British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

morpeth Apr 25th 2017 8:40 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12237343)
What about the 100,s thousands of Palestinians thrown off their lands and homes , imprisoned,or worse in the occupied West Bank.
Massacred in refugee camps in Lebanon during the Israel incursions.
Israel building more illegal settlements on stolen land.
For every argument there is an opposite and equal one..
Nothing hypothetical .
It does not seem a giant intellectual leap to associate the support for Israel with the growth of Islamic extremism.

Why not address the specific issue posted ? This seems to be the method in this political climate of addressing issues. If some say Trump is corrupt, his supporters say Clinton more so. If there is a concern for Jews in Europe in the future, rather than address one brings up the plight of the Palestinians in Gaza and Lebanon. The " for every argument there is an opposite and equal one" doesn't really address the issue- so if for example Jews suffer increasing issues with imported and home-grown radical Islam, are you saying it isn't really an issue because radical Islam was caused in part because of Israel's actions ?

For the record I quite agree part of the reason for the growth in radical Islam has been the issue of Israel, and yes there is definitely a humanitarian reason to be concerned about the difficulties of the Palestinians in Gaza. And of course to wonder why the richer Arab nations themselves don't do more for the Palestinians and Syrians. I do wonder if this justifies the policies of importing the policy of bringing more into Europe whether defined as refugees or migrants of whom a certain percentage will be radical Islamists.

EMR Apr 25th 2017 8:42 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12237681)
I don't know what reminded me of this. Probably the Germany bashing and all the noise about Merkel and Trump and queues...

Anyway, this funny advert brings back memories. Reminds me how Britain and America share much of the same mindset. Also how that appears from afar.

https://youtu.be/ngmX0LwuLo0

At least the father knew where Germany is , not sure he would be in a majority of Americans 😀

EMR Apr 25th 2017 8:48 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by morpeth (Post 12237684)
Why not address the specific issue posted ? This seems to be the method in this political climate of addressing issues. If some say Trump is corrupt, his supporters say Clinton more so. If there is a concern for Jews in Europe in the future, rather than address one brings up the plight of the Palestinians in Gaza and Lebanon. The " for every argument there is an opposite and equal one" doesn't really address the issue- so if for example Jews suffer increasing issues with imported and home-grown radical Islam, are you saying it isn't really an issue because radical Islam was caused in part because of Israel's actions ?

For the record I quite agree part of the reason for the growth in radical Islam has been the issue of Israel, and yes there is definitely a humanitarian reason to be concerned about the difficulties of the Palestinians in Gaza. And of course to wonder why the richer Arab nations themselves don't do more for the Palestinians and Syrians. I do wonder if this justifies the policies of importing the policy of bringing more into Europe whether defined as refugees or migrants of whom a certain percentage will be radical Islamists.

No one was imported or bought in.
Do you have any comprehension of events in the past few years.

Why do believe that all Islamic nations should support each other ?
Why do you apply one rule to them but not to the followers of other global religions ?

morpeth Apr 25th 2017 8:51 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12237346)
Centuries of anti-semitism have **** all do to with the EU, or, indeed, immigrants. Nor will it be fixed with Islamophobia.

This constant effort to drum up any possible "argument" against immigrants/migrants/refugees/Muslims/foreigners crossing borders is absurd, distasteful, and reprehensible in the current climate.

It would seem quite logical that as with any public policy one should consider the current and future consequences. What is absurd fanatics on either side, those that oppose immigration without reason, or those who will go to any lengths to defend current trends without consideration of possible negative effects.

Clearly the threats of terrorism from home grown radical Islamists and imported ones through refugees/migration should be able to be discussed and not considered "reprehensible" to discuss. With all the sensationalist articles in the press I think there is even more reason to address the concerns of those who feel it may not be beneficial to increase the numbers of radical Islamists coming into Europe, if for no other reason to perhaps reduce the influence of articles that may not portray the situation accurately or fairly.

morpeth Apr 25th 2017 8:57 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12237689)
No one was imported or bought in.
Do you have any comprehension of events in the past few years.

Why do believe that all Islamic nations should support each other ?
Why do you apply one rule to them but not to the followers of other global religions ?

I was referring to home-grown and imported radical Islamists in Europe not in Israel.

I just posed the question why aren't the Arab nations doing more for the Palestinians and Syrian refugees and those in the camps.

EMR Apr 25th 2017 9:06 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by morpeth (Post 12237695)
I was referring to home-grown and imported radical Islamists in Europe not in Israel.

I just posed the question why aren't the Arab nations doing more for the Palestinians and Syrian refugees and those in the camps.

So was I, you obviously do not have any idea of events in recent years.
Why do you expect different nationalities who only have a religion in common to do more for each other because that religion is Islam.

Who is importing Islamic terrorists, ?
How many incidents relate to those who came in as part of the recent refugee crisis.
One is obviously too many but it is home grown terrorists who are responsible for the majority of attacks.

Scamp Apr 25th 2017 9:08 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12237093)
What’s it like to have a muvver as a knuckle-dragger, boy? (That’s if I believe the BS posted on here.)

I'm not sure I understand this.

Is this povertyspeak?

morpeth Apr 25th 2017 9:13 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12237353)
Jews leave Swedish city after sharp rise in anti-Semitic hate crimes - Telegraph

This was the situation way back when I was spending more time there.

Poor folk really believed they had found a place of safety when they moved to Sweden.

It was reported at the time that 75% of the Jews who had been living in Malmo had already fled at that time.

Police and authorities did virtually nothing to stop the persecution and were more or less content to stand back and let it happen.

It came as no surprise to those who were aware of Sweden's backing for the Nazis during the war.

There have been many articles about the situation of the Jews in Sweden such as the one you posted, including many which have posted crime statistics supporting the view that the increase in immigration/refugees from Islamic countries has contributed to crime increases and increasing pressure on the Jews in particular in Sweden. Conversations I have had with Europeans who have visited Sweden in recent years have indicated their opinions that the situation has been a negative for Sweden. So on the surface, as I haven't been in Sweden this year, it is difficult to believe there isn't a problem and one that may get worse.

On the other hand EMR has been there quite recently and reports that one of the famous "no go" zones isn't anywhere near as bad as reported. Others have posted quite convincing reasons why the crime statistics aren't as clear as they are portrayed- for example the "double-counting" in rape statistics. Are all the negative comments on the issue just made-up sensationalism >

I wonder if anyone else has recently been to Sweden recently or very familiar with the situation could comment ? And how much does this have to do with Brexit and the UK ? Or if the situation of bringing in the refugees and having home grown radical Islamists is a positive for Sweden, perhaps does that mean there should be more open borders ?

EMR Apr 25th 2017 9:17 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by morpeth (Post 12237704)
There have been many articles about the situation of the Jews in Sweden such as the one you posted, including many which have posted crime statistics supporting the view that the increase in immigration/refugees from Islamic countries has contributed to crime increases and increasing pressure on the Jews in particular in Sweden. Conversations I have had with Europeans who have visited Sweden in recent years have indicated their opinions that the situation has been a negative for Sweden. So on the surface, as I haven't been in Sweden this year, it is difficult to believe there isn't a problem and one that may get worse.

On the other hand EMR has been there quite recently and reports that one of the famous "no go" zones isn't anywhere near as bad as reported. Others have posted quite convincing reasons why the crime statistics aren't as clear as they are portrayed- for example the "double-counting" in rape statistics. Are all the negative comments on the issue just made-up sensationalism >

I wonder if anyone else has recently been to Sweden recently or very familiar with the situation could comment ? And how much does this have to do with Brexit and the UK ? Or if the situation of bringing in the refugees and having home grown radical Islamists is a positive for Sweden, perhaps does that mean there should be more open borders ?


Sweden no longer has open borders.
It closed them some time ago.
Even we Brits have to prove identity when entering.

Red Eric Apr 25th 2017 9:21 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by morpeth (Post 12237704)
And how much does this have to do with Brexit and the UK ? Or if the situation of bringing in the refugees and having home grown radical Islamists is a positive for Sweden, perhaps does that mean there should be more open borders ?

Is the situation of constantly bringing immigrants into any and every debate or starting new threads ostensibly on some different angle a positive for BE when it would seem to have been done to death so often? Is there anything new that has been said on the matter within the last week / month / year?

morpeth Apr 25th 2017 9:21 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12237699)
So was I, you obviously do not have any idea of events in recent years.
Why do you expect different nationalities who only have a religion in common to do more for each other because that religion is Islam.

Who is importing Islamic terrorists, ?
How many incidents relate to those who came in as part of the recent refugee crisis.
One is obviously too many but it is home grown terrorists who are responsible for the majority of attacks.

The Arab nations have more in common than just their religion.

I do not know the exact breakdown how many terrorist incidents were from refugees, migrants, those entering on legitimate visas, home-grown perpetrators. As you say even one is too many from any category.

EMR Apr 25th 2017 9:23 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by morpeth (Post 12237719)
The Arab nations have more in common than just their religion.

I do not know the exact breakdown how many terrorist incidents were from refugees, migrants, those entering on legitimate visas, home-grown perpetrators. As you say even one is too many from any category.

You mean just like we Anglo saxon Christian nations have so much in common.:eek::eek:

morpeth Apr 25th 2017 9:33 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12237340)
Yet another Remoaner has seen the light. :thumbup:


Brexit: Remainer Chris Philip brands EU a 'PROTECTIONIST RACKET' | UK | News | Express.co.uk

Remoaner HUMBLED: MP now 'optimistic' over Brexit and brands bloc a 'PROTECTIONIST RACKET'

A REMAIN-voting MP has performed a stunning u-turn by admitting that Brexit could offer Britain a whole host of new free trade opportunities.

Mr Philp said: “Although I voted for ‘remain’ in the referendum last June, I am optimistic about our countries prospects as we leave the European Union.

“I’m optimistic personally because the European Union needs us for trade more than we need them.”

"The following export product groups represent the highest dollar value in UK global shipments during 2016. Also shown is the percentage share each export category represents in terms of overall exports from United Kingdom.
Machinery including computers: US$60.3 billion (14.7% of total exports)
Vehicles : $51.7 billion (12.6%)
Pharmaceuticals: $32.6 billion (8%)
Gems, precious metals: $27.5 billion (6.7%)
Electrical machinery, equipment: $27.1 billion (6.6%)
Mineral fuels including oil: $26.2 billion (6.4%)
Aircraft, spacecraft: $20.7 billion (5.1%)
Optical, technical, medical apparatus: $17.2 billion (4.2%)
Plastics, plastic articles: $11.2 billion (2.7%)
Organic chemicals: $10.8 billion (2.6%)"

Excluding oil and precious metals, for which I cant imagine whether being a EU member or not would make much difference ( 13.1% above), I am wondering what type of new trade deals would significantly grow the exports of such high-value products ?

Thairetired2016 Apr 25th 2017 9:35 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by morpeth (Post 12237719)
The Arab nations have more in common than just their religion.

I do not know the exact breakdown how many terrorist incidents were from refugees, migrants, those entering on legitimate visas, home-grown perpetrators. As you say even one is too many from any category.

Germany had several smaller attacks (not just Berlin) and no attacker was homegrown but was imported.
Why don't Arab nations not help Syrian refugees?
Main group Sunni (e g. Saudi Wahabi) doesn't like smaller group Shiite.
Syria is mainly Shiite. IS is Sunni.
Be rest assured that they would be united if the fight was against infidels.

EMR Apr 25th 2017 9:38 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016 (Post 12237733)
Germany had several smaller attacks (not just Berlin) and no attacker was homegrown but was imported.
Why don't Arab nations not help Syrian refugees?
Main group Sunni (e g. Saudi Wahabi) doesn't like smaller group Shiite.
Syria is mainly Shiite. IS is Sunni.
Be rest assured that they would be united if the fight was against infidels.

The force is definitely not strong in you today as is your knowledge of current events.

Eg Syria is 70% sunni.
Arabs as a defined race existed for centuries before Islam in fact Syria was a province of the Roman empire .


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:01 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.