British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

EMR May 8th 2017 8:24 am

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12247369)
I agree none of this is helping, Angela Merkel has admonished Juncker for his outbursts!
You didn't mention the constant criticism/ continued campaigning by those who voted Remain!

It's called democracy, we did not give up our rights to disagree with government.
We had 30 years of brexiters constant complaints about a democratic decision to join.
How would you feel if you had have been told to shut up.

Annetje May 8th 2017 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12247350)
:rofl::rofl:

Is that an EU sense of humour at work there Annetje? :lol:

Bit of sarcasm did squeeze in there :p Probably flew right over the head though ;)

Red Eric May 8th 2017 8:26 am

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 12247356)
There are lies, damned lies and Eric's maths ;)

My maths turned out pretty well though, eh Vino? ;)

March 6th :

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12198325)
...Le Pen's support is only around 25%, which means 75% are against her...

amideislas May 8th 2017 8:40 am

Since when do facts matter? Brexit means Brexit. Suck it up, buttercup. The EU is crumbling. Empire 2.0. Taking back control. Cake and eat it. Bloody foreigners. And all that.

InVinoVeritas May 8th 2017 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12247382)
My maths turned out pretty well though, eh Vino? ;)

March 6th :

Only you could count the 35% who didn't vote at all as being against Le Pen and then go on to label everyone who didn't vote for her, as being pro-EU.

Anyhow I have never been in favour of Le Pen winning, although not because of her EU views, so maybe we can move on from discussing your mathematical errors and ask whether Macron is at all likely to get a friendly reception for his EU reform plans.

Bipat May 8th 2017 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12247380)
Bit of sarcasm did squeeze in there :p Probably flew right over the head though ;)

Sarcasm usually best ignored!!

Annetje May 8th 2017 8:51 am

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 12247394)
Only you could count the 35% who didn't vote at all as being against Le Pen and then go on to label everyone who didn't vote for her, as being pro-EU.

Anyhow I have never been in favour of Le Pen winning, although not because of her EU views, so maybe we can move on from discussing your mathematical errors and ask whether Macron is at all likely to get a friendly reception for his EU reform plans.

One assumes that the Le Pen fans did go out and vote for her, seems ridiculous not to and hoping for the best :sarcasm:

Annetje May 8th 2017 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12247397)
Sarcasm usually best ignored!!

You still didn't reply though

amideislas May 8th 2017 8:54 am

Well, considering it's on the minds of virtually all EU members, I doubt it'll get a frosty reception.

Bipat May 8th 2017 8:55 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12247379)
It's called democracy, we did not give up our rights to disagree with government.
We had 30 years of brexiters constant complaints about a democratic decision to join.
How would you feel if you had have been told to shut up.

So if one 'side' are doing it, it is democracy!
If it's the other 'side' you put a complaining post about it?

EMR May 8th 2017 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12247405)
So if one 'side' are doing it, it is democracy!
If it's the other 'side' you put a complaining post about it?

You still do not get it do you.
You had every right to complain, no one told you to shut up.
Remainers have very right to voice their opinions about the progress of Brexit.
Get over it and accept that this is how we do things in the UK.

Bipat May 8th 2017 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12247401)
You still didn't reply though

I put my opinion of Jeremy Hunt--that should have indicated what I thought.
I would have hoped Mrs May would have replaced him when she appointed her Cabinet Ministers.
It is not necessary to agree with everything about the Government when supporting Brexit.

iano May 8th 2017 9:07 am

...ask whether Macron is at all likely to get a friendly reception for his EU reform plans.

I'd suggest Macron should receive a far friendlier reception than someone with EU reform plans who stands near the exit door threatening to leave.

Bipat May 8th 2017 9:16 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12247412)
You still do not get it do you.
You had every right to complain, no one told you to shut up.
Remainers have very right to voice their opinions about the progress of Brexit.
Get over it and accept that this is how we do things in the UK.

EMR -you need to read your own posts.
You asked IF Mrs May WAS HELPING future Brexit negotiations with her 'stance ' etc. I replied that Juncker had been admonished about his 'stance', I pointed out that the Remainers also were NOT HELPING in the potential negotiations to get a good deal.

Brexit is not progressing, negotiations haven't started yet. Get it?

EMR May 8th 2017 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12247421)
EMR -you need to read your own posts.
You asked IF Mrs May WAS HELPING future Brexit negotiations with her 'stance ' etc. I replied that Juncker had been admonished about his 'stance', I pointed out that the Remainers also were NOT HELPING in the potential negotiations to get a good deal.

Brexit is not progressing, negotiations haven't started yet. Get it?

Negotiations started on the morning of May's appointment " Get IT".
Every official announcements .press release, leak is part of the negotiation process " Get it ".