British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Fredbargate Aug 21st 2016 2:58 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Assanah (Post 12031480)
Are you aware that most negotiations of free trade agreements are about integrating regulations? Something that the EU has done quiet well. Customs are not the problem anymore in international trade but divergence of regulation. My take: the EU was well ahead of its time with a truly new and revolutionary approach to trade. Giving massive freedom and opportunity to the once that were willing to take it. Obviously the EU didn' t do a good job in explaining this. For the UK it is too late now but hopefully the EU will do a better job with the rest of the member states.

Spain to Gibraltar and vice versa both in the EU?

aries Aug 21st 2016 7:21 pm

I note that many posters to this thread who disagree with the UK leaving the EU, seem to be living in Europe and therefore have personal reasons for disliking the Brexit referendum result.

I can understand your ire and concern, but if you have chosen not to live in the UK, you should be more concerned with the day to day life of your adopted countries, not how those who live in the UK should comply with EU directives which might not be in our best interests.

amideislas Aug 21st 2016 7:29 pm

Well, if that's how you feel, then vote leave. Oh, you already did.

Now, please do it. And as Britain has chosen to leave, please do not expect to retain the benefits of membership without the burdens. In fact, just go. That's what you voted for, so please do it. And soon.

Bipat Aug 21st 2016 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12031617)

Now, please do it. And as Britain has chosen to leave, please do not expect to retain the benefits of membership without the burdens. In fact, just go. That's what you voted for, so please do it. And soon.

Suggestion for a new EU anthem-----

GLORIA GAYNOR LYRICS - I Will Survive

Dick Dasterdly Aug 21st 2016 8:11 pm

Are these orders vitch must be obeyed at all times ? :eek:

Are you acting in an official capacity on behalf of the EU ? :confused:

Or is this simply your own private personnel campaign ? :unsure:

amideislas Aug 21st 2016 8:31 pm

Sorry, Dick. Remind me please, who chose to terminate the membership? OK, terminate the membership then.

Adiós. Auf wiedersehen. Tot ziens. Au Revoir. Bye bye.

...or do you want something else? A free club membership? No, sorry, we don't do that. It would be unfair to all the other members. We wish you good luck finding another club that gives you free stuff.

Dick Dasterdly Aug 21st 2016 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12031649)
Sorry, Dick. Remind me please, who chose to terminate the membership? OK, terminate the membership then.

...or do you want something else? A free club membership? No, sorry, we don't do that. It would be unfair to all the other members. We wish you good luck finding another club that gives you free stuff.

No doubt who made the choice and the right one at that.

I was simply wondering if there'd been some sort of adjustment regarding zee EUs chain of command ? ;)

Zat is presuming of course that there is an official chain of command,
though as the process is probably based on selection rather than election, who knows for sure ? :unsure:

amideislas Aug 21st 2016 8:51 pm

Yes, well, that's no longer any of your goddam bizness.

Europe Is Already Moving On From Brexit
When the leaders of Italy, Germany and France meet on Monday, Brexit will be just another item on the agenda.

Dick Dasterdly Aug 21st 2016 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12031667)
Yes, well, that's no longer any of your goddam bizness.

Ah but it eez some of our goddam bizness. :nod:

Unfortunately until we get clear we are still saddled with obscene contributions towards the fast fading dream of a German superstate.

Now pray tell me all about all this free stuff, we're supposed to have been receiving ?
:confused:
Can't say I've seen a single penny of it myself and I don't know anyone who has,
so please enlighten me. :cool:

amideislas Aug 21st 2016 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12031672)
Ah but it eez some of our goddam bizness. :nod:

Unfortunately until we get clear we are still saddled with obscene contributions towards the fast fading dream of a German superstate.

Now pray tell me all about all this free stuff, we're supposed to have been receiving ?
:confused:
Can't say I've seen a single penny of it myself and I don't know anyone who has,
so please enlighten me. :cool:

Several hundred billion in taxes from European trade, for starters. But you voted to leave that behind, so...

Dick Dasterdly Aug 21st 2016 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12031676)
Several hundred billion in taxes from European trade, for starters. But you voted to leave that behind, so...

There is no doubt that we will continue trading with European countries as before, most especially Germany who could least afford to lose that trade.

In any event our trading with the eu is at the cost of a huge deficit, so it doesn't take Einstein to work out who gets the greatest benefits.

If that's the best you can come up with, I would suggest you try an early night.:cool:

amideislas Aug 21st 2016 9:39 pm

That's nice Dick,

Surely Brits will continue to buy BMWs, Audi's, VW's Seats, and others, as well as European fruit and veg, and conversely, Europeans will continue to buy Pukka pies and HP sauce, but without passporting rights, the estimated $120 trillion annually that passes through the UK (mostly taxable) on the way to and from Europe will largely disappear.

But again, that's what you voted for, so why not just accept that and move on? Invoke article 50. Now. It's what you wanted, not?

Dick Dasterdly Aug 21st 2016 9:43 pm

So what's going on here Ami ?

Germany to tell people to stockpile food and water in case of attacks: FAS | Reuters

Hope you're not going to try blaming this one on Brexit. :confused:

la mancha Aug 21st 2016 9:44 pm

What a childish and downbeat attitude you have for your country. Please do not expect to retain benefits of membership? In your small island are you privy to what goes on in Brussels? Sometimes, when I read stupid posts like yours, I wish it would all turn sour and then you would see the devastation that will be wrought across the EU, and especially the Eurozone. We are going, have no doubt about that, because that is what we, not you, voted for. You could pour your vindictive energy into getting your unemployed in Mallorca and Spain back into work or do something useful to try and alleviate the poverty and social exclusion on Mallorca and across Spain, which you obviously do not see. But writing downbeat remarks about your country on a forum is easier, I suppose. Keep up the good work. Every post of yours shows your hatred of everything British, except the money they spend in Mallorca. For now.

I actually do think political goodwill will prevail on both sides. But you seem to be dribbling at the thought of everything turning bad for your country. Your remarks go far beyond just random comments. They are now obsessive. Britain must have done something bad to you in the past…

Hollande and Merkel have elections next year and the Italian has called a referendum on constitutional reforms. In reality they are all fighting for their political lives. I should think Brexit is the last thing on their minds, don’t you?

Dick Dasterdly Aug 21st 2016 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12031687)
That's nice Dick,

Surely Brits will continue to buy BMWs, Audi's, VW's Seats, and others, as well as European fruit and veg, and conversely, Europeans will continue to buy Pukka pies and HP sauce, but without passporting rights, the estimated $120 trillion annually that passes through the UK (mostly taxable) on the way to and from Europe will largely disappear.

But again, that's what you voted for, so why not just accept that and move on? Invoke article 50. Now. It's what you wanted, not?

Oh yes, we certainly will be moving on, but in our own time on a global scale and no longer dictated to by the abomination that is the EU. :cool: