British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Dick Dasterdly Apr 24th 2017 8:39 am

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12236747)
In my mother's day, it was the bloody Yanks who were to blame for everything. Did you know the crap weather in England was because of those daft yanks shootin' up those rockets into space?

But that was before the EU. In any case, foreigners are always to blame.

http://rationalwiki.org/w/images/thu..._mail_1938.jpg

Next, I reckon it'll be the Scots. Bloody foreigners!

Meanwhile the Germans are heading to Hungary,

to get away from the bloody Foreigners.

:rofl:

Annetje Apr 24th 2017 8:42 am

Originally Posted by iano (Post 12236797)
Do our Brexiteers genuinely, and I mean genuinely, consider the following to be in the UK's national interest ? Vino ? Dick ? Manch ? Anyone ?

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12236809)
Morning Moaners, I see its Monday Morning Moan time.:(

Time to get it out of your system, I'm sure you'll feel much better for it.

;)

Morning Dick, fallen out of bed, have you ?
Now that you are fully awake, do you mind answering Iano's question ?

amideislas Apr 24th 2017 8:51 am

"Social Dicking"?

amideislas Apr 24th 2017 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12236811)

Foreigners leaving their foreign homeland for a foreign land, to get away from foreigners?

Oh, I get it now. Lots of Italians live in Italy. Presumably to avoid being around Italians. And that explains why brexit is a good thing.

Thairetired2016 Apr 24th 2017 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12236811)

Hungary has become a popular destination for Germans for a number of reasons: cheap cost of living, better environment for retired people like free public transport, medical care, less women in niqabs and Burkas around and all that goes with it. Many prefer an Orban to a Merkel. Don't blame them.

EMR Apr 24th 2017 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016 (Post 12236901)
Hungary has become a popular destination for Germans for a number of reasons: cheap cost of living, better environment for retired people like free public transport, medical care, less women in niqabs and Burkas around and all that goes with it. Many prefer an Orban to a Merkel. Don't blame them.

I am sure the vast majority of Germans would be more than happy for all the Orban supporters to emigrate to Hungary.

amideislas Apr 24th 2017 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016 (Post 12236901)

Sounds like Spain (Germans, foreigners, et al). But Spain is full of foreigners too. I wonder how all the German expats fleeing from "foreigners" live with that?

Oh, wait. Foreigners are too daft to "get" why you need to be paranoid of foreigners (besides, why would they fear themselves?).

But what about the "brefugees"? Would they be welcome in a backward, third-world foreigner place like Germany?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClwTPSxXIAAjh3M.jpg

Lion in Winter Apr 24th 2017 12:14 pm

Look, instead of everyone getting their knickers in a twist because people move from one country to another, why don't we just swap country names around? Hungary can be called Germany, Spain can be called England, France can be called Morocco, the UK can be called tbe US - the possibilities are almost endless and that way nobody's a foreigner.

Scamp Apr 24th 2017 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12236999)
Look, instead of everyone getting their knickers in a twist because people move from one country to another, why don't we just swap country names around? Hungary can be called Germany, Spain can be called England, France can be called Morocco, the UK can be called tbe US - the possibilities are almost endless and that way nobody's a foreigner.

What I struggle with is the focus of this forum being British Expats....yet the anti-immigrant / movement of people / **** off back to your own country attitude of so many.

iano Apr 24th 2017 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12237004)
What I struggle with is the focus of this forum being British Expats....yet the anti-immigrant / movement of people / **** off back to your own country attitude of so many.

Travel broadens the mind, unless it's to a corner of a Spanish field that's forever England.

Dick Dasterdly Apr 24th 2017 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12236827)
Foreigners leaving their foreign homeland for a foreign land, to get away from foreigners?

Oh, I get it now. Lots of Italians live in Italy. Presumably to avoid being around Italians. And that explains why brexit is a good thing.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/9...eaving-germany

"Germany is facing a spike in migrant crime, including an epidemic of rapes and sexual assaults. Mass migration is also accelerating the Islamization of Germany. Many Germans appear to be losing hope about the future direction of their country.

"We refugees... do not want to live in the same country with you. You can, and I think you should, leave Germany. And please take Saxony and the Alternative for Germany (AfD) with you.... Why do you not go to another country? We are sick of you!" — Aras Bacho an 18-year-old Syrian migrant, in Der Freitag, October 2016.

A real estate agent in a town near Lake Balaton, a popular tourist destination in western Hungary, said that 80% of the Germans relocating there cite the migration crisis as the main reason for their desire to leave Germany.

"I believe that Islam does not belong to Germany. I regard it as a foreign entity which has brought the West more problems than benefits. In my opinion, many followers of this religion are rude, demanding and despise Germany." — A German citizen who emigrated from Germany, in an "Open Letter to the German Government."

"I believe that immigration is producing major and irreversible changes in German society. I am angry that this is happening without the direct approval of German citizens. ... I believe that it is a shame that in Germany Jews must again be afraid to be Jews." — A German citizen who emigrated from Germany, in an "Open Letter to the German Government."

amideislas Apr 24th 2017 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12236999)

??? How can you be a "foreigner" if you're English?
Regardless of where you live? English means English, not "foreigner". Look it up.

Can't help but be reminded of that conversation with the English girl at the ajuntimento. She, at least, wouldn't tolerate the Spanish woman accusing her of being a "foreigner". In fact, it turns out that it's a state-sponsored racist Spanish policy to arrogantly treat innocent English citizens as "foreigners". And the hypocrisy! They don't even bother to learn or speak proper English! We aren't daft, you know. We're English. We aren't arrogant, racist hypocrites like you daft foreigners.

la mancha Apr 24th 2017 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12236684)
Jesus, you could get angry with a wall in a silent room.
Just calm down and stop being so utterly obtuse. If you weren't so desperate to be awkward, you'd have saved about 3 pages of bollocks.

The type of person she's talking about; my Mum. New Mercedes end of last year, nice detached house in a nice part of the South, has read the Daily Mail all her life (well, at least all of mine), just bought a new, bigger TV, some new sofas and carpets too actually....voted Brexit. Moans about immigrants, among other things. You know the type, the middle class English folk who get things like the bus and the refugee queues rammed down their throats? Get a bit scared, remember when things were 'Great'.

Stop being so backward and think for yourself.

Any that don't regularly have to apologise for lying?

What does it matter where we are in the 'queue'?

Trump has the option to negotiate trade deals with an economy the size of Europe or an economy worth less than half of their own?

Now it's not that simple, I think there is great value of having easy trade UK/US but we can't expect to be ahead of the EU maybe? Or can we all get deals sorted side by side? Is it just a metaphor that was used? Is it something for you to just get angry about for no reason? Yep.

No point missing an opportunity to start arguing over something pointless eh.
Soon you'll get to turn one of these conversations towards poverty. :nod:

What’s it like to have a muvver as a knuckle-dragger, boy? (That’s if I believe the BS posted on here.)

la mancha Apr 24th 2017 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12236747)
In my mother's day, it was the bloody Yanks who were to blame for everything. Did you know the crap weather in England was because of those daft yanks shootin' up those rockets into space?

But that was before the EU. In any case, foreigners are always to blame.

http://rationalwiki.org/w/images/thu..._mail_1938.jpg

Next, I reckon it'll be the Scots. Bloody foreigners!

That headline was from 1938, was it not? These European Jewish people were fleeing a Germany that wanted to exterminate them. The ultra-racist German politicians and even more anti-Semitic German people were rounding up Jewish people and sending them to camps before the war started. There they were to be liquidated. So what did these people do? They fled. This bears no resemblance to modern day refugees most of whom are not refugees at all. This is a sick comparison. If you knew of this time in history when Germany and its people murdered millions of innocent people then you would not post such <<<SNIP>>just to feel smugly better.

iano Apr 24th 2017 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12237029)

Gatestone has been criticized for publishing inaccurate articles.

Sigh.