organisation that brings common standards, and the ability to easily move people, goods and services across the borders of 28 countries (plus 4 associated members from the EEA). Without that organisation, there'd be 28 different currencies to deal with, visas, work permits, customs checks and a lot more red tape for cross-border businesses.

Or baiting someone then complaining when they react.

But Leave won, and we're apparently planning on leaving without access to the single market and/or customs union, so exactly what are we waiting for?

Good post.

I for one have no interest in slagging off the EU as an organisation. I wish it no harm. I'm not sure the same sentiment is extended to Britain by some on here.

'Baiting someone then complaining when they react'. On TIO? Heaven forbid!

Leave won. We certainly agree on that. What happens next is as much to do with the EU as it is with Britain.

InVinoVeritas May 11th 2017 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12250303)
I thought Eric was Diane Abbott?

I don't think so, but he taught her maths at school :lol:

lgm1963 May 11th 2017 11:45 am

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12250140)
... so production moves abroad.

A better solution than importing low skill people at the taxpayers' expense.

EMR May 11th 2017 11:58 am

Originally Posted by lgm1963 (Post 12250384)
A better solution than importing low skill people at the taxpayers' expense.

Of course what do we need production and jobs in the UK for.
I will not ask where your head is, it pretty obvious.

lgm1963 May 11th 2017 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12250398)

So...to recap....as far as your head is concerned the only solution to production needs is to import low skill people and maintain low wages.

There is no way at all your head will accept that reduction of the supply of low skill people will force wages to increase?

There is really no hope for you.

Assanah May 11th 2017 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12250398)

It is good for the EU when jobs move away from the UK. In that way European unemployment problems will lessen. So please just let those Brexiteers be. Don't pop their bubble.

lgm1963 May 11th 2017 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Assanah (Post 12250403)
It is good for the EU when jobs move away from the UK. In that way European unemployment problems will lessen. So please just let those Brexiteers be. Don't pop their bubble.

Quite agree.....let them grow and pick carrots in their homeland and sell them to us at a price cheaper than we can grow and pick them for.

Win / Win!

la mancha May 11th 2017 12:10 pm

To all the piss-takers on here, I would have thought the solution was obvious. Train homegrown youngsters instead of importing more than we need, so forcing down wages. And if there are any vacancies over we can offer them to EU and non-EU workers on an equal playing field.

lgm1963 May 11th 2017 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12250410)
To all the piss-takers on here, I would have thought the solution was obvious. Train homegrown youngsters instead of importing more than we need, so forcing down wages. And if there are any vacancies over we can offer them to EU and non-EU workers on an equal playing field.

Just to add.....work needs to pay and it needs to pay better than welfare.

I'm all for supporting those who cannot work but those who can work but choose not to, benefit payment needs to be restricted timewise.

It's not good enough to expect poor people to cross national boundaries to pick carrots because some lazy bastard won't cross a county boundary to do the same job primarily because us taxpayers pay them to do nothing.

We must incentivise work, with stick and carrot.

lutonlad May 11th 2017 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12250410)

:goodpost:

Assanah May 11th 2017 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by lgm1963 (Post 12250408)
Quite agree.....let them grow and pick carrots in their homeland and sell them to us at a price cheaper than we can grow and pick them for.

Win / Win!

Looks more like you will grow more carrots in future and deliver them to the EUfor low prices. Romania is busy growing its competitive IT businesses :kiss:

la mancha May 11th 2017 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Assanah (Post 12250418)
Looks more like you will grow more carrots in future and deliver them to the EUfor low prices. Romania is busy growing its competitive IT businesses :kiss:

About time.