British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Fredbargate May 8th 2017 4:43 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12247797)
Obviously you are not a student of European history.
You stopped in the first half of the 18th century.
the Churchill cue is " Unity "

Aren't you the one who is always complains when someone quotes from the past?

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12225126)
That makes me proud to be a 21st Century Brit thanks for the compliment.
It must be sad for you living in a world in which you are so out of touch with reality..
There must be some 1950s reinactment society you can join, if they will have you.

Here you are bringing Churchill into the equation :rofl:

Bipat May 8th 2017 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12247880)
YouGov is a polling company run by a former Tory election candidate and a prospective Tory election candidate, and has nothing to do with the actual government.

I am aware of that. I was questioning LIW's belief that the report 'posted' was written by someone other than Emily Dinsmore a student.

la mancha May 8th 2017 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Assanah (Post 12247688)
Yes, correct and the economy of Spain didn't crash but is actually gowing nicely - substituting the British customers with the world. And this despite being a member of the EU.

And the number of unemployed increased in Spain by 17,200 people during the first quarter of the year.

la mancha May 8th 2017 4:58 pm

By the way, my UKIP candidate for Harrow West 2015 – Mohammad Ali Bhatti.

Dick Dasterdly May 8th 2017 5:00 pm

Oh dear, this new found Eu unity didn't last to long,
....according to der spiegel.

Merkel scolds Juncker – Westmonster

"The first cracks in the EU’s united façade on Brexit are beginning to appear with Angela Merkel (of all people) slapping down European Commission President, and all-round cad Jean-Claude Juncker for briefings against the Prime Minister.

According to German broadsheet Der Spiegel, which has close links with the German government, relations between the German Leader and her usually pliant counterpart in Brussels have “soured” after Mrs Merkel accused Juncker of “inflaming” relations with the United Kingdom over Brexit.

Part of last week’s leak to the German press on the Juncker’s dinner at Downing Street included comments made by the Commission President in a phone call to Merkel early the next morning when he said Theresa May was “living in a different galaxy” on Brexit.

Brussels has gone on an outrageous attack in recent weeks, hoping to bully the British government into thinking it is totally ignorant of the EU and international negotiations, putting Merkel in a difficult position. Merkel, like Juncker and co. is an EU fanatic, yet at the same time, is reluctant to destroy relations with the UK and jeopardise preferential access to the UK’s lucrative market.

German business would be incandescent and Merkel is back up for election later this year."

Lion in Winter May 8th 2017 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12247888)
I am aware of that. I was questioning LIW's belief that the report 'posted' was written by someone other than Emily Dinsmore a student.

What?

I have almost no beliefs at all, btw, but my comment was specifically as to the editor, writers and owner of that site. I don't think I mentioned the column writer at all did I :confused:

EMR May 8th 2017 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12247886)
Aren't you the one who is always complains when someone quotes from the past?

Here you are bringing Churchill into the equation :rofl:

Follow the thread Fred.

SultanOfSwing May 8th 2017 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12247911)
Follow the thread Fred.

That's one of Paul Simon's lesser known lyrics.

EMR May 8th 2017 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12247912)

Good one, you will need to explain to Fred who Paul Simon is.

SultanOfSwing May 8th 2017 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12247915)
Good one, you will need to explain to Fred who Paul Simon is.

Perhaps ...

Bipat May 8th 2017 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12247901)
What?

I have almost no beliefs at all, btw, but my comment was specifically as to the editor, writers and owner of that site. I don't think I mentioned the column writer at all did I :confused:

The post that you replied to quoted the article, written by Emily Dinsmore a university student about a YouGov study.
I couldn't understand your reply--"Unsurprising conclusion" of the editor, I enquired if you ('thought' then instead of 'believed') that he had written it!

I 'assume' you don't agree with her!

Lion in Winter May 8th 2017 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12247922)
The post that you replied to quoted the article, written by Emily Dinsmore a university student about a YouGov study.
I couldn't understand your reply--"Unsurprising conclusion" of the editor, I enquired if you ('thought' then instead of 'believed') that he had written it!

I 'assume' you don't agree with her!

No, I don't think he wrote it. Particularly since it had someone else's name on it.

As for agreeing with her, as someone who works in marketing I know that you can survey people and get pretty much any response you like depending on who is taking the survey, what questions you ask and how you ask them. So I don't put much stock in them either way.

Lion in Winter May 8th 2017 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12247912)

Don't believe the Express, Tess.

SultanOfSwing May 8th 2017 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12247927)
Don't believe the Express, Tess.

Just put down the Mail, Gail.

DaveLovesDee May 8th 2017 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12247940)
Just put down the Mail, Gail.

Your girlfriend's a fromage, Farage!